Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling
Samus/ZSS

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Master Kin_Ryu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:41 pm
When I see an opponent known for reflecting attacks (i.e. Star Fox characters) I usually switch from Samus to ZSS midbattle. Is it wrong to do that in the middle of a fight?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:36 pm
Final Smashing from Samus to ZSS is only a good idea if you hit the enemies. In particular, try to catch the reflector characters in the beam.

There are advantages to remaining Samus, considering her armor suit form does come with plenty of good melee attacks. The important thing is judge by the opponents. If they're swift, ZSS has her own speed to counter. Against hard-hitters, it may be more productive to remain in armor.  

Crimson Hagane

5,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Beta Explorer 0

Master Kin_Ryu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:43 pm
Usually when I fight, my opponents dont want items in play so I have to do it the old 1-2-1 way (I play with wiimote and nunchuk)  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:27 pm
Master Kin_Ryu
Usually when I fight, my opponents dont want items in play so I have to do it the old 1-2-1 way (I play with wiimote and nunchuk)

I would think it's fine.I faced someone in tourney who did the taunt transformation way.It's considered similar to shiek/zelda and PK trainer.The only thing is that before hand I think the armor chunks would count as an item and must be disposed of :/ But if your playing friendlies launch away XD  

I Kero I

Sparkly Sex Symbol

9,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Ultimate Player 200

Master Kin_Ryu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:15 am
THX  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:44 am
Kero-of-Ice
Master Kin_Ryu

I would think it's fine.I faced someone in tourney who did the taunt transformation way.It's considered similar to shiek/zelda and PK trainer.The only thing is that before hand I think the armor chunks would count as an item and must be disposed of :/ But if your playing friendlies launch away XD

Nope they're still usable it's like waddle dees, gordos, and turnips.  

Psychoace

Triclipse Moon

Generous Feeder

8,950 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:00 pm
Samus has been slowed down drasticly since melee, which sucks. Zero suit is too fast for me but I still use her.

That's a good tactic though, I find starting w/ ZSS is a better idea, geta feel forthe skill level while sprinting about the stage and dodging. If you need to revert back just whip up the smash ball twice and it should be yours.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:31 pm
Just hit shield after they pick a space furry and just main ZSS.

Good reason too  

Kunx the Mighty
Crew

Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas