Offers for Gaia Cash

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:14 pm
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/community-announcements/earn-gaia-cash-by-completing-sponsored-offers/t.50927589/

http://www.gaiaonline.com/offers

I'm a little wary of Gaia's latest scheme. See on another site they did the same thing. You had to fill out some offer of crap you don't need before you could get whatever it the site was offering.

The third parties of the offers sold out my email address and now I get never ending spam everyday.

Also, I believe a lot of players on Gaia are minors. I looked at the list of offers Gaia had. They had things like credit reports, credit cards, direct Tv, etc. You need to be an adult for those things.

If you're going to do the offers read everything about it. Be aware of things that claim it's for free (several of them after reading the fine print will charge you after awhile). I suggest you use an email address that you really don't care about in case they decide to shove it on a mailing list and end up spamming you. Be careful about ones that ask for personal info.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:58 pm
The idea is so monumentally idiotic that I want to fly down to Cali, find the schmuck who signed off on this, and beat them over the head with a folding chair.

I don't know how much more of this kind of poor decision making I can stand. If it gets much worse, I'm leaving Gaia.  

Rastiel

5,050 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Profitable 100

Parashta

10,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:39 pm
Gaia made ample warnings about the offers, and no one under the age of 18 is permitted to submit information to any of the offers I've seen (see their individual terms.)

These are for users who don't care about spam e-mails, and are intelligent enough to uninstall toolbars and clear out their computer after receiving their cash. Also, I planned on signing up for NetFlix to begin with, so I find that offer to be useful.

Basically, the entire thing is set up for adults with decent computer know-how who work around the spyware risk to earn some cash.

I don't mind it, and I'm having difficulty understanding why everyone is getting their knickers in a twist. If you're not intelligent enough to listen to Gaia's warnings to read the fine print and avoid the offers with less-than-savory requirements, stay the hell away from it and let those of us who have an idea of what we're doing gain the benefits of the offers.

Gaia's going in this direction, and will continue to pursue advertisements and offers of this nature... I hate to say it, but if it's such a difficult concept, it's likely that you'll be leaving Gaia very soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:08 pm
While I like the idea of being able to earn Gaia Cash, it's just this is a little iffy for me.

I just posted that people should be careful if they decide to try and earn the Gaia Cash.

Also, kids could just very well lie about their age on those 18+ offers. X_x..  

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:22 pm
A lot of the so-called free offers sound really suspicious. I don't like any of this at all. stare  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:42 pm
Captain Nazzy

Basically, the entire thing is set up for adults with decent computer know-how who work around the spyware risk to earn some cash.

Considering this is a pg 13 site that caters toward kids that is rather contradictory statement.

I wouldn't mind the third party sponsors if they were at least reputable sponsers such as the netflix one. However, it seems there are a ton of shady sleazy sponsors throw in there as well. Its underhanded.  

Null Chamber

sugar_spun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:23 pm
I find this new tactic disappointing actually, and besides most of the ones I've seen that have the highest cash reward are spending amounts that one could just buy gaia cash with and skip the paper work all together.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:12 pm
I know this is slightly off-topic, here, but Null, where did you get those adorable little stars on your avy? What are they, and how do I acquire them? They're cute!!!

On-topic: After scanning the offers, I've come to the conclusion that these offers are nothing more than a scam from Gaia to get more moneys from the advertisers, if not from us, and a HUGE waste of time.

So boo on Gaia for getting a poor Gaian's hopes up.  

Manda_Tifa

Rastiel

5,050 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:27 pm
Manda_Tifa
I know this is slightly off-topic, here, but Null, where did you get those adorable little stars on your avy? What are they, and how do I acquire them? They're cute!!!

They're Stellafruit from the item Keytarblade released from the GeeBoi Turbo RIG.

Naturally, they're really hard to get.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:33 pm
CoffeeFox
Manda_Tifa

They're Stellafruit from the item Keytarblade released from the GeeBoi Turbo RIG.

Naturally, they're really hard to get.
How sad. sad  

Manda_Tifa

Opossumbly

Undead Elder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:40 pm
Null Chamber
Captain Nazzy

Considering this is a pg 13 site that caters toward kids that is rather contradictory statement.

I wouldn't mind the third party sponsors if they were at least reputable sponsers such as the netflix one. However, it seems there are a ton of shady sleazy sponsors throw in there as well. Its underhanded.

First off, Gaia doesn't choose the sponsors. They're working through the best third-party client they were able to find (Fin has talked about this today in the GCD), just like how they do the advertisements. There are enough adults here, which is the focus for bringing in income, to make this a worthwhile venture.

Also, Gaia isn't and never has been catered towards children, where have you been? While it allows them to carve out their own place through the freedom of expression the site allows, Gaia has always been a site for young adults with a "fun side" and they've stuck steadfast to that direction since the beginning. This has been noted by staff quite a few times in posts and journal entries.

The more concerned parents complain, the more they make statements on it not being a site for kids via suggestive items, comics, and character interactions. Surely you've not being able to ignore the crude jokes and otherwise adult humor in the Evolving Item reports and item descriptions, all the sexually suggestive items, sexual jokes in the comics, and otherwise adult oriented features like guns, tobacco, booze, etc. and the more prominent they become the more people complain?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:35 pm
This is one of the more disappointing that Gaia took this rout for sponsorship. The offer for free Gaia cash is not going to be enough for me to go sigh up for things randomly.  

Selene Aries

Demian Mizire

5,600 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:11 pm
I didnt want to give out my social security number and phone number so never did it.. plus I`m allready part of netflix but it doisnt count cuz I joined gaia a couple months later. I did simuler things on SL before and regretted it,I`m not doing it again. doisnt often give you any money unless you pay anyways  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:03 pm
Null Chamber
Captain Nazzy

A handful are scams and/or install malware on your computer.  

Shaviv

F a w k s i

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:03 pm
Yay for having money to waste.  
Adult Furries Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out