Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Role Playing IC and OOC
Ghosts Are Among You Roleplay Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LanceCalvis
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:46 pm
Going back to before histories records can record. Strange happenings have been going on in the world. That science has been unable to explain. Some of you believe in ghosts. While the others deny there existence entirely. It says that ghosts can not interfere with the living on the physical plain. But what if this is just a half truth. What if, every day people are hearing ghost and just don't know it. What if your thoughts are being manipulated by these spirits. If you really know yourself as well as you should. Then you should be able to distinguish between what is your own thoughts and what is the voice of a ghost. Some ghosts are those of your loved ones. These ghosts do not wish you any harm. But then there are those evil ghosts. We have all heard of them. They mean you harm by turning you against those around you.

Here is how this role-play will work. You will play one of four roles in a family of four. Living out there daily lives. You can play the role of a loved one. An evil ghost or poltergeist. Or that of an indifferent ghost that chooses not to cause any of the humans pain. If you are playing as a positive ghost or an indifferent one. You can interfere with the evil wishes of a poltergeist. If you are playing as one of the four humans. Then you can either choose to be oblivious to the happenings of the ghosts. Or you can be aware. If you choose to be oblivious, say so in your character sheet. This will mean that you are pretty much a puppet to be controlled by the poltergeists or evil ghosts. If you are aware of these creatures. You will not be able to see them. But you will be able to sense when one is near. Though you will not know if this ghost is just checking up on you or it means you harm. If you are aware, you can also have your character. Fight back to an extent against these dark spirits. No character can use alchemy or any spirit repelling spells. You will have to call a preacher. To aid in your exorcism of these demons. But remember, once you attempt to exercise one of these creatures. If you fail, they will become much stronger.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:14 pm
Narrator: In the small town of Morrison, Illinois. In a small town where mostly nothing dangerous happened. There lived an ordinary family. Sure, there was the occasional print in the paper. About someones house getting broken into. But this family had never endured this rare hardship. The town was made up of only five-thousand some people. Most of the youth had plans to move away from the town once they were able. The town had a pretty good variety of stores, despite its small size. The concept of ghosts was one most don't bother to think about. Yet, all around the world. There are a number of sightings.  

LanceCalvis
Crew

Aprilbaby1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:45 pm
Her moans filled the quiet air as she walks, her black torn dress sliding along the ground, feet floating two inches off the ground but you cant see it since her dress is covering her feet. She moans again, the wind carring it away into the distance. Her ghastly fingers and nails coated with a dark substance, her blue lips open in a silent scream.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:09 pm
His thoughts float in the wind, making him wonder, is that all that's left of himself? He has no real form. After he started changing how he looks to those able to see him, his thoughts, memories and even his humanity have all seemed to drift with the wind, making him lose a little more each time there's a breeze. He floats across the world, waiting for something to cross his path, an opportunity for, well, he can't remember now. Doesn't know if there ever was a reason. Revenge? Pure hate? Just fed up with life? Did something just snap? Who knows. He can't remember now. He doesn't know his name, age, where he lived or what he did. He has been lost to history.

Suddenly, he flies past something while in the wind and a moan joins him with the wind. He stops and looks. He sees a girl, a ghost, just seeming to drift along. He latches onto her. He sees she is sad, but does not know anything about her yet. He tries to think of something quickly...

In front of the ghost of the young woman appears what seems to be the ghost of an older man with a suit and gray mustache. He is slightly overweight and about 6'2". He comes up to her and asks in a worried but calm voice, "My dear, are you alright? Oh, poor girl. Something terrible must have happened to you when you died. Can you speak?"  

Walt-J-Rimmer

Wheezing Lunatic

Aprilbaby1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:37 pm
"Have... you ever... relived your death... over and over.... again?" Her voice rasped, it had a breathy sound to it as if she's breathing out while speaking, it also sounded scratchy. Her voice came in slow words, as if she has to think about what to say before she speaks. "Have....you ever...trusted someone....who cant....be trusted?" She looks at the man before her, pebbles and broken bits of glass begin to shake as she narrows her eyes and anger flashed across her face, her gray eyes began to have red streaks flash across them. Her mouth opens again and she lets out a terrifying wail full of hatrid and sorrow before she closes it and her eyes return to normal and the things around them stopped shaking.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:13 am
He closes his eyes while she screams and doesn't open them for a moment after she stops. When he does, a smile flashes over his face. "Yes... As movie like it may sound," a drink appears in his hand. "I was killed by a business partner. Poisoned my drink." He looks at it and shakes his head. The glass disappears. "But, I learned how to stop reliving it." The truth was, though, he had never heard of a ghost freed of it's torment when it was stuck in it's cycle of reliving it's death. Not to say it never happened, but he had never heard of it. The smile he had for a second returned as he looked back up to her. "I could tell you how. But, I do not know if you would want to do it. It's not the nicest thing someone, even dead, could do." He was very careful with how he moved this form's face while speaking. Making him seem very learned of post-death, but not cold of harsh topics.  

Walt-J-Rimmer

Wheezing Lunatic

LanceCalvis
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:41 pm
In an ordinary house on one of the blocks in the town of Morrison. There lived an ordinary family. Well, ordinary per-say. It's actually an odd statement to call any one family or person ordinary. To do so is done with the exception. That there are major similarities between all people. Granted, this is not far from the truth in most cases. Simple minded people. They are more likely to use statements like. I'm as deep as the ocean. Than someone who is truely unique and interesting. There is no convincing these people that they are not special. Nearly every person in the town do share one thing in common. Perhaps this is a safety measure. It is best that the group know nothing of what goes on in the shadows. Ghosts are all around them everyday. Unknowing to there presence. These ghosts seem to carry out only a narrow amount of actions. There are those that choose to not mess with the living. Some don't even have the option to do so. It takes a rare yet strong emotional connection. Something having happened to the ghost prior to there deaths. Though, this isn't exactly a good thing. For these ghosts live tortured lives. Ghosts tend to hang around people. Who they identify with on some level. Some are family members that they have very little in common with. Others are complete strangers. Who are almost carbon copies of themselves. There are spirits that on a regular basis. Mess with the living. Whispering words in there ear. The people who are targets. Know nothing of what is happening. It sounds as if it is there own voice in there head. Who would be able to distinguish such a thing? Most people don't understand themselves. So how could they possibly know that who is speaking to them isn't them. There are some that can see ghosts. Though, there interaction is always very limited without training. Such training is rare. Many denounce such things as satanic. Speaking with the spirits that dwell in the shadows. I suppose shadows isn't the proper phrase though. The laws of ghosts is different than that of humans. Space and mass means nothing to a ghost. So they can travel where ever they please. This also means that anything that would harm a human. Would just go right through a ghost. But such actions aren't without consequences. It takes nothing out of a spirit to move through a wall. Though, movement from place to place. Requires energy just as it does for the living. Just as the living can learn mild skills. So does a ghost have a completely different set of skills for them to learn. Though, there are many things a ghost can not do. Because of there restrictions. Some skills that were never possible for a human to learn. Become available for them to learn. Though, most just occupy there time. With an action similar to what they did when they were alive. Energy can be replenished in time. Heat is one type of common energy that is used by ghosts. Some type of energy like this. Is needed to perform certain actions. Such as diving into a persons dreams. Or in rare cases, possession. The amount of ghosts that can possess people. Is grossly exaggerated however. It takes years of training. Before a ghost can even start to see results in such things. It's a tricky venture indeed.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:23 am
She watches the drink appear then disappear, "Im...sorry to....hear...that." she said, "You.....know how?" she asked with a tilt of her head, blue finger marks flashed and unflashed along her neck "I....would love....that.." her head shakes slowly "I dont....care if....its not....nice..." her blue lips curled into a smile.  

Aprilbaby1

Walt-J-Rimmer

Wheezing Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:58 am
He gets close to her. "Well, what you must do is go to people, best people that you knew in life, but it's not necessary, and you go up to them and you," he floats behind her and whispers in her ear. "...give them a little idea. You tell them, that they want to do something. They want to kill someone, the same way that you died. I got my partner's brother to kill his daughter. The pain he suffered, allowed me the power to change my fate for the rest of eternity." He backed away from here with her back to him. He quietly took a deep sigh, knowing he wasn't assured she would do it, but pretty cocky as to it having worked. He didn't stop to think that she may have some kind of history, that she may grow angry with the added murder of the girl he put in his story.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:11 am
Her head tilts to the side as she ponders this thought, "Ive...killed...before.." she lifts up her ghastly hand, the fingers coated with the dark substance, "Never....tried...having them...kill...each other.." she lowers her hand before turning to look at him with a cruel smile "Thats...a great....idea.." her smile fades to one of sadness before growing angry "Make them....pay for...what they've...done to...me." she narrows her eyes, a flash of red flickered across them "She took...everything from....me." she whispered.  

Aprilbaby1

Walt-J-Rimmer

Wheezing Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:28 am
"Good. Good. Now, one last question. What is your name?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:31 am
"My...name?" she whispered with a confused look, her eyes start to return to normal "Name...." she furrows her eyebrows, thinking very hard on the question "R.......Rose..mary..." her face relaxes and she smiles a little "My..name is....Rosemary.."  

Aprilbaby1

Walt-J-Rimmer

Wheezing Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:50 am
"Well, dear Rosemary, I hope you success in your quest. May you remember, old Richard." He faded away from her into a cloud. He started to float away, but as soon as he was out of sight he took form as a motherly looking woman, thinking this would be something she wouldn't see as suspicious. He takes pleasure, maybe power, from the pain of humans like it was his mission in the after-life, but he must see, not only how she will cause pain to the living, but how she will react if/when this does not work to free her.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:16 am
"Ri-chard..." she watches him fade away before she turns and continues to float before fading into her surroundings. She reappears before a small southern house that had a wrap around porch and a white door. She slides through it and looks around, knowing already that she was here. Rosemary floated from room to room before coming up to a woman with white blonde hair and was tall, the women who made her pain and suffering begin. Although she was a bit older she was still the same person. She floated behind the women on the phone and whispered to her ear "Call her." Meaning the woman's daughter. The women turned as if she heard something before hanging up the phone and calling her sixteen year old daughter.

"yeah mom?" she asked, popping her gum in her mouth
"Come here." Rosemary whispered and the women repeated the same words.

Rosemary floats in front of the daughter and with all her might she made the daughter look like herself which caused the women to cry out.
"I killed you! How can you be alive!" the women reached out and grabbed the daughters neck, squeezing hard as she remembers the day she killed her best friend "You should be Dead!" she keeps on squeezing even when the daughter beats on her before going limp.

Rosemary moves away from the two and watches as the mother's eyes widened as she sees her daughters body limp and her arms around her neck "Oh God." the mother drops the girl and cries in grief and in shame at her own stupidity.

"Now you feel my pain." Rosemary began to grow angry and things all around them began to shake "You KilleD ME!!!" she screamed and the lights began to flicker "YOU TOOK EVERYTHING FROM ME!!!"  

Aprilbaby1

Walt-J-Rimmer

Wheezing Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:36 am
He finds them and watches what happens. The pain of the mother, the woman that has caused pain like that to others, her suffering almost seems justified to him, and he starts changing from form to form, out of control for some reason, sucking up energy from around. The temperature drops, lights flicker, but all this was also happening because of what Rosemary was doing. With their combined need for energy, a complete blackout is caused in the town and a chill runs across the summer air. He stops himself, running low on excess energy, and continues to watch as Rosemary takes her revenge.  
Role Playing IC and OOC

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff