Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)
Pagan/Wiccan Networking?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Katsumi Aki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:47 am
So, do you have any sites that you frequent to speak to other Pagans and or Wiccans? I've found coven-space.com to be a really pleasant site. It's got a bit of a myspace setup, with profiles, the ability to browse members, and a forum. The forums there are pretty active, and I don't think I've read one rude/demeaning post since I've joined. I find sites like this are helpful because in my opinion, speaking with Pagans can be more beneficial than even the most top rated books at times.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:29 pm
Though I'm actually very rarely on any of them, I have accounts on coven-space, paganspace, beliefnet and MysticWicks. I used to actually have groups on Coven-space and Beliefnet, but coven-space decided to get rid of them, and Beliefnet did some sort of upgrade that wiped out all of my group's info, and it wasn't worth it to redo it all so I disbanded it.  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

doistu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:33 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Gaia and another UK site have been my best friends in recent years to be honest.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:26 am
too2sweet
Though I'm actually very rarely on any of them, I have accounts on coven-space, paganspace, beliefnet and MysticWicks. I used to actually have groups on Coven-space and Beliefnet, but coven-space decided to get rid of them, and Beliefnet did some sort of upgrade that wiped out all of my group's info, and it wasn't worth it to redo it all so I disbanded it.

Well even if it's only once in a once in awhile thing, feel free to add me on covenspace. http://www.coven-space.com/Luna_SereneWolf  

Katsumi Aki

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:31 am
I used to be on covenspace but only a handful of people ever updated and I didn't really like the people there.

But I do have a Livejournal that I use for Pagan-specific stuff.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:11 am
Sanguina Cruenta
I used to be on covenspace but only a handful of people ever updated and I didn't really like the people there.

Really? There's quite a few active posters, there's new posts every day, and the people are quite kind.  

Katsumi Aki

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:48 pm
Katsumi Aki
Sanguina Cruenta

Really? There's quite a few active posters, there's new posts every day, and the people are quite kind.

When I was there hardly anyone was active. I still have the account so I might pop back in, but probably not.

Sure, they were kind. I just didn't like them. Most of them didn't think.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:18 pm
TBH, I stick with Gaia.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Pebble in my shoe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:53 am
Wiccan Together- they don't allow people under 17

This is the one I use now, it's small only about 200 members

I like Rosewicket better, less people, less...GAH... you know?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:40 am
Most of what I wrote in your thread about your research applies here. Especially, considering that what the Rosewicket site lists as a definition of Wicca, doesn't actually come anywhere close, and even in terms of neo-paganism, I'd have a few issues as well. In general a lot of what is listed on that site is basic witchcraft and/or neo-paganism, but it's not Wicca related at all.

Something important to remember as well is that Wicca and Witchcraft are not interchangeable words. All Wiccans are witches (which is why you will hear many people call it a "witchcult"), but not all witches are Wiccan. Witchcraft is a practice that almost anyone of any religion can do, it is not exclusive to Wicca.  

ncsweet
Crew

Tari_Leralonde

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:55 am
Pebble in my shoe

I have an account on Wiccan Together and I'm under 17. It's not that they don't allow people under 17, it's that there are a lot of groups on there that won't allow people under 17 or 18. If the whole site didn't allow people under 17, then my account on there would have been deleted long ago.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:24 am
I stay on Gaia. I'm a member of Darkness Embraced which has some Pagan related forums. And I'm am ember of a friend's site called CyberWinds. I doubt it's up. I have a vampirefreaks, and I was a member of a few pagan related cults but I haven't checked it in months.

I heard that paganspace is crap from a few of my friends. But I'll check out covenspace. :3  

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
*~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games