Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
Twitter? Myspace? WARNING: May not contain "nice" things. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Isaol-the-wolf

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:44 am
The following are the opinions of the user: Isaol-the-wolf

Twitter

It's the most obnoxious site ever. Why would anyone feel the need to tell others what they are doing, CONSTANTLY? Why should I care what other people are doing? Why should I care what way you are sitting on your sofa watching your "fav" show?

Are its users trying to show off by boasting about what they're doing?

" I'm sitting in a beanbag chair eating a hotpocket." Says Jim_goat922

"HA! You're eating that!?!? You're going to get fat! I'm eating sushi at a 5 star restaurant." Says Snooty_Ass_Bitch69

Myspace

It's not your space. If it were your space it wouldn't be invaded by hundreds of people over the net. Your "space" is suppose to be yours. Your feelings, your personality. Making a MySpace page means you are pimping out your emotions to strangers who will criticize you for it if you're not perfect.

I don't need a Social Crutch that can degrade me like MySpace does.  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:02 pm
I agree on MySpace. No use for it myself.

Twitter I sorta like just because I use mine like a LiveJournal. I have LiveJournal but I never update it because it feels like I need to have something to say when I do because a few people actually read it I think. LiveJournal, to me, seems to require more of a comitment. Twitter I can just dump random stuff into every few days and it doesn't matter because nobody ready my Twitter page.

I'm probably just using the sites wrong though since I don't have friends and stuff to network with. xp  

Elderoth

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:21 pm
Man, I don't even really make use of the journals I have. I could never imagine constantly updating and broadcasting what is going on in my life, or posting my opinion on every little subject that exists.

A friend of mine once told me he makes use of live journal so all of his friends and see what is going on all at once rather than having repeat himself to everyone that might ask. Personally, I would rather someone did ask and give me a chance to reply, that would at least tell me they care enough to bother. Going to a website to see my "updates" is meaningless to me and the whole public reply system just takes away from actually having a one on one with someone.

Sites like these are slowly destroying the simply act of communicating and having a conversation.

This is reminding me how much I wish I could turn off seeing people's journals on FA, like I can on DA. I care about as much to listen to everyone's life problems as I do whining about my own.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:34 pm
I always find it funny how users of those websites get upset when employers or parents log on to read things there. It's a public website, not a private access one. If you post things there you're posting it for everyone to see. Yet, this doesn't stop people from stupidly posting things on there that would hurt their chances of employment (excessive drinking, slacking off at work), or get them in trouble with their parents.

I thought it was hilarious how there was a news story about how parents are now getting into facebook and myspace and such to keep an eye on their children. Then a bunch of teens started campaigns to "get rid of the old people".

Anyway, those sites are pointless to me. I use my FA journals for announcements (like just recently thanking all who favorite my work because it has become too much to handle) and the occasional jokes. That's about it... I delete most journal updates I get too, unless something sparks my interest.

Edit: Ya'll might find this funny and conveniently related!
http://www.theonion.com/content/video/police_slog_through_40_000?utm_source=videoembed  

Garek Maxwell

Isaol-the-wolf

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:20 pm
Tiloren
I agree on MySpace. No use for it myself.

Twitter I sorta like just because I use mine like a LiveJournal. I have LiveJournal but I never update it because it feels like I need to have something to say when I do because a few people actually read it I think. LiveJournal, to me, seems to require more of a comitment. Twitter I can just dump random stuff into every few days and it doesn't matter because nobody ready my Twitter page.

I'm probably just using the sites wrong though since I don't have friends and stuff to network with. xp

YOU PUT UP THERE THAT YOU WERE EXPLAINING TO ME WHAT AN R-J IS?!?!?!??

Oh look at this thing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IEel3yJ664 It puts all the realistic things about stuff in a hilarious way. Talking about how reality shows killed MTV. How addicted people are to twitter, it's a animation so it's interesting.  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:54 pm
The following are the opinions of Captain Nazzy (may contain some disagreeing):

I find twitter amazingly useful because I can easily check it on my phone. It lets me know how my girlfriend’s day is going (as she is able to post short messages during her fifteen minute and lunch breaks), and how one of my friend with a newborn is doing (her husband adores it because he’s one of those fathers who enjoys knowing how many times his child has smiled in a day.)

Myspace was useful for me while I was in high school. It allowed me to connect with friends, share music and media I was interested in, and share pictures of social gatherings with my friends. I was intelligent as to how much personal information I provided, and never posted content I wouldn’t be okay with my relatives seeing.

I had now started using Facebook, with allows me to communicate with my grandmother, who lives across the country and who I dislike speaking to on the phone. It feels like a cleaner version of Myspace, and is a fun way for me to record events in my life and share pictures with family.

I find that most people who b***h about networking websites either have no one to share them with, or feel that all the “cool, intelligent kids” are bitching about them too, so they jump on the bandwagon. It is easy to dislike networking websites when you ignore their uses and instead focus on those who abuse them (such as Myspacers who post graphic content and get upset when an employer confronts them about it.) It’s sort of like judging a genre of music for what its ignorant fans do.

EDIT: *Giggles* Rim job XD

Parashta

10,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:19 pm
Captain Nazzy
The following are the opinions of Captain Nazzy (may contain some disagreeing):

I find twitter amazingly useful because I can easily check it on my phone. It lets me know how my girlfriend’s day is going (as she is able to post short messages during her fifteen minute and lunch breaks), and how one of my friend with a newborn is doing (her husband adores it because he’s one of those fathers who enjoys knowing how many times his child has smiled in a day.)

Myspace was useful for me while I was in high school. It allowed me to connect with friends, share music and media I was interested in, and share pictures of social gatherings with my friends. I was intelligent as to how much personal information I provided, and never posted content I wouldn’t be okay with my relatives seeing.

I had now started using Facebook, with allows me to communicate with my grandmother, who lives across the country and who I dislike speaking to on the phone. It feels like a cleaner version of Myspace, and is a fun way for me to record events in my life and share pictures with family.

I find that most people who b***h about networking websites either have no one to share them with, or feel that all the “cool, intelligent kids” are bitching about them too, so they jump on the bandwagon. It is easy to dislike networking websites when you ignore their uses and instead focus on those who abuse them (such as Myspacers who post graphic content and get upset when an employer confronts them about it.) It’s sort of like judging a genre of music for what its ignorant fans do.

EDIT: *Giggles* Rim job XD

Nerds tend to dislike anything that takes something that was once underground and "their thing." You know, the kinds of things that we use to get taunted about being into, but now everyone is doing it? So yeah, there is some bitterness.

Also, I do find it funny how much people rely on those sites to keep in touch with people they know rather than just sending emails, text or talking on the phone. I can understand Twitters use if you really needed to send important information to a lot of people at one, but to correspond with just one person? Isn't that what texting and MMS is for? Far as keeping in touch with friends and family, I tend to talk to them directly using either the phone or messengers, rather than using a site like myspace and facebook.

Mostly these sites are just trendy and people think it gets their name out in the world, that is why the majority use them. Not saying this is the case for everyone, but more often then not.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:30 pm
Nope, I'm tooooooooooooooooooooo lazy to keep up with such stuff. I also don't do the whole texting thing. I don't even care for cell phones and only got one when I went away to college so I could stay in touch with my parents (It was cheaper being on their plan than calling long distance from the dorm phones).

Cell phones are useful and an amazing invention, and I do love my peeps, but not enough to want to be connected to them twenty-four-seven. Maybe its because I am an only child, but I like my alone time and peace and quiet. When I'm out doing something thats what I want to be doing, not chatting on a phone. It's like people have become so dependent on others they can't even walk across the street without having someone to talk too.  

Krissim Klaw

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:49 pm
I post random crap on Twitter..However, I don't give updates every hour of my life. ()  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 6:44 pm
*sniffle* Hi...My name is Alex and I have a problem...

I'm addicted to tweeting...and twatting, lol X3  

Alex Jace

Distinct Hunter

5,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Informer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Mintea Drops

Eloquent Elocutionist

8,250 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 6:22 am
User Image
Twitter is stupid, yes, but still it isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

And myspace I use for my internet friends.

These networking sites do serve a purpose. Twitter is an easy way for famous people to keep connected to fans with little quick blurbs of things, instead of having to set up an entire confusing site.

Networking sites = <3 because they keep me connected with friends and family I otherwise would not be able to speak to.

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:02 am
Snooty arrogant people tend to like anything that was once underground. You know, the kinds of things that they use to taunt others for being into, but now they are doing it? So yeah, there is some bitterness.
confused

How can Twitter be easy for sending important messages to people? Tiloren put up there that he was explaining to someone what a RJ was. (Not to pick on you or anything.)

"I post random crap on Twitter"

"I just took a break from doing work and went to the bathroom, OMG it is so hard." SUPER IMPORTANT. rolleyes

Why do famous people need to stay connected to fans!?!?! UGH that reminds me of that stupid "extra" show. The people that chase around famous people and be amazed by it. I stayed up late one night and one of those shows came on. One of the lines from the show was "Well Brad Pitt was at the San Diego airport yesterday, AND HE SEEMED TO BE IN A HURRY! WONDER WHERE HE WAS GOING!?"

@Krissim
Finally!!! woot...I'm sorry though Aparently-

"I find that most people who b***h about networking websites either have no one to share them with, or feel that all the “cool, intelligent kids” are bitching about them too, so they jump on the bandwagon.-
Cpt. Nazzy

Krissim I know you think I'm cool and intellegent but this is my wagon....and you're going to have to get off and go get enslaved by myspace, twitter and facebook. *EPIC EYE ROLL* rofl

Actually with me it's just about the opposite, I don't like those sites because everyone else is into them. I don't want to become part of a enslaved "social culture." Surprisingly, despite my recent move, I've found it easy to socialize offline. Even though I love posting in forums on here, I'm not on a social crutch. This site is an accessory, I don't NEED it.  

Isaol-the-wolf

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:44 pm
Isaol-the-wolf
Why do famous people need to stay connected to fans!?!?! UGH that reminds me of that stupid "extra" show. The people that chase around famous people and be amazed by it. I stayed up late one night and one of those shows came on. One of the lines from the show was "Well Brad Pitt was at the San Diego airport yesterday, AND HE SEEMED TO BE IN A HURRY! WONDER WHERE HE WAS GOING!?"

To the bathroom for some senatorial style loving?! surprised

Famous people keep in touch with fans because it promotes the image that they do care about their fans. They may legitimately care about their fans, but promoting the image whether they do or not is the point of that. It makes them look good in the public eye.

Isaol-the-wolf
I don't want to become part of a enslaved "social culture."

Ironically, you likely already are. If you ever got embarrassed amongst friends, family, or strangers, then you just experienced breaking the social culture of this particular place. Every culture has embarrassment, but what is and isn't embarrassing to one culture differs between the others. The important thing here is that everyone is a part of this and there's no real way to get out of it. If you purposely violate social rules, you haven't broken out of it either because you're just doing the exact opposite. Plus, you could start a trend with some of your behaviors which may then become the new social rule for the local area or beyond. However, it's somewhat of a good thing to have because without this social order there would be chaos all the time and I can safely say that people rarely if ever enjoy chaos all the time. So...since pretty much everyone willingly goes along with it often without realizing this, they are enslaved to some degree. The alternative isn't better, so the most people do is break little rules now and then, thus feeling free...
I got a lot of this from a sociology class, which was a while back so I don't really remember all the correct words exactly, but this is the jist of it.  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:11 am
-.- That's why I don't want to be famous. Followed around by those obnoxious idiots.

"ISAOL! ISAOL!! HOW DOES THAT SANDWICH TASTE? WOULD YOU RECOMMEND IT?"

"MPHF! *gulp* IT"S A PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY SANDWICH NOW GET OUT OF MY WINDOW!!"

"OMFG! ISAOL DOES STUFF WE DO!!! THAT MAKES ME FEEL BETTER!"  

Isaol-the-wolf

Alex Jace

Distinct Hunter

5,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Informer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 7:34 am
lol i just Tweeted "Fluffy is a racist" just to screw with people ^^  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]