Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
and sadly, I knew what she was talking about...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do you spell tomorrow?
  tomaorow?
  2maro or 2moro,
  Tomorrow, because I can speak and write in English!
View Results

Stylish_n_Cute

6,050 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:13 pm
Quote:
wish in real life but only on gaia so ya its tomaorow yep u no how u said u would u no sorry i dont mean to be roud but u no

crying I actually knew what she was talking about... sort of. crying This is just sad. I guess some people didn't ever learn how to spell, or use periods, or to clue people in on what the subject is. Share your thoughts and interpretation of what this message says.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:57 pm
Quote:
wish in real life but only on gaia so ya its tomaorow yep u no how u said u would u no sorry i dont mean to be roud but u no

Here's my interpretation based on our conversation:

I wish [he was my boyfriend] in real life, but he's only [my boyfriend] on gaia. So yeah, [my birthday] is tomorrow. Yep! you know how you said you would [by me a present], you know. Sorry, I don't mean to be rude buy you know.

So even with my corrects, it's still not really in proper English with all of the "you know"'s  

Stylish_n_Cute

6,050 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Celestia25

Interesting Cat

6,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:59 am
That's a new way of misspelling it!! o_0 I've mostly seen people write it as 'tommorow'.
Where did you find this quote? Your interpretation pretty much sums it up, I don't think I would be able to interpret it in any other way.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:08 am
How is that pronounced? (Tomorrow, I mean) It made me think 'two-maow-row' Hm... I wonder if her brain was so disgusted it made a break for it in the middle of the night... biggrin GO, brain!  

Farrago

Proxy Codger

Stylish_n_Cute

6,050 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:48 pm
Celestia25
That's a new way of misspelling it!! o_0 I've mostly seen people write it as 'tommorow'.
Where did you find this quote? Your interpretation pretty much sums it up, I don't think I would be able to interpret it in any other way.

yeah, i've accidentally spelled it like that before. my friend sent it to me in a message cry  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:50 pm
randomluvsyou
How is that pronounced? (Tomorrow, I mean) It made me think 'two-maow-row' Hm... I wonder if her brain was so disgusted it made a break for it in the middle of the night... biggrin GO, brain!

haha! i sure hope so. i think it's pronounced two-may-row.  

Stylish_n_Cute

6,050 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Psychotic Daizy Dukes

O.G. Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:31 am

Well, dearie me. I'm typing on an old keyboard in India and I can type better than that. I'm rather disappointed.

And how the mighty have fallen?

"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff