Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply Main Forum
is it worth it????

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

candy!x0x0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:54 am
so I bought the sims 3, and all 3 of our stupid computers won't run it!! one of them, the only chance I have to get it running, is buy paying to get it updated. The last time I had to get a computer updated for sims 2 it ended up costing me around 70$! and I just cant afford that! I mean I have a job, but I can only pay for so much. is it worth it? or should I just make an attempt to download my old sims 2 games (that don't work on my old computer, but might work on a lap top) is the sims 3 really that good to pay another 70 dollars? or should I just sell it on ebay??  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:38 am
try reading about the new features, if you think it's worth it, get a new computer. if not, keep it until you really need to get a new computer and then install it.  

RebelGh0stZer0

Snarky Survivor

20,390 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Citizen 0

Simming
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:59 am
It's totally up to you. I personally love The Sims 3, hardy touch Sims 2 since getting it, and I had to upgrade so much crap on my computer to get it to work it was ridiculous, and I though my system was pretty good. My game was no cakewalk, had huge issues with crashing for awhile, and it was hell to install patches for me, but damn after all the crap I went though I still crave it. And thanks to many modders out there that have carried over to The Sims 3 have really made this game worth playing.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:38 pm
~*No matter where you go...
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
--------------------------------------------- heart

I like Sims 2 alot better, but yes, it is worth it

...I'll always be with you*~

Zexions D a r k Angel

350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

pineapple07

Tipsy Prophet

7,400 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:13 pm
It's really more a question of would you update your computer for any game. I don't play Sims 3 much but I've done a lot of upgrades to my computer for numerous games. My personal opinion is if it's just for one game than I would hold off, but if you play more than one game or your upgrades can be put towards other uses than go for it.

On a side note- $70 upgrade is pretty cheap, imo.  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games