Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply Main Forum
Torn

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DoctorExplosion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:24 pm
I'm torn between getting 3 or buying 2 again. I enjoyed the quirks of 2, but 3 looks interesting.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:22 am
Oh, that's a tough one. I suppose it depends on how you play. Sims 3 is more like a game. People keep comparing it to the console versions of the game. If that's more your style, then I'd suggest 3.

But if you like open ended playing, then Sims 2 might still be the game for you.

I have a blog here where I talk about my Sims 3 game. I still enjoy playing Sims 2 also (played just last night). So I'm not totally biased. I like both games.  

Banana-nana

Jessie-the-Foodie

9,700 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:26 am
Well...while though 3 seems interesting...and it would be cool to make vegetarian sims, I have The Sims 2...and there's no reason why I can't pretend it's veggie meat my veggie sims are using...or have them make only foods that don't have meats or don't say they have meats...however...

The Sims 2 Double Deluxe I thought a few months/year ago or so was about sixty bucks...if I remember correctly (or maybe fourty or thirty if not)...Well not counting tax...I got it recently just a few weeks ago for about twenty dollars...not counting tax....or counting tax...How much is The Sims 3 now? Maybe if you wait around, the price of it will reduce, and then you could get it...but for now, I'd just settle with The Sims 2 Double Deluxe with Nightlife and Celebration Stuff expansion packs if you can get it...because that's what I got...and it was a great deal! It's realistic enough...you can download custom sims parts on thesims2.com...and so on and so forth. The Sims 3 can probably wait...At least, for me it can.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:36 pm
try and play both and keep playing the one you like more.  

mistress_hydro

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250

sanorah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:28 pm
three looks really fun but if your not done playing the sims2 then just keep playing that. you could also try playing someone elses sims3 game to see how you like it. thats how i got into the sims2.  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games