Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fallout 3

Back to Guilds

The Original Fallout 3 Guild. 

Tags: Fallout, fallout 3, vault boy, vault, original 

Reply Fallout 3
Debate : Brotherhood Of Steel - Brotherhood Outcasts. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who Do You Pick??
Brotherhood Of Steel
44%
 44%  [ 32 ]
Brotherhood Outcast
43%
 43%  [ 31 ]
God Bless The Enclave!!
12%
 12%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 72

XxCrimson_ShinobixX
Vice Captain

Ruthless Hunter

14,475 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:41 pm
Who do you think made the right choice ?? Or Who's side are you on??

-Brotherhood of Steel (Elder Lyons) : Choosing to postpone the search for technology to protect the weak and help the surviving local towns or settlements.

-Brotherhood Outcasts ( Protector Casdin ) : Choosing to leave Elder Lyons to stay true to their mission which is retrieve technology to save the progress of humanity.

I side with the Outcasts

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:42 pm
I think this could wind of being a very fun discussion.

Anyway, both have very valid points, but I kinda lean more towards Lyon's Brotherhood. I think its pretty important to save the technological progress of humanity, but it doesn't make much sense to say such progress should be saved for those who are in the Brotherhood and the Brotherhood alone. Besides, the Brotherhood has been advancing east in the search for technology all the way from California; by the time they reached the Capital Wasteland, I would say that they're pretty much found everything technical that they are going to find, and that they should change their focus to helping the people of the watseland. The Outcasts, in furthering the ideals of the original Brotherhood, are really no better than the Enclave.  

Haratio TaFotter
Crew

Roane Farhall

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:47 pm
I actually lean towards the Outcasts. Because of them, people like the Enclave can be fought. If everyone stopped looking for technology just to save people, then they would quickly run out of quality weapons to fight their enemies with. Plus, the Outcasts aren't opposed to helping people. It has been a secondary goal of the Western BoS since their foundation.

They aren't just looking for technology, they are looking for ways to recreate it. Sure, you can have seventeen suits of Mk. II power armor sitting in front of you, but they were all most likely broken in the process of being obtained, unless the Enclave just gave you a crate full of their gear. You keep looking for that one suit that has the missing component and then, just like that, there's a chance you can find out how to produce it. And if you can produce it, your soldiers will be safer in their exploration while they try to bring in better tech.

And then in weapons. What component turns the same ammunition that fires laser blasts in to plasma blasts? By taking apart enough of these weapons, they can figure that out, and perhaps find something that is even stronger.

I like to believe that the outcasts are also trying to start developing technology again. Once they have a basic foundation on the ground of what we have, they can start planning for what we need. Gatling plasma gun? Mk. III power armor? In the works. Thermite thrower? One can only hope.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:03 pm
XxCrimson_ShinobixX
Who do you think made the right choice ?? Or Who's side are you on??

-Brotherhood of Steel (Elder Lyons) : Choosing to postpone the search for technology to protect the weak and help the surviving local towns or settlements.

-Brotherhood Outcasts ( Protector Casdin ) : Choosing to leave Elder Lyons to stay true to their mission which is retrieve technology to save the progress of humanity.

I side with the Outcasts

Ill back you up any day. ******** the weak. ******** the enclave. iv slain them all >=)  

captin albert wesker

Blades Of Null

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:30 pm
i say that he npc's in the game try to make the outcasts look like terrible people but they only search for tech. and when they see men and women in peril they'll assist you (if you havent killed cassdin drawn fire to them or gone into their base big mistakes i've made way too many times )...it's just that perserving humanity itself isnt their primary goal but i side with both the outcasts and the brotherhoods goals ..the enclave just want restore the u.s., but they believe killing everything and everyone is the right way to do it they're goal is a noble one but they way they wish to do it is hipikritocal witch also makes them an evil force ,but overall i would side with the outcasts , or the brotherhood ,but overall outcasts  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:07 am
I side with the BOS.

Outcasts are searching, but the Brotherhood already has the tech.

Liberty Prime, Telsa Cannons and stealing Vertibirds from Enclave.
Not to mention the fact that they can study Project Purity to purify food also which will help the condition of many, even their own.  

Ich esse dich

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

legendary thiefLawli

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:45 am
A very close minded opinion.

Outcasts are actually trying to further technologies, BOS are trying to save the world. Like that's going to happen. If it weren't for the outcasts, the BOS would all be killing each other out of boredom, some of the outcasts may be evil (They drop fingers) but others are nice, AKA Rococo Rockfowl and Henry Casdin.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:56 am
legendary detective Lawli
A very close minded opinion.

Outcasts are actually trying to further technologies, BOS are trying to save the world. Like that's going to happen. If it weren't for the outcasts, the BOS would all be killing each other out of boredom, some of the outcasts may be evil (They drop fingers) but others are nice, AKA Rococo Rockfowl and Henry Casdin.

Outcasts, who are following the original BOS not Lyon's, are technically trying to save the world, just not right quickly.

How would BOS be killing each other out of boredum?  

Ich esse dich

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

legendary thiefLawli

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:00 pm
The killing each other out of boredom was a figure of speech (I actually don't know why I put that there gonk ) The outcasts may be trying to save the world, but they aren't self righteous twats like the BOS. Think about it, if you were part of a group trying to save the world, would you go about acting smart and helping people, or would you get the job done?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:02 pm
If outcasts werent gathering tech. and then radiation and everything affected by it such as muties we would have to start from the begining literally no tech. we would have to start and live primitive lives in my opinion outcasts are noble people  

Blades Of Null

Ich esse dich

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:20 pm
@ Lawli - The Wasteland isn't going to blow up in a couple of years though, there really isn't a rush. So why not save people while you get the job done?

@ Storm - Outcasts aren't the only tech scavengers. Many mercs, scientists, etc. would gather the tech from ruins.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:22 pm
Again, I think that the better way to save people is to get an edge over their enemies. Sure, you can steal their stuff, but then you are just equal forces. And Liberty Prime ends up getting blown to crap too, you can't rely on that. Really, the Tesla cannon is the only thing the BoS has done to give themselves an edge. Even then, do you think they figured out how to build that by standing in front of buildings? Did they stumble across the plans while delivering fresh water to people who had survived this long without it?

If they could make armor that can resist plasma weapons, or guns that can more easily go through their armor without being extremely bulky and hard to reload, good. Think about it, you have to expose your hiding place to take a single shot from the Tesla Cannon. While that is extremely devastating, the enemy now knows exactly where you are and that it will take you a while to get another good shot at them. all they have to do is spread apart and rush, then you're done for.

Now imagine you have a gun the size of a laser rifle that can pierce their armor. Sure, a single shot wont blow a group of 8 to pieces, but a single clip has the capability to take out 15. And reloading? A matter of seconds. If you could get something like that to your soldiers, they would be nearly unbeatable by the enemy. By studying technology, I think the outcasts are trying to create something like that. If it can drop a fully armed enclave soldier in one shot, imagine what it would do to a super mutant attack? Can you think how much safer Big Town would be with just one of those then it would be with 3 brotherhood soldiers standing in front of the bridge?  

Roane Farhall

Distinct Hunter

XxCrimson_ShinobixX
Vice Captain

Ruthless Hunter

14,475 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:45 pm
You have to remember that if the Outcasts waste manpower to help people, They might end up dying and loosing valuable personel plus the tech that they are carrying, It would be a loose-loose situation...And they'd have to start from the Dark Ages as one of you guys said...

And the BoS doesn't have the tech..they might have Liberty Prime..But The enclave have plasma weapons and the improved power armor as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:51 pm
XxCrimson_ShinobixX
You have to remember that if the Outcasts waste manpower to help people, They might end up dying and loosing valuable personel plus the tech that they are carrying, It would be a loose-loose situation...And they'd have to start from the Dark Ages as one of you guys said...

And the BoS doesn't have the tech..they might have Liberty Prime..But The enclave have plasma weapons and the improved power armor as well.

Not to mention that the Enclave can friggin' fly.

Sure, the BoS can steal as many v-birds as they like, the Enclave manufactures the things.  

Roane Farhall

Distinct Hunter

XxCrimson_ShinobixX
Vice Captain

Ruthless Hunter

14,475 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:43 am
robthedude
XxCrimson_ShinobixX

Not to mention that the Enclave can friggin' fly.

Sure, the BoS can steal as many v-birds as they like, the Enclave manufactures the things.

Exactly, And well saving humans is well not very important cause..people reproduce like rabbits xD  
Fallout 3

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff