Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Thread Archive
Story Progression Toggle is Broken!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:47 am
It has been known for some time that the Story Progression feature was broken in the leaked version of the game and it has now come to light that it is still faulty in the final release. Story Progression functions perfectly when turned on but CANNOT BE TURNED OFF. The toggle button may show it as turned off but has no actual effect.

If you want the Story Progression turned off and run the game on a PC then there is a work around. Details are given here on the Sims 3 forum > http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/6537.page

Unfortunately this will NOT work for mac players.

A permanent fix is supposadly in the works.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:23 pm
Seriously? How did they let that slip through? O.O Oh well, I like love the story progression. =]  

Fairee Lumineuse

6,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:49 pm
It would appear the biggest complaints that people have with Story Progression are that player created Sims can move out of town if you are not currently playing them, player created Sims can be killed off seemingly at random by things such as being struck by lightning when not playing them and families may end up with children that don't have any family ties to the Sims they are living with.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:46 am
I like the randomness of it. Although I've only been playing one family so far.

I've always liked Sim randomness, it's why I had Inteen and the ACR mods on my Sims 2

That being said. It really should be allowed to turn off if there is an option. That is a huge bug to miss, especially if they heard about it from leaked versions (and how could they not)  

Iris Lise

Interesting Browser

2,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

~Anime~^__^~Anime~

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:05 pm
Wait, but what's the story progression?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:48 pm
Story Progression allows other households that you are not currently playing to continue on with their lives including major life events. It will allow them to get married, have children and move out of town all on their own among other things.

With it turned off, which is currently broken, they can still live their day to day lives but should not be able to perform life changing actions without your say.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

LinkGirl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:33 pm
The first patch has just come out! (Yay!) And it supposedly is supposed to fix the Story Progression option. Although I haven't tried it out yet. (Going to go test it out right now...)
A full list of the updates in the patch can be found here... http://www.thesims3.com/game/patches/-1206416818

EDIT: It seems to work (the fixed Story Progression option). I made a neighborhood and put it on the really short life setting and watched as the neighborhood semi-slowly died off of old age. And there didn't seem to be anyone moving out or moving in, so yeah.

The patch is also supposed to fix some of the slow Speed 2 & Speed 3 issues, but as far as I can tell it's still the same speed for both (if not a little tiny big faster); it's still painful to wait for everyone to sleep.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:56 pm
Thanks for letting me know the patch is out. I'll go make an announcement about it now.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
Thread Archive

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items