Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aren't people stupid?
  Yes!
View Results

Pickles And Pretty Ponies

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:44 am
Gaian stupidity is astounding.

No, I don't mean you guys, or anyone else in my guilds. For the most part, everyone in guilds is more literate, more polite, and actually has some kind of sense in them.

I mean the general population of Gaia in the main forums.

I saw a thread in the CB begging for donations while being illiterate and abausing caps lock. The poster had a lot of expensive items and had been on Gaia for years, and he got 100k in donations. (he logged the donations on his profile)

So I decided to post a literate, polite thread asking for help with my quest for coco kitty. At the rate that I earn gold, it could take me months upon months to get it without any donations.

I got flamed and called emo when I said I hadn't really expected anything anyway. I didn't really because all my threads end up being a fail.

I'm not emo, that's just what I've come to expect from
the Gaian population.

So you'll donate hundreds of thousands of gold to an illiterate person who begs and abuses caps lock, but you flame a literate person asking politely?

I despise what Gaia has become.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:14 am
Haha, the general Gaia forums are a scary place, I tend to stick to guilds (read: this 'un ) unless i'm desperate for an rp or want to booty grab in the aquarium forum.

You always get silly gits anywhere on the internet, unfortunately.  

dragontamer363
Crew

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:19 am
Heheh-I rarely venture to the Gaia Forums....like DT said-they are a scary place. Rude people there are. stare

I been there recently though for one of DT's RP but that's about it....oh and her shop too.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:54 am
I must admit, back when I started Gaia I wasn't the most literate person, but I was nice. I never got any donations or whatnot either. I made about six monthes ago (just before Christmas), asking if someone could donate about 10k to me so I can get my friend an item for Christmas. Everyone just posted saying, "noob" and "earn your own gold, idiot. It's not that hard" and I just quit it and ended up selling one of my own items (one of my last Monthly Collectibles) and getting her what she wanted.  

Death Shikaku

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:05 pm
i dont hang in those places anymore.. except when im really bored and nothing is of interest within the guilds i am fond of and active on ^^ well as for quest.. people like it when you make interesting topics for your thread ^^ like post a topic question or try to update your thread with notes or interesting stuff.. then that's the time people actually come back to your thread.. alsso. make sure you keep it alive by having bumpers on your thread smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:18 pm
Arch Angel Neko
i dont hang in those places anymore.. except when im really bored and nothing is of interest within the guilds i am fond of and active on ^^ well as for quest.. people like it when you make interesting topics for your thread ^^ like post a topic question or try to update your thread with notes or interesting stuff.. then that's the time people actually come back to your thread.. alsso. make sure you keep it alive by having bumpers on your thread smile
I'll try that...but I'll have to create a new thread first. The old one makes me seem rude, because I got really mad and started flaming back at all the illiterate noobs...
@ 0moon_maiden0: Thank you for the donation! ^^

Pickles And Pretty Ponies

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:31 pm
I totally get you there.
I rarely venture out of this guild as well.
When I used to wear a lot of my expensive items, not to flaunt but because they made the avatars I liked, I used to get friend requests obviously because they thought I was rich and wanted in. That was around the time I started going a bit more minimalistic with avatars and stopped going into the main gaia forums. (I'm not rich anyway, it was in a different gaia economy I was able to afford those items.)

But it's not just gaia, it just seems like they all congregate here. Stupidity is everywhere on the internet. It is sadly what makes it amusing. As much as I like a good debate it's hilarious to read flame wars.
I've never been one to ask for donations though, I figure if I can't afford it I'll either quest for it or it's not meant to be so I've never had people calling me lazy and whatnot for asking.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:30 am
I fear gaia's main forum. haha.
It's simply shocking what it's become. There are tons of rude and illiterate people there just like you said. Plus the flamers that stick around and don't flame reasonably. XD

I haven't visited gaia's main forums in forever b/c of the kind of place it is. The guilds are much more comfy and much better. 3nodding

Good luck on your quest! That was brave of you to make a quest thread on the main forums by the way. ^_^  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces