Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Writing on the Wall

Back to Guilds

Are you literate? Do you write poetry, short stories, long stories, prose, roleplays. . . anything? Share your talent with the world! 

Tags: Writing, Poetry, Prose, Stories, RolePlay 

Reply The Writing on the Wall
Quotes Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pup in Fluff
Captain

Invisible Sex Symbol

8,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:42 am
In my writing, I like to use famous quotes. I even make up my own sometimes. I thought maybe people would like to read some of my quotes or post some of their own.

Please Note: If it is a famous quote, please put the name after it. "QUOTE" -name

Even if it is your own quote or not a famous quote, use that format. If the name is unknown, just put "unknown." Please, I can not express this enough. everyone deserves credit for their sayings so give them the credit that they deserve. I hate it when people steal things and show it off as their own.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:55 pm
One of my friends put a quote from one of my stories in her "quote book".
The quote: "Teenage girls go through boyfriends like kids go through ice cream." -Elvane  

Elvane

Pup in Fluff
Captain

Invisible Sex Symbol

8,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:38 pm
"Life is the only thing you can't get out of alive." --Unknown

"We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse." --Unknown

"Eat right, exercise daily, live clean, die anyway." --Unknown

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Unknown

"War dosen't determine who's right. War determines who's left!" --Unknown

" My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first being hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint." --Erma Bombeck

"USA Today has come out with a new survey: Apparently three out of four people make up 75 percent of the population." --David Letterman

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." --Robert A. Heinlein

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." -- Winston Churchill

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about." -- Oscar Wilde

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." -- Mark Twain

"He has all the virtues I dislike, and none of the vices I admire." -- Winston Churchill

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." --Winston Churchill

"It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens." -- Woody Allen

"Good-bye. I am leaving because i'm bored." -- George Saunders (last words)

"Reminds me of a safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water." -- W.C. Fields

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very consistant one." -- Albert Einstein

"This "telephone" has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us." -- Western Union internal memo, 1876

I know it's a long list but...oh well! More soon to come!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:29 pm
"We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse." --Unknown

...I really like that one.  

Cerebus05

Hot Wench

LeopardFire

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:08 am
"Let he who has the most 'E' be the first stoned!" - Me

"Time is an illusion. Lunch time doubly so." - Ford Prefect, The Hitchhiker's Guid to the Galaxy

Famous last words: "Oh, s**t"- Audrey II, Little Shop of Horrors

More famous last words: "Hey guys! Watch this!" - Unknown

"I'll stand here and make sure you don't die." - NewMoonShadow, A.K.A Alyssea or Neil. I was on a ladder at the time.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:27 pm
Hehe, I'd like to find the ditziest Person I know, and record their quotes for a day....
So instead... Here's a Conversation My Best friend and I had....

"You're going to be smacked with a Salmon for all eternity,"

"Really?!"

"Yes, and It will smell like Nacho Cheese..."

"Oh My GOD, there is a heaven!"  

Anneechin23

Pup in Fluff
Captain

Invisible Sex Symbol

8,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:11 am
Anneechin23
Hehe, I'd like to find the ditziest Person I know, and record their quotes for a day....
So instead... Here's a Conversation My Best friend and I had....

"You're going to be smacked with a Salmon for all eternity,"

"Really?!"

"Yes, and It will smell like Nacho Cheese..."

"Oh My GOD, there is a heaven!"
xd  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:52 pm
I have one thousand quotes I say daily, and I can't think of anything.

"college=suck" - cpu

"Wearing underwear is as formal as I ever hope to get," Hemingway

I love the fish one. ^^

OOH! Just watched Serenity. Great movie.

"Attention, this is the captian. We may be expirancing some slight turbulance, and then explode."  

MaisSkyss

Myou_Sama

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:07 am
MaisSkyss

OOH! Just watched Serenity. Great movie.

"Attention, this is the captian. We may be expirancing some slight turbulance, and then explode."
xp
I saw it too! Have you seen Firefly? The show that came before that, there are some really cool quotes in it!

Mal: "We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."

Wash: "Everything looks good from here... (beat...playing with plastic dinosaurs over his console) Yes. Yes, this is a fertile land, and we will thrive."
(as Stegosaurus) "We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... 'This Land'."
(as T-Rex) "I think we should call it...your grave!"
(Stegosaurus) "Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"
(T-Rex) "Ha ha HA! Mine is an evil laugh...now die!"

Jayne: "Ten percent of nuthin' is...let me do the math here...nuthin' into nuthin'...carry the nuthin'..."

Precher: "I brought you some supper but if you'd prefer a lecture, I've a few very catchy ones prepped...sin and hellfire... one has lepers."

Jayne: "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Zoe: "Proximity alert. Must be coming up on something."
Wash: (alarmed) "Oh my god. What can it be? We're all doomed! Who's flying this thing!?" (deadpan) "Oh right, that would be me. Back to work."

Kaylee: (pointing to a pink frilly dress) "Say, look at the fluffy one!"
Zoe: "Too much foofaraw. If I'm going to wear a dress, I'd want something with some slink."
Wash: "You want a slinky dress? I can buy you a slinky dress. Captain, can I have money for a slinky dress?"
Jayne: "I'll chip in."
Zoe: (to Jayne) "I can hurt you."

Harrow: "You have to finish it, lad. You have to finish it. For a man to lay beaten... and yet breathing? It makes him a coward."
Inara: "It's humiliation."
Mal: "Sure. It would be humiliating. Having to lie there while the better man refuses to spill your blood. Mercy is the mark of a great man. (lightly stabs Atherton with the sword) Guess I'm just a good man. (stabs him again) Well, I'm all right."

Mal: "So, she's added cussing and hurling about of things to her repertoire. She really is a prodigy."
Simon: "It's just a bad day."
Mal: "No, a bad day is when someone's yellin' spooks the cattle. Understand? You ever see cattle stampede when they got no place to run? It's kind of like a...a meat grinder. And it'll lose us half the herd."
Simon: "She hasn't gone anywhere near the cattle."
Mal: "No, but in case you hadn't noticed, her voice kinda carries. We're two miles above ground and they can probably hear her down there. Soon as we unload, she can holler until our ears bleed." (to River) "Although I would take it as a kindness if she didn't."
River: "The human body can be drained of blood in 8.6 seconds given adequate vacuuming systems."
Mal: (to Simon) "See, morbid and creepifying, I got no problem with, long as she does it quiet-like."

Kaylee: "Well, we're headed for help... right?"
Zoe: "Captain will come up with a plan."
Kaylee: "That's good. Right?"
Zoe: "Possibly you're not recalling some of his previous plans."

Mal: "Well, look at this! Appears we got here just in the nick of time. Whaddya suppose that makes us?"
Zoe: "Big damn heroes, sir."
Mal: "Ain't we just!"

Shepered: "Yes, I'd forgotten you're moonlighting as a criminal mastermind now. Got your next heist planned?"
Simon: "No. But I'm thinking about growing a big black mustache. I'm a traditionalist."

Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?
Shepered: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.
^^^^^^^^
Favorite!!! mrgreen

Jayne: "I got post?"
Book: "Might we all want to step back a few paces before he opens that?"
Jayne: "Ha ha. It's from my mother." (puts on ugly homemade hat) "How's it sit? Pretty cunning, don'tchya think?"
Kaylee: "I think it's the sweetest hat ever."
Book: "Makes a statement."
Jayne: "Yeah, yeah!"
Wash: "A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything."
Jayne: "Damn straight."

Inara: "It sounds like the sort of thing this crew can handle. I can't guarantee they'll handle it particularly well, but-"
Nandi: "If they got guns, and brains at all..."
Inara: "They have guns."

Zoe: "No one's gonna force you to go, Jayne. As has been stated -- this job's strictly speculative."
Jayne: "Good. 'Cause I don't know these folks, don't much care to."
Mal: "They're whores."
Jayne: "I'm in."

Wash: "Little River just gets more colorful by the moment. What'll she do next?"
Zoe: "Either blow us all up or rub soup in our hair. It's a toss-up."
Wash: "I hope she does the soup thing. It's always a hoot, and we don't all die from it."

Mal: "But she does have an oddness to her. And I ain't just talking about her proficiency with firearms. Girl knows things. Things she shouldn't. Things she couldn't."
Jayne: "Wha-...are you-are you sayin' she's a witch?"
Wash: (sarcastically) "Yes, Jayne. She's a witch. She has had congress with the beast."
Jayne: "She's in Congress?"
Wash: (amazed) "How did your brain even learn human speech? I'm just so curious."

Wash: "Psychic, though? That sounds like something out of science fiction."
Zoe: "We live in a space ship, dear."

(I might have gone a bit crazy.... I just love that show!!)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:12 pm
I've only seen a few episodes of it. I love the entire first scene of the movie.

Best Quote Ever:

"Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!" ~ Shakespear (can't spell), from the play Julius Ceasar.

Oh, and of my english teacher:

"She wants us to buy what? A quart-sized bag? She can kiss my quart sized A**!"  

MaisSkyss

LeopardFire

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:23 am
"I don't know where your spleen is, I'm not an astrologist!" -A good friend of mine.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:27 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

explode555

possum222

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:23 pm
Hehe i heard davina mccall say this 'if you knew what your best friends said about you behind your back, you wouldnt have any friends' x  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:57 pm
Ancient one. Plato is said to have a sign on his door saying "Let no one ignorant of Mathmatics enter here."

"What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies."

"The gods, too, are fond of a joke."

Both Aristotle.  

MaisSkyss

Ever_lasting_Flame

Eloquent Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:58 am

This one is on the wall in my religion class...

"Work can either be fun or a drag. It all depends on how you look at it.
Personally, I like fun"
- It did not say who it was by

The Writing on the Wall

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas