About the dog

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Link is JD
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:31 pm
Is there any way to get the dog back. I heard that if you got the DLC it would come back, but I dont know.  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 5:10 pm
1) Choose Love at the end of the game.

2) Download the Knothole DLC and go to the island. Near the graveyard there is this small room and a switch. You simply lead a civilian into the room and pull the switch and then you have your dog back.

Razz-Berry 9
Crew

Link is JD
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:29 pm
Razz-Berry 9

2) Download the Knothole DLC and go to the island. Near the graveyard there is this small room and a switch. You simply lead a civilian into the room and pull the switch and then you have your dog back.

That would be cool if you could have unlimited dogs.  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:14 pm
A dog army!  

Link is JD
Crew

The Fabulous RBK
Crew

Hilarious Hunter

8,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:34 am
Razz-Berry 9

This made me feel like peter molyneux came to my house personally and slapped me in the face...seriously. That was a stupid thing to put in the DLC in my book.  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:29 pm
I agree- part of the reason that the Needs of Many decision was so difficult to make was because your dog would have to die. If the dog can be resurrected, then there is no dilemma, no sacrifice to restore the lives lost in the Spire. It makes it too easy, and somewhat insulting to those who have suffered through the lack of our faithful companion only to have our efforts negated, and even more so to those who chose the Needs of Many and cannot, for whatever reason, indulge the whims of the programmers and download the extra content.  

Lavinia Whateley

Link is JD
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:49 pm
Ellorie Grey
I agree- part of the reason that the Needs of Many decision was so difficult to make was because your dog would have to die. If the dog can be resurrected, then there is no dilemma, no sacrifice to restore the lives lost in the Spire. It makes it too easy, and somewhat insulting to those who have suffered through the lack of our faithful companion only to have our efforts negated, and even more so to those who chose the Needs of Many and cannot, for whatever reason, indulge the whims of the programmers and download the extra content.

I knew they would have to get away to bring back dogs. Without it what would they have done? Made no dig spots in the DLC's?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:15 pm
Link is JD
Ellorie Grey

I knew they would have to get away to bring back dogs. Without it what would they have done? Made no dig spots in the DLC's?

They didn't bring it back for DLC purposes at all. They assumed people would be happier being able to resurrect there pooch without choosing 'Love'. Anyway if people wanted the few dig spots in the DLC so badly they could just play through it again and choose 'Love'.  

Razz-Berry 9
Crew

The Fabulous RBK
Crew

Hilarious Hunter

8,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:58 pm
Razz-Berry 9
Link is JD
Ellorie Grey

They didn't bring it back for DLC purposes at all. They assumed people would be happier being able to resurrect there pooch without choosing 'Love'. Anyway if people wanted the few dig spots in the DLC so badly they could just play through it again and choose 'Love'.

Not only that, it would influence replayability so that people would make sure they had a file for digging. But no, they had to let people cheat their dogs back.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:10 am
Danzig Chubbums
Razz-Berry 9
Link is JD
Ellorie Grey

Not only that, it would influence replayability so that people would make sure they had a file for digging. But no, they had to let people cheat their dogs back.

I like the way it is now, because I dont have time to replay the game just to get my dog back. That and I want everything on one hero. I would rather have one main hero, than a bunch of incomplete ones.  

Link is JD
Crew

The Fabulous RBK
Crew

Hilarious Hunter

8,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:24 pm
Link is JD
Danzig Chubbums
Razz-Berry 9
Link is JD
Ellorie Grey

I like the way it is now, because I dont have time to replay the game just to get my dog back. That and I want everything on one hero. I would rather have one main hero, than a bunch of incomplete ones.

That's why you don't kill your dog >.>  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:02 pm
Danzig Chubbums
Link is JD
Danzig Chubbums
Razz-Berry 9
Link is JD
Ellorie Grey

That's why you don't kill your dog >.>

That is why I did not kill my Dog on my main account, and that is why I am happy about the DLC.  

Link is JD
Crew

A1C Tucker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:12 pm
In Knothole Island, there's a tomb to bring back you dog at the cost of one human life.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:16 am
Suicide Stereotype
In Knothole Island, there's a tomb to bring back you dog at the cost of one human life.

Thanks for telling me, but we came to this conclusion at the secound post.

Even though the question was answered we appriciate your post.  

Link is JD
Crew

Razz-Berry 9
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:34 pm
Link is JD
Suicide Stereotype

Thanks for telling me, but we came to this conclusion at the secound post.

Even though the question was answered we appriciate your post.

Thank you come again.  
Fable 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff