Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:15 pm
So, I realized 2 things today...

1. My observation skills need work

2. They're giving us a chance to win the original gold halo (WTF!?)

For those who also missed it, bottom right hand corner:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/halogiveaway?fromhp=true

Thoughts?
Would you squirrel that thing away, never to see daylight for fear of all the beggars, scammers, and hacking attempts?

Would you announce your amazing luck in every forum?

Would you actually even wear it?

How crappy is it that only buying sh*t out of the cash shop counts as an entry for the drawing?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:28 pm
I would wear it though I would never reveal where it came from. Then down the line I might trade it for a few items that I really want that seemed impossible to get like a panda hat and nightmare minis or DJs.

Right now I have 19 entries so I do have a chance at winning albeit a small one. Still it is nice to think about winning such a prize.  

sometimesalways

Vice Captain

fxxkin demon

Razin Frostdrake
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:17 pm
heh that thing could probly get you 10 of any items you wanted from 03 xD except it's self  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:08 am
User ImageI'd probably keep it around for a while at least... prolly sell it eventually though. Personally I don't think it was crappy of them to make it a cash raffle, but that's just one opinion I suppose.User Image

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:58 am
Daffodil the Destroyer
User ImageI'd probably keep it around for a while at least... prolly sell it eventually though. Personally I don't think it was crappy of them to make it a cash raffle, but that's just one opinion I suppose.User Image

The only crappy part about it is all the people who don't have access to Gaia Cash. Other than that, it's fair enough for the people entered.

Raz: No kidding. You could probably ask for 2 of every other '03 item. I'm sure that thing would be a huge pain to trade though..

Sometimes: I'd imagine you have the same odds as winning the lottery >.<: Millions of Gaians, billions of entries.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:59 am
I don't know that it would really work for me, but it might be okay on another clotheshorse.

Though if you wanted to sell it, how likely is it to go? Can people actually afford to buy million plus items?  

Salmay
Captain

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:04 am
I doubt it XD
You'd have to trade it for multiple items, but how do you even put a price on something that's technically "priceless"?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:37 am
I guess the best way to sell it would be to auction it off  

Parasox v2

Neiina

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:05 am
blegh, the chances are so small and knowing me, I have NO luck.

for the most part I think anyone who wins the halo would keep it, it's priceless so why not show it off? I would fight with myself over it but I'd keep it. but all the stuff you can get with the gold $______$ heart heck you can build a solid gold house out of that amount..  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:21 pm
If I won it, I'd totally sell it for way cheap...
to someone I knew...
maybe.

I would definitely try to get rid of it though.
Maybe wear it once.

I tend to have terrible luck with gambling type things though.  

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:53 pm
I think the drawing should be open to everyone who want's to sing up...

I know they need money, I have nothing against the CS but sometimes all the only CS stuff annoys me xp

Tough you could think about it this way, the people who have the halo had to pay it coz it was a MC, right? So it is only fair that the person who gets it now also has to pay for it...

sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:04 am
Iehonatane

I know they need money, I have nothing against the CS but sometimes all the only CS stuff annoys me xp

Tough you could think about it this way, the people who have the halo had to pay it coz it was a MC, right? So it is only fair that the person who gets it now also has to pay for it...

sweatdrop

technically no, because the Halo was a DI so the people who got the halo was because they donated out of their good heart instead of now where we pay for the item.  

Neiina

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:10 am
Neiina
Iehonatane

sweatdrop

technically no, because the Halo was a DI so the people who got the halo was because they donated out of their good heart instead of now where we pay for the item.

Oh of course surprised didn't remember that.. then it maybe should be open to anyone.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:15 am
Iehonatane
Neiina
Iehonatane

sweatdrop

Oh of course surprised didn't remember that.. then it maybe should be open to anyone.

lol but this is GAIA XD why give it away for free when they can scoop some monies from it?  

Neiina

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:01 am
It'd be nice if they allowed one entry for everyone...
Though your chance would be slim...
at least you'd have a chance!  
Gaiaholics Anonymous

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas