Whatchu think?
  I love it!
  Never read it/Neutral
  I hate it.
View Results

Paradoxismminant
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:13 pm
Switch is a manga series about two policemen who work in the Drug Enforcement Division of Japan's Kanto region.
User ImageHal, a stoic, rather ruthless smoker (right) and his partner Kai, a very sweet, gentle, but mysterious guy are thrown together as partners. Due to their opposing personalities, many funny moments happen (usually due to Kai clinging like a limpet to an aggravated Hal). On the flip side, they are assigned to investigate several incidents having to do with a new drug, and while doing so, certain events sometimes trigger sweet Kai to become some sort of demonic-acting villain who will not stop at anything to achieve his ends.

One such incident is when Kai and Hal meet a young boy who is scrubbing floors at a local gym to make enough money for his father, a retired boxer (and also their target), to get new gloves and box again. Kai takes the boy home, where he notices the general dinginess of the apartment. The father appears, drunk, and punches his son in the face as he presents the money to him.

Kai runs to the kid's defense, but when the father slashes him across the hand with a knife, he cringes and whimpers for a moment. When the father stabs him through the hand, Kai suddenly goes from a floppy soft thing to a hard, sharp demon who looks up with a crazed grin and tears out the knife that pins his hand to the ground. demon!Kai berates the father and beats him up, nearly killing him. Fortunately for the addict-of-a-father, Hal bursts in, cuffs the father, and somehow gets crazy ol' demon!Kai to not carve the guy's eyes out and return to his normal, cute-puppy state.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:14 pm
I love it! And no, not just because there's hot guys in it or whatever...

{fandom moment}  

Paradoxismminant
Captain

Paradoxismminant
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:25 pm
My god, it's silent...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:27 pm
Paradoxismminant
My god, it's silent...

lol of course it is! It's not as if we have the largest membership in the world XDDD.

You poor thing. No one to talk toXD.

Btw, don't you think Hal and Kai'd make a great couple XD?

lol...you fangirl XDD. You think there's any yaoi out there with them?  

No Gambling in Paradix
Vice Captain

Paradoxismminant
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:08 pm
Uh, yeah. I'm pretty sure there is...considering the content and stuff...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:08 pm
I'd be willing to give it a try, but I'd have to get it free. :/ Being a college student really drains one's budget for expenses like books.  

JuniperSky

2,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150

Paradoxismminant
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:49 pm
Yeah^^. What I usually do is just go to the local bookstore and see if they have the book I'm looking for^^.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:43 pm
*giggles*

We don't have a good bookstore for about 2.5 hours in one direction, more then five in any other.  

JuniperSky

2,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150

Semidis--
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:48 pm
Yeah...ours is pretty pathetic too><....for instance, the manga section is about 1.25 m high, and 1 m across. AND THEY NEVER RESTOCK gonk .  
Honk if you love reading!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games