Honkers Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Paradoxismminant
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:33 pm
We heart all of our members and friends!

wahmbulance In this thread, please post a bio--tell everyone about yourself^^!

(This isn't mandatory...it's for friendship finding^^)

Please post only once^^.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:53 pm
Here on Gaia, I'm known as Paradoxismminant. But call me Paradox or Para or Minty or even...P.Minty, if you want to... I know my username is a bit of a mouthful.

I'm the older sibling, if you will, of No Gambling in Paradix and Semidis--. We're all about the same age...I'm just the more somber ("darker", according to No Gambling in Paradix, and "More 'special'" according to Semidis--) one...though I do like humor at odd moments^^(<-- like right there^^).

I enjoy the fine pastimes of creating/reading manga and stories...so if you're interested in manga, anime (or a lot of other things...)...I'd love to chat heart heart .

When I say manga and anime, I'm talking all kinds (except sports mangas. Haven't read one that I can read for more than maybe three chapters yet)--from shojo to shonen to...let's just say, the more...explicit ones that appeal to a limited audience (we're talking yaoi, yuri, things like "Basilisk", "Goth", "Switch"...if you know what I'm talking about, I'm talking to you biggrin )

The slowly forming art collaboration blog I have with No Gambling in Paradix--- http://www.paraCOLLABpara.blogspot.com

My DeviantArt--http://www.Pardoxismminant.deviantart.com

By the way...I made the banner, so feel free to stick it everywhere^^. Just please don't claim that you made it...because you didn't. And basically the only thing I don't like (besides sports mangas XDD) is liars and thieves.  

Paradoxismminant
Captain

No Gambling in Paradix
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:37 pm
Hi people^^!

It's No Gambling in Paradix...or NoDix (Yes...it's one of those weird ones. Just say "No dice", as in, "No Gambling in Paradise") or whatever. I love nicknames biggrin .

I wanted to be Paradix, because that's my name when I do art...but apparently it was already taken. You have NO idea how long it took for me to get a username crying ...but the one I have now is okay. I get a huge kick when I'm playing zOMG! and the NPC says, "I see that you've finished, No Gambling in Paradix..."

I'm your (hopefully) beloved Cap(ybara) (<-- read: captain. But better XD.) here at Honk If You Love Reading^^.

I'm the happy side of paraCOLLABpara, which is a thing where Paradoxismminant (say Paradox is imminent/eminent ^^) and I collaborate to create art. I think our collective blog/art site is pimped in Paradoxismminant's biography.

Um...I like shonen/shojo manga with plenty of comedy/ laugh-and-"awww"-as-they-get-sort-of-clumsy-or-uncomfortable-or-sappy moments, like this one (whose name I would really like to remember...) where the guy is always superl manly, but he secretly likes "girly things"--cooking, horoscopes, cute cellphone charms... xd . --That's why in paraCOLLABpara, I take care of the more whimsical stuff^^.

Since I like quick sum-ups...

~Paradoxismminant:dark...sort of "emo" or "goth" I guess. Depressed a lot...morbidly funny..sometimes at bad moments.

~Semidis--:really quiet and subdued. A little "bah-humbug" and very introverted. But likes writing--a HUGE stickler about spelling...and grammar, to a lesser extent. It's the Spelling Bee thing...

~Me--the "perky" one^^. I'm the most optimistic out of them, I think. But they never laugh at my jokes><...

By the way, Paradoxismminant and Semidis-- are the ViCs (Vice Captains^^) to my Cap(ybara) ^^. I love them...because they help me with everything, even if they grumble about it all the time^^ heart heart .  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:16 pm
Um...hi.

I'm Semidis--...The name comes from a word (I think) I invented: "semidiscombobulation", which means "slight confusion". It's a joke that Paradix made up...which is why it isn't very funny, nor does it make a large amount of sense. The joke is that someone was saying the word, and then they got semidiscombobulated. Ha, ha. (sigh).

I'm the responsible one, I guess. Paradix is sort of on the fly and hyper--she's very "I have this idea!Let's do it!"...Paradoxismminant...I'm not even going to go into. Let's just say Minty is a very "special" person.

I like spelling. And word games. Thus, I write (a lot).

Paradox takes care of the rule enforcement, when necessary...I take care of writing the final things...and basically making sure that everyone makes sense.

Just so you know: I'm the mean one. Even though Paradoxismminant is the one that will probably send you the warning messages and tell you that you're banned, I will be the one watching. And I HATE excessive spamming. Even more than excessive spamming, I hate page stretching. CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED.  

Semidis--
Vice Captain

Sir_Fierce

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:09 am
Hey there! My name is, obviously, Sir_Fierce! But you can call my by my real name, which is Jasper. (don't make fun of me for having the same name as the travesty of a character from twilight [not capitalized for a reason]) I love reading anything fiction-related, which includes manga. 3nodding

If you don't like that stuff (manga and anime I mean) that's fine! I can still have a perfectly decent conversation without referencing it. If you would like to know my favourites, comment me and ask! (commenting gets us gold, that's why I said it whee hahaha)

If you couldn't figure out (so there's no akward questions), yes; I am gay. How gay, you may ask. Very. BUT! If that tweaks you, that's fine. I can tone the gay down if it isn't cool with you. I'm simply horrendously social! Good, bad, that's your decision. If you want to talk yaoi, I'm here for you twisted (Me and my perverted brain...*heavy sigh*)

I'd love to talk, so hit me up sometime! (message me, I mean) Love and hugs for all!!!! 4laugh heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:38 pm
hey, it's me CravesTheMoon. I prefer Haley. It's my real name, but people call me "Craves" or "Moon". I still prefer Haley. I hate it when people mistreat books by bending them, trowing them or spilling something on them. I lend out my books ONLY to people who are like me. I am also a writer. You may read some of my work in the arenas. (use my username)
I am a gold hungry girl so I hate doing it, but I do accpet donations. So to know me more, pm me or comment me. Peace!

oh! I almost forgot! I am a peace loving girl too. Peace out!  

CravesTheMoon

JuniperSky

2,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:18 pm
Well, this seems simple enough.

I am JuniperSky, shorten it however you want. I love to read almost anything. Sadly (and I know this will set me appart) I tend to stay away from Manga because much of it has questionable content. Children's literature is my favoriate though I have many favorite authors in the Adult Literature. More fiction then non-fiction.

I am going to University to get a degree in Elementary Education, with a preference of 6-8 years old (1-2 grades).

I'll love you forever if you know/like the following books/series/authors.

- Orson Scott Card
- Tamora Pierce
- Mercedes Lackey
- Tomie dePaola
- Anne McCaffery
- Animorphs
- Robin McKinley
- The Chronicles of Narnia (In particular - The Horse and His Boy)
- Screwtape Letters
- Hamlet

Chatspeak annoys me, though I usually manage to reign it in. I love Role Play, I am active on two MOOs at this point:
www.ansiblemoo.org
and
www.harpers-tale.com

I also submit writings to the arena, so if you're bored go check me out!

Loves!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:16 pm
Hey I'm Evil Lolita Angel
I obviously love books and i hope to start writing some one day. I write almost anything, I tend to have dark themes or characters who have dark pasts. Some people think I'm a goth because of an 'all black' look I had once, but I'm just a little bit of everything.
I'm very open minded (even though I was raised not to be), I'm a 24/7 comedian to my friends and family, a total music nut and really friendly.
As for tastes; anything interesting, funny, romantic, cultural (like Memoirs Of A Geisha) and supernatural (regretfully like Twilight).

BTW I don't mind nicknames. I give all friends one.  

Evil Lolita Angel

Asian_Apple_Cakes

5,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:49 am
i'm Asian_Apple_Cakes and you can shorten it any way you like. I read a LOT , mainly fiction and manga. i will read just about any topic under fiction and manga. if you have any suggestions for me PM me them cause i'm always looking for new things to read.

pet peeves talk2hand bent book covers, folding book page to keep track of progress well you get the point

>JuniperSky- love Tamora Pierce too.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:33 pm
I'm Ncrypt1d Threadkiller.

I got the username from the word "encrypted" (I just thought it was awesome)..."Threadkiller" is because somehow, I often kill threads/conversations/etc. Yeah. Awkward...

I likes to talk to people...and I'm new here, so...yeah.  

Ncrypt1d Threadkiller

Lord Barric Darragh

Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:53 am
Hello there, though my name may not suggest a hint of it, you can call me Leonard (unless you prefer Moo or some variation of my username). =D

Obviously, I love to read (though I've had nothing to read for a while now... >_> Still looking for that one book that interests me), though I also love to talk! Well, mostly random talk, but, I am fairly durable in heated debates, too.

I've got well enough grammar, though you may still find yourself confused at what I say or taking the wrong impression (I have a horrible time making out what I try to say). My vocabulary does extend beyond the average person (not saying a whole lot, but whatever), even in spite of my bland, to-the-point type of saying things (essentially meaning I've got the knowledge to use 'big words' though I don't use it =3 ).

I'm a fun-lover, so don't mind me if I go off in my own little rants to make things funny. Though, I can truly be serious (I always am in the real world), when I need to be.

I like Westerns and fantasies, though I enjoy the occasional mystery or what have you. Mostly fictional, though I absolutely adore non-fictional referencing. =D

I know this is going to sound like a cliche of sorts, but I've to say it: My favourite author is Stephen King. Yeah yeah, I know what you're thinking. "This guy likes Stephen King. He clearly doesn't know how good ______ _. ________ is!" Though there may be better, proven authors outside of opinion, I will always say King has been my favourite. His works are always so dark and suspenseful, always keeping my eager to turn to the next page too soon, yet at the same time, he can pull off lighter themes at different intervals in his stories. Twists at every turn, fully dynamic characters, completely fantastic settings that could only come from a genius' mind, and let's not forget the great stories he can implement!

My favourite of his works has to be the Dark Tower Series (a seven-book collection). I've not yet finished the entire series (still searching for 6 and 7). Which is kind of strange, though. After reading the third book, I had not been able to find the fourth and fifth anywhere, yet the sixth and seventh were always on the shelves. I ended up buying them over the internet (horrible choice, by the way, seeing as how much people can lie about a used book's condition...), and yet now those two are cropping up everywhere and now the sixth and seventh ones are missing... Gah, they had better be in that store when I take a ride up north... >_>

I even sort of write/type my own little stories, only one so far do I ever plan on publishing at the moment (it's a novel, not a little story, so it should turn out well enough =d )

Also, in spite of the often-seen avid reader, I am a gamer, too, and enjoy many different games (I only have a few Indie games, the rest are all action XP), and even know how to make custom content for a few game engines: the Quake 3 and (barely) the Source engines. So, don't mind me if I make some references to games. If you know it, great, if you don't, just ignore it. XP

So anyway, yeah, that's all about me... It's longer than I thought it would turn out to be, though... Oh well, get used to that, because I do make very long posts, very, very often. =D

Oh, and I forgot: "Hi." XP  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:42 pm
Hi everyone,

I'm AmiDream, but you can call me Dream if you like biggrin Anyways I wanted to join the guild because I looooooove reading, especially Stephen King novels. heart I also enjoy writing poetry and short stories. My goal in life is to become and an author to write my own novels. Or an editor to help others publish books and achieve their dreams. smile  

AmiDream

9,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conversationalist 100

katkat74

6,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:16 pm
Hi ^^ Im kat, but please call me by my real name, Julia. It's very easy to get along with me, bc im a fun loving person and i cannot dislike/hate someone, its just totally impossible for me sweatdrop altho thats a good thing right o-o? Im just about everything obsessed with Japan, i love just about every single itty bitty thing about it, and someday in the distant future i plan to become a buisness owener of a Japanese Schmorgessborg(probably spelt that way wrong..) but itll be like a clothing/cafe/food/kimonos/chopsticks/fan filled store and I wanted to run the buisness with a couple of my closest friends :3. I hopefully accomplish my dream.

~I absolutely adore reading and because of it, i think my IQ score got a lot higher XD. My favorite series(that is in novel form) is vampire kisses. And please do not mix me in with the twilight lovers, i admit ive got two books to the series and i regret it terribly. My favorite manga has got to be the gentlemens alliance cross smile man i love haine and togu kun! whee Uhh yeah thats about almost everything about me thats not personal...idk if we were supposed to get personal lol but since no one seems to be doing that i wont be either o.o' If you seem to like what im talkin about reply or message back please ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:28 pm
Hi, people!
You can call me Aerin, Estrella, or Aerin Estrella. Either way, I don't really care. smile
Ummm I love reading! This is why I am here. smile
I don't like BBCode. Thus, I don't use it.
I am Christian.
I take high offence to cussing.
I am incapable of hate.
I have a boyfriend.
Ummm.
I am a rebel, but am conservative.
I am in high school.
I have a one-track mind.
I love mythology.
I am very lady-like and well-mannered, as you shall see.
I'm original.
I'm an Artist. I do just about everything under The Arts well.
I care. A lot. Maybe too much.
But it's great, cause I'm hoping to become a psychiatrist when I get older.
I'm a very good writer, from earwitness reports. smile
I wrote a paper the other day that reportedly moved my teacher to tears, it was so powerful. My teacher told me that. So high five for me, woot! smile
And this is about the best Facts About Me I can come up with off the top of my head in the dead of night. smile

My favorite series is The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare.
I used to like Twilight before the fangirls got ahold of it. Now it's just starting to make me sick.
I also like the Mediator Series by Meg Cabot, the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan, the Dragons in Our Midst series by Bryan Davis, and the trilogy by Libba Bray. You'd know what I'm talking about if you know it.

My favorite books...gosh that's hard. There's a lot. "The Juliet Club" by Suzanne Harper, "Ender's Game," "The Sweet Far Thing" by Libba Bray (conclusion to the Libba Bray series previously mentioned), "Scribbler of Dreams" by Mary Pearson, "Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys" by Kate Brian, "The Ordinary Princess" by M. Kaye or Kay, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" by J.K. Rowling, and so many more. I'm probably gonna come back later and edit this.

I do watch movies now. My top three are probably Gone With the Wind, First Wives' Club, and She's the Man, in no particular order. In fact, none of these lists are in any particular order.
Except The Mortal Instruments series. That's DEFINETELY my favorite series of books.

What else am I supposed to say?
I'm very serious, but I'm really very fun when you get to know me.
Umm...running out of stuff to say...Oh!

I'm into a lot of historical fiction, like the Cheney Duvall, M.D. series by Gerald Morris, but I'm also into modern stuff, like "Scribbler of Dreams," and yet I'm also into stuff like "Graceling" by someone I can't remember, which is absolutely chock-full of magic. The best thing about The Mortal Instruments series (by Cassandra Clare) is that it combines these three interests all in one. Absolutely marvelous!

So yeah. That is all. For now. biggrin heart  

Aerin Estrella

Feisty Snowflake

XDGal

5,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:24 pm
Hi, my name is XDGal... I am a total bookworm and I read like 5 books at a time... No JK!!! I luv reading, drawing, Playing PC.... And eating( NO I AM NOT A FATTO) I also enjoy sleeping.... LOL
I am usually a joyful person unless faced by idiots or teachers or really really annoying pplz... I laugh alot and enjoy making friends and talking... Oops sry I frgt 2 say that I also happen to be a chatterbox and I hope to enjoy this intresting guild!!!
PLUS!!! I luv the Percy Jackson series!!! OMG!!! The Crique Du Freak series and the Meg Cabot Prinncess Diaries series!!! I also enjoy the Inkheart series written by Cornelia Funke!!!! I have read and like the Inheritance series by Christopher Paolini(ERAGON!!!!)
I like movies like The Devil wears Prada, The Bourne movie series... Ans The TOTALLY SWEET FOX AND THE HOUND DISNEY MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!
Sry... 2 many HJellybeans lol...

XDGAL  
Honk if you love reading!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas