Reply Chatterbox/Humor
Switzerland

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:53 pm

I heard somewhere that in Switzerland when you come of age you are required by law to own a gun complete with training and some sort of enlistment in a civilian militia. If you are of age and don't have a gun you can be arrested or something.

Anybody know if this is true? If America tanks and this is true I think I know where to move. biggrin
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:59 pm

Mandatory military service for a year for men, and then you keep your service weapon for a few years. Or something like that.

However, you won't be moving to Switzerland anytime soon. They're more a**l about their citizenship laws than the Japanese; there are people BORN IN Switzerland that don't have Swiss citizenship. (Yet somehow all the Muslims keep getting in....)

There are three reasons nobody ******** with Switzerland:
1. They don't give anyone a reason to ******** with them.
2. They live in the mountains, which is a b***h to deal with, even for aircraft.
3. Their whole country is a militia.

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:23 pm

Desert_Fox_Rommel
I heard somewhere that in Switzerland when you come of age you are required by law to own a gun complete with training and some sort of enlistment in a civilian militia. If you are of age and don't have a gun you can be arrested or something.

Anybody know if this is true? If America tanks and this is true I think I know where to move. biggrin

Yeah, mandatory enlistment.

It's been working for them. s**t, a SIG 550 when I turn 16 or 18 and do some military training? That's... ********' awesome. Besides, when was the last time Switzerland was ever in a war?

I don't hear of any school shootings or mass murders over there in Der Schweiz.
All of Switzerland is a big, "******** you" to the antis.

Muslims get in because denying them would be racist.
:/
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:45 pm

OberFeldwebel
Desert_Fox_Rommel

It's been working for them. s**t, a SIG 550 when I turn 16 or 18 and do some military training? That's... ********' awesome. Besides, when was the last time Switzerland was ever in a war?

i'm not talking about letting them INTO the country, I'm talking about them getting citizenship. A country so a**l as Switzerland about it's citizenship can't be called racist if even people born in Switzerland of Swiss blood can't get a ******** Swiss citizenship.

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:58 pm

Requiem in Mortis
OberFeldwebel
Desert_Fox_Rommel

i'm not talking about letting them INTO the country, I'm talking about them getting citizenship. A country so a**l as Switzerland about it's citizenship can't be called racist if even people born in Switzerland of Swiss blood can't get a ******** Swiss citizenship.

Oh ok.
So they're not giving them citizenship or are they?

Oh, those ******** will surely call it racist. They'll just ignore the fact that they reject native born Swiss and just say that they're racists that don't accept Muslims as citizens.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:59 pm

If anything else we can include this idea in rebuilding America when the time comes.

Desert_Fox_Rommel

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:42 pm

Desert_Fox_Rommel
If anything else we can include this idea in rebuilding America when the time comes.

Indeed.
Certainly could help.

One thing though, I heard the Swiss are pretty strict about the ammunition.
Should be a bit easier on that.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:02 am

OberFeldwebel
Desert_Fox_Rommel

Before Columbus, but not by much. 1653. The aggressor was Switzerland, and the defending party was Switzerland. The war was over in exactly six months.

The nice thing about Switzerland is that if you claim Conscientious Objector status, you can't own a gun, and you have to serve what would have been your military service in the civil service, cleaning the streets and the like, or 'unarmed military service', I think they call it... desk jockeys and such.

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:21 am

Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Desert_Fox_Rommel

Before Columbus, but not by much. 1653. The aggressor was Switzerland, and the defending party was Switzerland. The war was over in exactly six months.

The nice thing about Switzerland is that if you claim Conscientious Objector status, you can't own a gun, and you have to serve what would have been your military service in the civil service, cleaning the streets and the like, or 'unarmed military service', I think they call it... desk jockeys and such.

Yeah, that's a pretty long streak of 'peace'.

... ok, nevermind.
I'm no longer the Conscientious Objector of this guild.
You can find someone else to do that, here's my ceremonial chrome plated shovel, I hope you don't mind that I got it stripped and blued.
I'll take my job back as a self proclaimed Technical Sergeant.
Chatterbox/Humor

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games