Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims 3
WTH!? My save was erased!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LinkGirl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:55 pm
Okay, so I start up my game after a few days of not being able to play to find that my main saved game is gone! At least that's what I thought at first, and then I noticed the one file at the end that had no family picture (that "choose a family" picture) and wasn't loading a family name or description.
I tried loading the save but it wouldn't let me.
My other two saves seem to be fine, they're showing up and everything. But I barely played them.

Needless to say, I was VERY pissed to find that the save I had put hours and hours and hours into was gone. And it poses the question: what's the point? If there's a possibility that my save will be corrupted or erased or whatever again, why continue to play Sims 3 until this problem is fixed?

I haven't installed any mods or anything to the game; and the only thing I did between saving that game a couple days ago was install an official hair from The Store. I haven't played sims since then, so I'm finding it hard to believe this isn't a bug in the game.

Has this happened to anyone else?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:24 pm
Okay, after some research on the Sim forums, I found someone who had a similar problem as me, and here's my warning to everyone...
DON'T SAVE DURING PARTIES!!!
Seeing as this is what both me and the other person had done, I think it's semi-clear that saving during a party will corrupt your game.

Also, make backups of your games, even if your not doing any modding or anything, go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Saves and backup your saves to somewhere else. It will save you a lot of headaches if your game does happen to get corrupted.

But if you do find that your game is corrupted; you can try use the "backup" file that may have been created in the saves folder...
Sunset Valley.sims3.backup
Simply delete the ".backup" off the end and it will hopefully restore you to an earlier point in your game; it's not ideal, but its better than starting from square one again.  

LinkGirl

Elektric_Sugar_Pop

Fashionable Shopper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:57 am
I save during parties and that never happens to me.
I'm sorry that happened to you though!

I think there is a point to the sims 3 even if your save gets erased sometimes.
It is JUST A GAME, but it can be very relaxing if you've had a busy day. 3nodding  
The Sims 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games