Reply Avatar Talk
Why is there...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Qwannah

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:42 pm
..pretty much a ban on bumps in the AT? I have quite the abhorrance to wait an hour-3 hours just to bump a post, ATers break this rule all the time and no one yells at them for it, but when another Gaia member comes in everyone goes "AH NO BUMPING ALLOWED!" so why do we have this? It just shows that if you are prominent you may get away with stuff. I really think we should lift the ban off of it.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:11 pm
Why? Because newbs bump their posts per second like in the Chatterbox. Most ATers with a decent avatar don't need bumps to keep their thread on the first page. Usually, Rating back will get a butt load of responses.

Either way, I tell both ATers and newbs alike bumping is not allowed.

SirBaka

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Critic 0

Qwannah

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:53 pm
SirBaka
Why? Because newbs bump their posts per second like in the Chatterbox. Most ATers with a decent avatar don't need bumps to keep their thread on the first page. Usually, Rating back will get a butt load of responses.

Either way, I tell both ATers and newbs alike bumping is not allowed.

I have seen many ATers with good avatars do this before. Even though they do not do it per second, they still bump.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:49 am
by gaia rules, bumping is allowed, but you're not supposed to bump your post until it goes off the first page.
in really fast forums like the exchange and the chatter box you need to bump your thread like.. every minute in order for it to stay on the first page if there's not a bunch of people talking in it.
AT is just a bit of a slower moving forum. /:
i'll usually bump mine up if it's ignored if it goes down past where you have to scroll ><

FrozenFyre
Vice Captain

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff