Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Big Bang YG Entertainment Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a kpop guild for BIGBANG lovers and fans. Join if you love BIGBANG! G Dragon, T.O.P, Taeyang, Seungri, Daesung! 

Tags: big bang, BIGBANG, kpop, V.I.P, korean, Yg entertainment, GD, T.O.P, Tae Yang, Dae Sung, Seung Ri 

Reply Random Stuff/ Off Topic
Korean music copying American style music!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should Korean music copy American style music?
  YES!!!
  NO!!!
  Maybe/I don't care... -..-
View Results

Love_TOP S2

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 4:48 pm
Recently, I heard lots of people say that some Korean musics are copying American music styles, such as Super Junior's Sorry Sorry. People are saying it's like Just Dance, and that they sound like Justin Timberlake!!!  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 4:57 pm
Well...there is something called "collaborative producing" where an artist can base their music off another song (or the original) after getting permission from the first. Also, American music is soooo much bigger in Asia (no lie, from the Asian). So, it makes sense in order to make money and to gain a bit more fame. Otherwise, I don't think it's "copying" persay. 3nodding  

Kunoichi Haruhi

6,450 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Jacob 100

Big Bang YG-Entertainment
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:29 am
Not really called "copying". They are ofcourse getting permission. And also, the original singers are quite glad that other singers/bands love their songs, so like Kunoichi Haruhi said, the original singers get more fame out of it. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:12 pm
I like Kpop beacuase to it's better than todays music in America!
So no I don't really think they are copying America maybe sampling a little bit, but a lot of genrres of music sample from different places especially America!  

REPORT_Emma

Cherry_Boee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:01 am
i dont care if korean kopies american music ..
but if american copies korean music.. i will be damn pissed  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:49 pm
Cherry_Boee
i dont care if korean kopies american music ..
but if american copies korean music.. i will be damn pissed

Lol. biggrin  

Soul_Reapers
Vice Captain

EIetric

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:31 am
Who cares?
Music is music.
Of course I care a little if the whole Korean music industry changes its entire style and it looses its special flair.
I listen to Korean music because it doesn't have all of the vulgar stuff that most American music has.
But if I start hearing the lyrics get nasty I'll be devastated.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:21 pm
Love_TOP S2
Recently, I heard lots of people say that some Korean musics are copying American music styles, such as Super Junior's Sorry Sorry. People are saying it's like Just Dance, and that they sound like Justin Timberlake!!!

all american female singer/actress lips look the same anyway  

Park-Jaejoon

5,850 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

donisaghost

6,950 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:43 pm
If K-Pop was copying American music then they'd sound dull just like American music but thankfully no they don't. They are original. The accusers of copying are obviously deaf. emotion_eyebrow

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:47 pm
Love_TOP S2

I don't hear the "similarity" at all.
In my experience, people always compare K-Pop to American music to try and cater for non K-Pop fans. I've heard Bigbang compared to One Direction, and 2NE1 compared to The Spice Girls. After all - "That's What Makes You Beautiful" is sooooo similar to "Fantastic Baby"; "Wannabe" is soooo similar to "I Am The Best" [/sarcasm].
It's clearly ridiculous.
I hate it when people do this - I think K-Pop stars deserve their own recognition rather than being constantly compared to singers in America/the UK.

I'm drifting off-topic slightly. lol
It would be silly to say that all modern American music is rubbish. But most of the MAINSTREAM modern American music (which I've heard) is simply terrible and very samey sounding.
In my opinion, K-Pop has much more variety within it and has better dances and music videos. And - generally - better lyrics. I don't mind K-Pop artists being inspired by American artists, or trying stuff out, but I hope that their music doesn't become too Americanized.
[And I hope that the American/British music industry improves rapidly - and soon]

-bitter vertigo

FireBlossom134

8,100 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:39 am
No way! I definitely think that K-Pop should stay K-Pop and it never sounded like American music in the first place! Before I found K-Pop, I was constantly searching for an american artist to listen to, that suited my tastes. When I first heard SE7EN (I owe it all to him for my discovery of K-Pop) I FELL IN LOVE WITH HIS MUSIC!!! If K-Pop copied American music style, I wouldn't have liked Se7en's songs at that instant.
K-Pop is very different from American music...and way better
In addition, I live in America so I know what American music sounds like.  
Random Stuff/ Off Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games