Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Gaels?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

doistu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:02 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Current argument ensuing!! Help!

Lol. Basically this guy I'm talking to is claiming to be a Gael because he's irish and can speak Gaelic.
I was under the impression one had to participate in the closed culture of the Gaels in order to be one and thus, worship the Gael's deities.

Could this possibly be confirmed or denied so I can round the conversation up. I tried scouring M&R with little success sad . Sorry for the stupid post haha

And Happy Summer Solstice! If anyone wants to see my summer solstice altar it can be found here, at my youtube channel:
Youtube Channel: Witchietho  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:59 pm
I'd go to a Gael with that question. I know of two on Gaia. scorplette and CuAnnan, think I spelled those right sweatdrop . AS Gaels they would be able to answer that question quicker then anyone else I personally know. And Cu can usually be relied on to provide a source.  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:14 pm
The 2 threads that come to mind that might have some of the info in them already are...

Druids
Sidhe...

And you may want to poke around the PFRC as well, if not your best bet is to ask CU or Scorp.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:05 am
From what I've picked up listening to (well, reading) Cu....

Yeah, there are particular traditions etc you have to participate in in order to be of the Gael. The language is definitely a part of it but I think (and I'm sure Cu's mentioned it somewhere) that every Irish kid has to learn Gaeilge in school. So while that's an aspect of Irish culture, Irish =/= Gael.

That's something else that he should know - the language is properly called Gaeilge, not Gaelic. wink

The gods of the Gael only accept worship from the Gael. Technically you could worship them anyway but they wouldn't accept the worship and probably wouldn't like it. It's also pretty disrespectful. But not all of the Gael are Pagans. I think quite a few will be Catholic.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

doistu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:34 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sanguina Cruenta
From what I've picked up listening to (well, reading) Cu....

Yeah, there are particular traditions etc you have to participate in in order to be of the Gael. The language is definitely a part of it but I think (and I'm sure Cu's mentioned it somewhere) that every Irish kid has to learn Gaeilge in school. So while that's an aspect of Irish culture, Irish =/= Gael.

That's something else that he should know - the language is properly called Gaeilge, not Gaelic. wink

The gods of the Gael only accept worship from the Gael. Technically you could worship them anyway but they wouldn't accept the worship and probably wouldn't like it. It's also pretty disrespectful. But not all of the Gael are Pagans. I think quite a few will be Catholic.

GAEILGE!!! That's it! Hehe I knew that was something hehe. Ok guys thanks. I shall be doing digging now hehe xxx  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games