Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
System Shock 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:21 pm
Finally got the title to work on Windows XP. So far, it's pretty friggan awesome (if you dont mind the dated graphics). You can see a lot of things in the game that Deus Ex expanded on, and in terms of atmosphere, even with its old 1999 graphics, it has a lot of modern games beat.

If you can get this game, and make it work on your computer, I highly recommend you do, and if you like this game, be sure to check out Deus Ex, which in my opinion is even better (which is saying alot, SS2 is fantastic)  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:40 am
Im pretty sure Bioshock uses the same play style and structure. Since it was based on the roots of the System Shock franchise.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:53 am
I've read that there are quite a few similarities between System Shock 2 and Bioshock - more specifically that Bioshock is a lot easier (free respawn chambers, no cost for hacking, possible to max out your ability, no enemy respawns), lol, but I'll definitely be playing Bioshock soon.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:15 pm
Actually there are a few spawns, especially for the Big Daddy's. Uuumm... you can make it extremely hard on yourself also by turning off all the life chambers off.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:27 am
So I've been playing this game, it has a great backstory, great concepts, beautiful scenery etc. I was going through it like I would in a normal game, playing conservatively, saving my ammo and med kits and whatnot.. until I realized, you die and get resurrected with 0 penalty at all.

I didn't even die at all until I was fighting my 4th or so big daddy and I got reckless and thought I'd test out the vita chamber. After that i just let myself die a lot since there's no penalty, lololol

If I complete the game and still like it a lot, I'll try going for the hard mode no chambers achievement.

Plus the only respawns I noticed were big daddys, and they don't attack you unless you attack them (unless that changes later on)  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games