Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Organ donation and reincarnation?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:07 pm
So, this thought came to me today as I was people watching.

For those of you who believe in reincarnation, do you think that organ donation has any bearing on how or when someone reincarnates again? Do you think that act is viewed as favorable or unfavorable by one's gods? Do you think one might be rewarded for choosing to donate organs, as it is an act of helping to prolong and better the life of other people?

I guess donating blood could be discussed as well. Blood magic or the use of blood in one's magical tools (i.e., runes) is known as a powerful thing. So how does the potential power of blood affect, in your opinion, donating?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:50 pm
Honestly, I don't think it would affect you to much, Because i think it would be taken in favor.
Though, some gods/religions might not support such thinks because they might take it as interfering with someone's "time".

I guess it would depend on your faith. =3  

Artistic Genocide

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:07 am
I don't think it's related to anything like that in any way. Theoretically it might tie your wyrd to that person in some way but I don't really feel like it would in any significant way.

I suppose I think that you separate yourself from what you're donating. You give it away in such a way that you have little to no connection to what you're giving. You can't ask for it back. wink I've donated blood and that's sort of how I felt.

I don't think you'd get rewarded for donating organs. I don't really understand why you would. It's not like you're using them anymore. And if you are, you're donating to keep that person in your life. It's totally selfish wink I can't see really why the gods would care either way.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:32 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

In terms of reincarnation I don't think the body affects the soul and how it goes on. Essentially the body is a vessel that you keep your soul in and then when the vessel expires your soul lives on and is reincarnated.

Peoples bodies change constantly as a result of day to day life and actual acts. If you ride horses, for example, you can actually grow another bone in your thigh. Or an actual act might be doing something like having plastic surgery (no thanks lol).

I am an organ donor and I want my body to be used for good once I'm gone. So if I'm able to give an organ as I gift then I will. Not to get something for being a good person...but because its right to protect and preserve life if I can.  

doistu

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:31 am
There has been anecdotal evidence that in some cases, particularily with heart transplants, the recipient begins displaying characteristics of the donor's personality. Whether or not that means anything, I don't know.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:15 pm
Morgandria
There has been anecdotal evidence that in some cases, particularily with heart transplants, the recipient begins displaying characteristics of the donor's personality. Whether or not that means anything, I don't know.

-nod- I've heard of that too and that's where I get my question about organ transplanting possibly affecting reincarnation or other afterlife things.
Is it just residual energy from the donor? Or are small pieces of soul or whatnot still intact there?  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:33 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
Morgandria

-nod- I've heard of that too and that's where I get my question about organ transplanting possibly affecting reincarnation or other afterlife things.
Is it just residual energy from the donor? Or are small pieces of soul or whatnot still intact there?

It's possible there are soul fragments remaining attached to the organs. Soul fragments get stuck or lost in the oddest ways sometimes, and supposedly everybody has lots at least one or two somewhere and somehow in their life.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:44 am
*shrug* My belief in reincarnation is nonstandard in that it moreso describes a biological fact, but in that, it would most certainly influence it. Clearly one's organ isn't going to decompose and "reincarnate" into something else like a stone or the air or a tree if it's being used in some other human body.

At the same time, our cells die, rearrange, rejuvenate constantly anyway, so in a sense it's a moot point.  

Starlock

Katsumi Aki

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:26 am
doistu
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

In terms of reincarnation I don't think the body affects the soul and how it goes on. Essentially the body is a vessel that you keep your soul in and then when the vessel expires your soul lives on and is reincarnated.

Peoples bodies change constantly as a result of day to day life and actual acts. If you ride horses, for example, you can actually grow another bone in your thigh. Or an actual act might be doing something like having plastic surgery (no thanks lol).

I am an organ donor and I want my body to be used for good once I'm gone. So if I'm able to give an organ as I gift then I will. Not to get something for being a good person...but because its right to protect and preserve life if I can.

I agree entirely.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:52 pm
Well, the only thing I can think of is that your wyrd might entwine with the other person's, and maybe you'd be somehow held accountable if you saved an evil person's life...?

Personally, though, I don't think the body or donating its organs has much--if anything--to do with reincarnation, as the soul is reborn, not the body. I don't think you'd get especially rewarded for it; even if you donated to a total stranger and never saw them again and felt you did a very nice and reward-worthy thing, the gods would say, "Yeah, you should be doing nice things all the time." XD

[ Nicolette ]

6,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:06 pm
[ Nicolette ]
Well, the only thing I can think of is that your wyrd might entwine with the other person's, and maybe you'd be somehow held accountable if you saved an evil person's life...?

You made me think twice about becoming an organ donor with that one sentence, good job xp
I don't see why it would really make a difference. However, I wasn't a donor in any of my past lives, so I wouldn't have any real way of knowing. I think that the Gods would just be like, "Whatever, you're dead anyway." Because you are dead so there's nothing for the organ to do anymore.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:10 pm
I don't personally think it would have much effect in either direction.

However, I can understand how it could if your God was part of a culture that believed the spirit was in some way attached to your living body, so long as that body's cells are still "living". And in that case it may interfere with reincarnation. But I don't know of any culture that is that strict in that believe, though.

...i'm drawing my own history.

raging-earth

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games