Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)
Looking For A Teacher

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ringwiln

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:54 pm
The title says it all! I'm looking for someone who can become my Wiccan teacher^^
Basically, someone who can teach me about Wiccan beliefs, spells, erm potions....Everything!

Please PM me if your interested, or leave a comment if you have adivce.

Thank you very much!^^  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:40 pm
If you are looking to learn Wicca, the best thing to do is join the Yahoo Group Amber and Jet. They have a seekers list that you can join that can try to help you hook up with a coven that is accepting students and is at least somewhat conveniently located. You can also check Witchvox, but you will have to check each coven out carefully, as not all that claim to be Wiccan are actually Wiccan. Most are simply eclectic neo-pagan covens that are Wiccan inspired. This doesn't necessarily make them not valid, or not great groups, and I if you find one that works for you, then it may not matter if it isn't Wiccan. Sometimes just finding a good fit is the most important thing. Also you have to be at least 18, and in some cases 21 before a coven will accept you for training/initiation.

Otherwise, though we can share info, discuss and debate all we want Wicca in and of itself cannot be taught over the internet or from books. It requires face-to-face instruction, that takes a minimum of about a year (in many cases longer), and then initiation in a properly lineaged coven.  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:49 am
Ringwiln
The title says it all! I'm looking for someone who can become my Wiccan teacher^^
Basically, someone who can teach me about Wiccan beliefs, spells, erm potions....Everything!

Please PM me if your interested, or leave a comment if you have adivce.

Thank you very much!^^

There's a saying that goes "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.". Don't rush things. If you're meant to find a teacher of Wicca, you will. If you're a minor, you've got time to wait anyway.

FYI -
Wicca has no beliefs to teach.
Spells and potions are...like condiments. They're a part of the whole meal, but certainly not the major part, and they're not the central focus or concern. Lots of things come before magic on the
scale of importance.  
*~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games