Ahem Check this out. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:22 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1a4VnMvY3A

Yeah, this could be a problem if it catches on.  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:35 am
Well if it's easy enough to fool no skin on our bones, but somehow I have the feeling that they'll fix that. This sucks.  

Krilliad

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:43 am
Battlefield Reaper
Well if it's easy enough to fool no skin on our bones, but somehow I have the feeling that they'll fix that. This sucks.

Well, apparently the courts ruled that mandatory safety devices would be a violation of 2A, but I suppose it could change.

But our friends over in Deutschland don't have a 2A.
So you get cheese d**k companies want laws to make their monopoly mandatory.
And retarded a** goose stepping politicians would be happy to make such a law possible.

Especially when it means only a QUALIFIED gun shop can remove them, and I'm sure they've got all the gun shops under their watch.

I'm sure the repeated insertion of that metal device will damage the barrel over time.  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:47 am
WTF?!

I have to take my gun to a shop before I can shoot it? Ain't gonna happen.

I loved to see how easy it was to defeat the locking device and the confession of the maker that no lock is 100% secure if someone wants to defeat it.

Stupid. Just plain stupid.  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

war_junky 91

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:23 am
Floyd
WTF?!

I loved to see how easy it was to defeat the locking device and the confession of the maker that no lock is 100% secure if someone wants to defeat it.

Twenty seconds to remove, that no more safe than a thumb turn lock on a door handle. And the guy compared the thing to the safety of tank. You don't need a HEAT round to remove this device. lol  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:10 pm
The guy who removed the safety device on his own basically just said "******** you" to the company that made it =P  

Anima_Raptor

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:06 pm
POLITICIANS, GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK ******** SKULLS: GUN BARRELS CAN BE CHANGED EASILY.  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:41 pm
Floyd
WTF?!

I'm not sure, my German is rusty.

But I think 2.5 million Euros was sunk into this piece of s**t.

I'm sure the parents of the kid that went and shot the school either told the kid in confidence about the lock, so he was able to remove it, OR the kid picked the lock.

You're not going to stop a determined soul, but they screw everyone else over because they think they can.

I'm sure Fresnel, that if they pass a law making those mandatory, they will make the people register gun barrels just like they do with frames.

Did you see that guy's CZ? Nice.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:53 pm
OberFeldwebel
Floyd
WTF?!

I'm sure the parents of the kid that went and shot the school either told the kid in confidence about the lock, so he was able to remove it, OR the kid picked the lock.

You're not going to stop a determined soul, but they screw everyone else over because they think they can.

I'm sure Fresnel, that if they pass a law making those mandatory, they will make the people register gun barrels just like they do with frames.

You know the whole bullshit about 'ballistic fingerprinting'? I could defeat it with $150.

1) Shoot someone with a Glock.
2) Buy new barrel for Glock
3) Buy sledgehammer with what's left over
4) Switch out barrel
5) Sledgehammer old barrel
6) INNOCENCE!

profit, blah blah blah. $150 is better than 25 to life.  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:37 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Floyd
WTF?!

You know the whole bullshit about 'ballistic fingerprinting'? I could defeat it with $150.

4) Switch out barrel
6) INNOCENCE!

I don't believe they match the specific barrel to the gun.
More of the bullet to the barrel to the make of the gun. Not really the specific gun.

Even if it was on file I don't think they could distinguish one round that came from an RIA 1911A1 of one serial number to another.
The real defining factors are if there was some damage to the barrel or crown leaving a destinct mark that's out of the ordinary. Or other parts making marks on the casing.

It could give someone trouble if someone used a match barrel or different maker barrel to do a crime and then switched to a factory, original maker, barrel and ditched the old one. Different groove twist etc etc.
But not with the same types.

But, if they get the casing and the gun leaves a distinct mark on it from the follower or the mag body then the person might get caught.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 3:09 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Floyd
WTF?!

4) Switch out barrel
6) INNOCENCE!

I don't believe they match the specific barrel to the gun.
More of the bullet to the barrel to the make of the gun. Not really the specific gun.

Even if it was on file I don't think they could distinguish one round that came from an RIA 1911A1 of one serial number to another.
The real defining factors are if there was some damage to the barrel or crown leaving a destinct mark that's out of the ordinary. Or other parts making marks on the casing.

It could give someone trouble if someone used a match barrel or different maker barrel to do a crime and then switched to a factory, original maker, barrel and ditched the old one. Different groove twist etc etc.
But not with the same types.

But, if they get the casing and the gun leaves a distinct mark on it from the follower or the mag body then the person might get caught.
I think each barrel wears a tiny bit differently, and so if they have two bullets from the same gun (one from the crime scene and one from a lab test-fire) they can match the bullets and confirm they came from the same gun. At least, that's what CSI says, but they've been wrong before.

You could file out one barrel to leave unique distinguishing markings, use it in a crime, then destroy it, and the barrel you have in your gun would be missing markings that should be there. That might work.

Hell, then again, history shows that any two bullets fired from the same gun have a small chance of being identical, even if they were both fired in controlled lab environments.  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 1:43 pm
Pretty neat idea. I hate the idea but it's neat none-the-less.  

Sergeant CJ

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:44 pm
Sergeant CJ

Well... I dunno, it's stupid to me.

It's about as 'neat' or 'good of an idea' as the Ford Pinto.  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:03 pm
OberFeldwebel
Sergeant CJ

Well... I dunno, it's stupid to me.

It's about as 'neat' or 'good of an idea' as the Ford Pinto.

Yeah especially since like Fresnel said it can easily be avoided by swtiching out barrels. Hell give me three days, the cash, and barrels and i could have a streamlined casting process up and running. That wouldn't be profitable for me, but for a street dealer in Germany it would be. ninja You heard nothing.  

war_junky 91

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:18 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Floyd
WTF?!

4) Switch out barrel
6) INNOCENCE!

Wow, what a waste of money.. i could beat it with $15.

1) buy a box of ammo
2) shoot said ammo
3) Clean gun
4) ???
5) Profit!

Each round that goes through a barrel alters it slightly and seeing as how you now have 50 rounds to burn through it, as well as the bore brush, they will never know.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff