Invisible Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:39 pm
User Image

So I drew this today...
It was drawn and colored using Windows Paint (I had a Tablet of course).
I'm used to doing normal commissions, but I have never had to draw my own Fursona and it was so hard.
She used to be blonde, but that lookd really tacky, so I changed her hair to a saphire color. I hope it made it better...ah well. So this is Mia, my busty wolf babe.

Editing was done with photobucket...
So how does it look? I am still in desperate need of Fursona-Art, so please PM me if you have an offer. heart

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:41 pm
Well, it looks okay for a first attempt at furries.

Some things to work on:
The arms look a little rubbery and there's no joints. Remember that arms are two long, stiff bars with hands attached to the ends.

The boobs look a little high... boobs should be a little lower than that. In an case, the boobs are attached to the FRONT of the chest. So rather than the top of the boobs being the bottom of the arms, as drawn, the arms would be coming from behind the boobs. As it is now, with the arms above the boobs like that, it makes the arms look thin and spaghetti like.

Taking a good hard look at anatomy through nude pictures would help, look at the details of the angles and lines of the body and how pieces of the body, like legs and arms, attach to each other.  

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Pom Graines

Familiar Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:06 pm
I think is is pretty good for beginner furry drawings. I do think the sapphire colour hair is better than a blond colour as it meshes a bit better, but I don't think blond would be too bad in the end either.

As for the anatomy comments KillerLee brings up good points with the arms and joints and such, though I disagree a little with his take on the breasts. While I agree that natural breasts wouldn't sit exactly like that it looks to me as though the arms would be pushing/lifting the breasts that could cause them to have a more similar shape to what you tried to depict here. Again I don't find it all that bad and practice and looking at anatomy books and pictures could help your progress a lot.

But not just for the body but the face and ears as well. Try looking at pictures of animals and how their muzzles and ears look from different angles, there are a number of people over on FA and even DA who give free stock photos which you can use for anatomy research and I would suggest taking advantage of them.

Though the muzzle shape and placing are quite well done as they are I'm just suggesting that you build on that with the anatomy practice. The ears are likewise pretty good, though they seem somewhat flat (this could possibly be helped by learning and using shading techniques instead of relying on a flat colour).

Overall I'd say it's really good and you have potential, just keep practicing and you'll be astoudning one day smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:22 pm
I can't draw for beans. I quite like it. It's very cute ^^  

DogboyShugo1

High-functioning Member

Art / Writing show and exchange!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out