Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
Feeling the ground shaking

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:07 pm
Has anyone ever felt the ground under them move without anyone else feeling it? Sometimes usually when I'm reading or at night, I fell the ground kind of "rolling" under me. I know I live in California so there are earthquakes every day, but it doesn't feel like an earthquake. It feels more like when you're going really fast in a car and then you stop suddenly and you feel like you were thrown forward. It's like the ground is that fast car. Nobody else around me feels it, but it sometimes makes me trip or spill something like it actually moved. Has anyone ever heard of this happening before?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:50 pm
Well... my house shakes a little bit when a big truck (like an 18-wheeler) speeds down the road by my house or when a jet flies anywhere close to my house. Maybe it could be something similar? It also could be that the people near you are just so used to it that they don't realize when a small earthquake-like rumble comes through.  

dark_angel_32189

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:52 pm
There's never really any trucks out here, though.We live pretty much in the middle of nothing interesting.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:21 pm
The last time I experienced something like you're describing, I had a bit of vertigo from being off of a medication. It might be possible that you have internal issues rather than this being a magical thing.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

raging-earth

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:20 pm
If I'm walking barefoot I can usually feel vibrations or a pulsing sensation under my feet. I consider myself an elemental witch that leans toward earth energy in particular, so I know part of it is simply me feeling the Earth's energy. But I also think it's also me feeling the vibrations of all the people and transportation devices moving on the Earth's surface near me. A bit of a mix between both, I guess.

...i'm drawing my own history.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:01 pm
Hmm I have the feeling of dropping when I am laying in bed and drifting off to sleep. Or dazing out in the sun and my body compulsing on its own. But I have never felt the ground shake as if an earthquake was going on bellow my feet while no one else felt it.

GoddessAttuned

Mind-boggling Fatcat

Emerald_Angel28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:17 pm
I've heard of it a few times. The doctor that I work for says it can be a sign of diabetes. I'm not saying you have it or anything. But that's just what she says. But I've never personally felt like that. I have felt like the world is spinning even when I'm healthy and just sitting on the ground. Kind of makes me dizzy until I blink. Then it's gone.  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games