The diary of a raider Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Roane Farhall

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:42 pm
We all kill them on a daily basis, but they are people too! I present to you, the diary of a Raider, found on the ground outside of Rivet City.

Feel free to leave your comments. This was just a short thing that I wrote up, so it's over now. And if you can manage to still go about killing raiders without thinking about it, even with the knowledge that they are people too, then you have no soul.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:45 pm
Monday, John says it's March, who knows what year it is any more.

This is finally it. I have left that crap-hole that they call a city behind me. I joined a group of raiders called the gray lions. What's a lion? Freg if I know, but it sounds like it has authority. I have heard stories about this group. Word has it that they took down a Brotherhood of Steel patrol the other day. I thought that it was just a joke, but Jim showed me the holotags to prove it. To think, I used to want to join those losers! Forget them, I am with the best crew around!
---
Thursday, same month as last time, probably the same year.

The initiation was rough, man! They made us take off all of our clothes and run through a building full of mole rats! Two of the kids didn't make it, but me and Ralph did alright. I even hit one of the ugly things in the head with a brick! It didn't get up any more after that!
---
Friday, who cares what month it is, same goes for the year.

After yesterday's initiation, we were al taken on our first official mission. They said it would be simple, and boy were they right! A group of three or four mutants had a bunch of supplies stored up, and we were supposed to take those. Ralph's older brother got his arm blown to hell, but who cares? We got our food, and they even had some Nuka-cola stashed in back here! Jim says that we're going to have a party tonight, too!

Ralph keeps asking me where I learned to write. I didn't think that was anything special, but apparently not many people know how any more. It's kind of sad when you think about all the cool stories that nobody will ever be able to write. I told him that I learned back in Megaton, but I think he knows better than that. Jim seems to know, too. I don't know what they're going to ask me to do if they find out that I came from Evergreen Mills.
---

Tuesday, Apparently it's still March, and the year is some time after 2270.

I got my first gun today! Jim tells me that he ripped it right out of a dead commie's hands! It's a small pistol, but I went out and shot a few dogs with it! Ralph got a bigger gun, but it doesn't make as much noise as mine does! This is so awesome! They also gave me a knife, but why will I even need something like that when I have a gun!
---

Friday

Jim told me he knows. He told me that he's known for a while. He told me that he will keep my secret though. told me that if Jack found out that I was from Evergreen mills, he would want to know how to get in. I have to keep it secret. I may hate the place, but my family is still there!
---

Wednesday, who the hell cares what month or year it is any more.

I killed someone today. The idiot wouldn't give us his caps, even when he saw that there were four of us around him, so I shot him with my gun! His head fell right off of his shoulders, it was so funny!. I also found a few needles on him. Jim said that they were drugs, and that I shouldn't try using them until I am older, but I think I am old enough now! I snuck one in to my pocket, but I think he saw me and just winked.
---

Who knows, who cares.

Jack made an announcement back at camp today. He told us that we were going to be joining forces with the jumping mirelurks. They are another gang of raiders, but they aren't nearly as cool as we are. It seems that they have a lot of armor to give us, though, and we have a lot more food than we need so it's all good. Plus, this puts us at about 75 strong.
---

The best day ever! John says it's April now.

One of the girls from the other gang kissed me today! I was just doing what I normally do, looking around for a gun that someone may have left lying around, and she comes out of nowhere! We were really going somewhere before some stupid kid saw us and started laughing. I gotta beat that kid up later. But the girl was awesome. I found out that her name is Jenny. I have to find something to give to her!  

Roane Farhall

Distinct Hunter

Roane Farhall

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:08 pm
The day better than yesterday!

We attacked a patrol of people that looked like Brotherhood earlier, but their armor was all black and red. They got Paul real good, and Jeremy was shot up a lot, but I took out their robot with my knife! Then Jack showed up out of nowhere, and he had a shotgun with him! He used that to kill one of the people in the armor, then Jim hit the other one with his sledgehammer. It was so awesome! While we were searching their bodies, I found a ring on one of them. I asked Jim if I could keep it and he said it was OK!

Just a few hours ago I gave the ring to Jenny and we had a good time together. She put it on and started making jokes about how we have to get married now. It was great until that kid showed up again. I punched his shoulder though, and he ran away.
---

I forgot what day it was.

Jack found out. Just like I thought, he asked me about Evergreen Mills. And I told him. I told him about the secret entrance, I told him where people could get the best shots at the town, I told him everything he needed to know. It's not like I care about them any more. Screw everyone there! They didn't care about me! Nobody cared about me there! I have friends now! I don't need them any more!
---

Tuesday. Day of blood.

I didn't realize what I had done until it was all happening. Jack lead everyone down to Evergreen Mills. They killed everyone. A lot of our people died in the fight, we are down to 40 people, but everyone that was here died. I saw it all happen. I saw Ralph kill Mr. Alexston, I saw Jim shoot my old teacher, and I saw Jack kill my family. I didn't even feel sad that they were gone. They didn't care about me, nobody here did. But I can't make myself feel happy about it. Jenny tried to chear me up, but it didn't do much.
---

Wednesday.

We're leaving. Me and Jenny decided that we're going to go to Rivet City and live out peacefully. I have had enough of the killing. I just want it to be over with. I told Jim about our plan, and he told me to be sure I wasn't caught. The lions don't like deserters he said, but he understands.
---

Monday. It has been eleven days since that last entry.

How could he? Ralph was my friend, how could he shoot Jenny? She wasn't killed, but he was! I emptied out my gun on his stupid head! That idiot! Why would he try to stop us? Doesn't he understand that we just killed everyone I had known while growing up? It's all my fault. I shouldn't have told Jack anything about this place! All that's left for me is to get to Rivet City with Jenny, but she's hurt. We stopped in this old metro tunnel, but I don't like it at all. I have heard that ghouls live down here. One thing's for sure, I am not sleeping tonight.
---

Thursday. Worst day ever.

Jenny died last night. She never recovered from that bullet, and she died while sleeping. This is all my fault. We should have never left Evergreen Mills. We should have never been there in the first place. Maybe then we'd all still be happy. Maybe then everyone would be alive. Rivet city is only a day away, but I don't think I can do this without Jenny.
---

We made it. I carried Jenny the rest of the way. It was her dream to come here, and I wasn't going to let her down. We're not going inside of the city, though. I'm going to sit here next to her. I have one bullet left, and I know what I have to do with it. I have nothing left in my life. The Lions hate me, my family was killed, and now jenny has died too. To whoever reads this, this was my choice. I'm leaving this world now. Please, don't walk the same path I did. Help people if you get the chance. Nothing comes from hurting other people except death and sorrow.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:43 pm
Wow dude this story is hardcore .. and sad too but in the good way, nice job  

XxCrimson_ShinobixX
Vice Captain

Ruthless Hunter

14,475 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Survivor 150

Roane Farhall

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:07 pm
I almost wrote "the diary of a super mutant."

But all I got was "GAR! HRAAAAGH! WHERE IS HE!?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:01 pm
You could make one about a Super Mutant likes Fawkes, but this one escaped.

Like Uncle Leo  

Ich esse dich

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Roane Farhall

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:31 pm
xTashi
You could make one about a Super Mutant likes Fawkes, but this one escaped.

Like Uncle Leo

o.O

I was actually joking...

But nah, the next thing I am working on is about the outcasts. And it wont be a diary. I think that diary writing is actually what I am best at, but I wanna try something else.

(Did any of you notice that I never named the main guy in that story? =P)  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:16 am
I didn't. xD  

Ich esse dich

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

XxCrimson_ShinobixX
Vice Captain

Ruthless Hunter

14,475 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:52 am
I sure did xD Hey have you heard the jokes that the supermutants make whle talking to one another?? I have xD  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:08 pm
That was really good. Sad but good.  

hirationugget

Scars-of-an-Undead

Friendly Camper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:40 pm
Wow! This is truly an awesome story!
I love the emotion you portrayed in it as well - very deep. I felt as though I got to know the character too. Fluent and has nice character development! 3nodding
Nice Job! Keep it up! biggrin

robthedude

I would expect the diary of a Super Mutant to be a book torn to shreds O_o I think they're too strong and angry to concentrate writing a word in a book xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:32 pm
Scars-of-an-Undead
robthedude

I would expect the diary of a Super Mutant to be a book torn to shreds O_o I think they're too strong and angry to concentrate writing a word in a book xd

Fair enough razz  

Roane Farhall

Distinct Hunter

XxCrimson_ShinobixX
Vice Captain

Ruthless Hunter

14,475 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:31 pm
Yeah he does have quite a point xp  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:43 pm
lol i love spying on supermutants it's funny as hell they just talk to each other but they're so stupid their conversations end by one of them calling the other stupid xp  

Blades Of Null

Renji Abarai The Great

4,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:01 pm
cool  
Wasteland Tales: Fanfics/RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff