[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:29 pm
'Sup guys.

So, the other day I found myself arguing on the forums of a furry latin american site about how pokemons just can't mate with digimons (Aw, don't ask) when I suddenly came across a picture of Jesus. Furry Jesus. Didn't have that one coming. SO, I spent the rest of the day thinking about furries and religion and what people in the old OLD times would have done to furries that claimed to be animals trapped in a man's body just to realize I had no idea what I was talking about 8D

So, my questions are...

Do you have a religion? Or beliefs?

How does religion (or beliefs) affect your lifestyle?

Do you link your furryness to your religion (or beliefs!)?

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:58 pm
Pantheism seems to be the best term to describe my beliefs.

Personally, I look at all organized religions as cults. Some are just more screwed up than others.

Selene Aries

Alex Jace

Distinct Hunter

5,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Informer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:09 pm
I have no religion, but I am very spiritual and far along the path to enlightenment

It give me far more serenity then catholosism ever did ^^  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:43 pm
I do not participate in organized religion...whether that be a cult, christianity or catholicism. I would, however, tie myself closely with those who practice wiccan or druidry.
I cannot say that I am spiritual--sure there are many things in the world that can be labelled as spiritual.

But as for believing in god or jesus..no. I do not  

Rainey_angel81

Rastiel

5,050 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:27 pm
I just take the conflict perspective approach to religion.

I'm an agnostic/borderline atheist, I have beliefs which are not of a strictly religious nature.

I am a pessimist and a cynical critic, which is reflected in my agnosticism.

Furry is just a deviant subculture. Religion has little to no meaning associated with it.  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 6:20 am
User Image
I was raised irish catholic.

But I gave up on catholicism years ago.

I took up wicca for a few years, decided that was stupid and actually became an eclectic pagan.

Right now I'm a drifter with neo paganistic tendencys.

User Image  

Mintea Drops

Eloquent Elocutionist

8,250 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 10:29 am
@Selene: So, you're more philosofical than religious? I just read an article about it, it said pantheism could be better described as a phylosophical doctrine than a religion. What do you think?

@Mintea: Neo paganism is a polytheist religion. Do you belive in many gods? Or at least belive in one?

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 10:41 am
[-Erik-]
@Selene: So, you're more philosofical than religious? I just read an article about it, it said pantheism could be better described as a phylosophical doctrine than a religion. What do you think?

@Mintea: Neo paganism is a polytheist religion. Do you belive in many gods? Or at least belive in one?

That is fairly accurate. I tend to combine more philosophy and science than myth and legend.

Selene Aries

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:28 pm
[-Erik-]
SO, I spent the rest of the day thinking about furries and religion and what people in the old OLD times would have done to furries that claimed to be animals trapped in a man's body just to realize I had no idea what I was talking about 8D

What happens to them greatly varies depending upon time and location. Among very early religions in say Rome and Greece, you could probably get away with it so long as you weren't part of the Roman and Greek religion. If you were, you may just be in trouble...or seen as crazy. Amongst the religious beliefs up further north from Rome (before they conquered so much of it) it's possible you would be considered a shaman if you could prove you had such a spirit within you. Even today, it's possible that you could be considered a shaman if you have an animal spirit within you, depending upon the religion you're part of. I can't label any specifics, but I would guess that such religions still exist in remote parts of Africa, possibly amongst natives in Austraisa (is it called that?), and perhaps a few spots here and there in the Americas.

[-Erik-]
Do you have a religion? Or beliefs?

I'm Christian, but other Christians have ruined the religion for me, making me question so much that's it's hard to say if I really am or not anymore. I still say I am though, just to make it easier.

[-Erik-]
How does religion (or beliefs) affect your lifestyle?

It doesn't really, aside from potentially contributing to bouts of depression or irritation. I make fun of Christians and Christianity so much, I might as well be an atheist to most people. razz

[-Erik-]
Do you link your furryness to your religion (or beliefs!)?

Nope. It's not ridiculous to do so, since any belief (or lack thereof) could be correct. But I don't do it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
And just because I wanted to reply to it...

Rainey_angel81
I do not participate in organized religion...whether that be a cult, christianity or catholicism.

Yes, someone who's seen the truth! Catholics aren't Christians! They worship the pope just as Mormons worship Mormhammad! gonk  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:53 pm
Oh, my father's side is Catholic and my mother's side is Christian. Believe me, I know the differences between the two and they are monumental. Also incredibly stupid, so please don't ask me to list them >.<  

Rainey_angel81

Mintea Drops

Eloquent Elocutionist

8,250 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:04 pm
[-Erik-]

User Image

Yes I sure do when I am feeling religious.

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 12:09 am
I believe in mantisecism. All praise the claw, and The Mantis Queen!!!

I don't even try to classify myself anymore. I don't subscribe to any one religion and am not into organized religion at all. Organized religion reminds me of little kids and their club houses. You have to follow certain rules and kiss a** to the 'leaders' of the club house to stay in. At the same time everyone knows what really makes a club house isn't the people allowed in but the people you don't allow in. For as much as many religions claim they are trying to convert everyone, they sure do have a crap load of people that somehow don't make the list. neutral  

Krissim Klaw

Isaol-the-wolf

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:18 am
I know what I believe, I do not claim what I believe in is better than what others believe in. I won't criticize anyone or label their beliefs in any negative way.  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:44 pm
Krissim Klaw
I believe in mantisecism. All praise the claw, and The Mantis Queen!!!

I don't even try to classify myself anymore. I don't subscribe to any one religion and am not into organized religion at all. Organized religion reminds me of little kids and their club houses. You have to follow certain rules and kiss a** to the 'leaders' of the club house to stay in. At the same time everyone knows what really makes a club house isn't the people allowed in but the people you don't allow in. For as much as many religions claim they are trying to convert everyone, they sure do have a crap load of people that somehow don't make the list. neutral

And converting oth]er people works ONLY when you find somebody who's been thinking about converting to X religion.

Why do people even bother on converting the rest into their religions? That's just annoying >:l

THAT GOES FOR YOU, JEHOVAS' WITNESSES.

Haha... witnesses.

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:53 pm
Jehovah's Witnesses scare the crap out of me. They once brain-washed someone that was a very good friend of mine.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff