Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
What is with tAkInG yOuR lEttEr sIzEs OuT oF pRoPoRtIoN

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

YHVHApostle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:09 pm
Along with adding "z" and "x" to the end and/or beginning of your handle?

The selfish illiterates give ME the burden of having to translate that into legible words by fixing all the capitalization errors.

Is this just some trend among teenagers? Or is the grammatical apocalypse coming sooner then we expected?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:39 pm
I don't know! Why do they do it? Does it not jut make the process of typing more difficult?  

Lyonette

Sachiko13

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:08 pm
Lyonette
I don't know! Why do they do it? Does it not jut make the process of typing more difficult?
Yes, it makes typing much more difficult, and it takes much longer. It makes for very secure passwords, but that's the only use. I think they're doing it in a traditional teenage urge to be "cool" and "rebellious" because the destruction of grammar is the only rebellion that hasn't been done yet.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:24 am

"Toggle Case" as it is formally called by Microsoft Word, is a form of making posts more confusing.

It's actually often used by Literate typers who want to confuse the illiterates. This is the same with using symbols in a post. It's supposed to be confusing. It just is. I don't understand why.

Psychotic Daizy Dukes

O.G. Gekko

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:06 pm
To me, that type of print has the feeling of "young, immature one trying to emulate anti-heroic cool."

Names like xxxblackrosexxx (Sorry if anyone actually has that name) are meant to seem dark, gothic, emo, or angsty. Pity it's so fashionable.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:55 pm
I don't know about everyone else, but the Occasional double capitalization for me tends to be an accident when typing extremely fast. Eg: HEider, thats just my pinkie being retarded and not moving. XD  

Dreamers Moon

Warlord Nygard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:20 am
Dreamers Moon
I don't know about everyone else, but the Occasional double capitalization for me tends to be an accident when typing extremely fast. Eg: HEider, thats just my pinkie being retarded and not moving. XD
Same here biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:03 am
Warlord Nygard
Dreamers Moon
Same here biggrin

Truth. I'm always having to edit my posts for that reason. XD  

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

Overshine

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:08 am
That kind of typing is actually very useful.

I've found it's a very efficient way to immediately (and correctly) gauge someone's intelligence. No starting a conversation or getting your hopes up, no disappointment. Just an unadulterated red flag.

I have no problem with it besides the eyesore. xd  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff