Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Modern Warfare 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:13 am
So there will be 3 game modes for this amazing game! Campaign, Special Forces, and Multiplayer. The game looks beautiful graphically.

Ill try to ffind some real screenshots and post them.

Campaign:
The story this time around seems pretty epic. You play as a new guy who is in Task Force 141 which is by Captain "Soap" MacTavish. You are after a terroist ,that has ties to Zakhaev from the first Modern Warfare, named Makaov. You will travel to places such as Russia and Brazil. There is no Co-op for the campaign.

Special Forces:
This is pretty much like Rainbow Six meets Modern Warfare. This will be alot like the Mile High Club mission at the end of CoD4. There will be lots of these missions. They stated there will be a mission where you enter a enemy facility through there shower room. Setting of C4 off the side of the building and entering the building. Using riot shields to defend you, enemies will try to flank and catch you off guard. This game will require 2 people so you have each other to watch your back. This was added because co-op multiplayer would not fit into the campaign.

Multiplayer:
Not much has been revealed on multiplayer really. But i shall post if there are more.

Well this is prety much what i know so far in a nutshell. The game is gonna be so amazing. I cant wait. This is a definate pre order and day one purchase.  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 3:39 am
I did not find no screen shots but i found a video blaugh

In the beginning you can see people with riot shields which shows 2 secs of Special Forces in motion. The rest of the trailer reveals the single player campaign and the main antagonist Marakov!

Modern Warfare 2 Exteneded Reveal Trailer

Enjoy 3nodding  

Tron714
Vice Captain

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:40 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:25 am
November 10 is only a few months away until Activision's cash cow is released. They announced the special editions on youtube and unboxed the prestige edition of Mondern Warfare 2. There will be 3 types of copies to be sold.

Regular copy: Just the actual copy of the game, the normal

Hardened Edition: Call of Duty redeem code, Steel case w/custom art finish, art book

Prestige Edition: Night Vision Goggles, Hardened Edition

Here is the vid for the unboxing of Prestige Edition

I for one would only want the Call of Duty redeem code, i guess ill just wait for Modern Warfare 2 to drop in price in a year or 2 and buy the Call of Duty on XLA.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

CodeRedFed

5,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:04 am
Oh wow, It looks amazing.
Definatly on my list of games to get.

Buuut, I knew that as soon as I heard it was coming out. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:24 am
This game looks awesome. I'm getting it for the Wii once it comes out. Hopefully they make better online multiplayer for the Wii tho, seeing as WaW only had 4v4 and not all of the game modes.  

PhoenixBlade983

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:28 am
If there was ever a "realistic" fps to wait for, this is it. I'll be getting it too.
I'm still loling at the name change though.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:24 am
This is a title i can wait for. No big online achievements to worry about and people are still going to play this when the next Call of Duty roles around.

Kinda wished that they kept it as Modern Warfare though... now the people who dont know the naming convention of the series will be all this is Call of Duty 7: Modern Warfare 2 or CoD7:MW2. Gosh i hate people who say they are "hardcore gamers" when all they play is Call of Duty or something that's "hardcore" and not for noobs.

But ill leave that as another topic ill probably post when i get agrivated 3nodding  

Tron714
Vice Captain

Haratio TaFotter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:38 pm
Looks pretty amazing. I never liked COD storylines, but the first Modern Warfare had a really good story for an FPS.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:42 am
PhoenixBlade983
I'm getting it for the Wii once it comes out.

Uh...You could be waiting a while.  

yeahime

Lt Gigglebottom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:55 am
I'm too sexcited about modern warfare 2 since it's being released november 10th and my birthday is on the 16th so yeah real excited about that.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:45 am
PhoenixBlade983
This game looks awesome. I'm getting it for the Wii once it comes out.

yeah it will be a while. But hey! you can enjoy the first Modern Warfare soon!
G4TV

Nintendo is certainly feeling the Activision love this week. First, it was announced that developer n-Space is working on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Mobilized for the DS. And now Activision has confirmed that Call of Duty: World at War developer Treyarch will be releasing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, a port of Infinity Ward's smash hit Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, for the Wii. Both titles will be released simultaneously with IW’s über-anticipated Modern Warfare 2 on November 10.

It’s hardly surprising news, given that Treyarch previously released Wii versions of Call of Duty 3 and World at War, but it’s still good to hear, especially for Wii owners who haven’t gotten around to checking out COD4 yet.

Any Wii owners out there who still haven’t played Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare?

Just hope Treyarch doesnt mess this up

3nodding  

Tron714
Vice Captain

PhoenixBlade983

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:08 am
Tron714
PhoenixBlade983
This game looks awesome. I'm getting it for the Wii once it comes out.

yeah it will be a while. But hey! you can enjoy the first Modern Warfare soon!

yea i just found that out....i may just screw it and buy an xbox  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:40 am
Go Xbox! xd  

Tron714
Vice Captain

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items