Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Creating Spells

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silfy_Steller

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:22 am
I'm in need of advice.

Long story short, I've been mentaly devising a new spell, I'm not too sure on all the details yet but I needed to know if any of you think it would work.

Here are the details I have worked out.

It's meant to charge the body with energy of the night. It envolves using blood.

Heres an example of how one would perform said ritual.

First, have a circle cast, best if done after completeing a different ritual. Before closing the circle, simply cut ones finger, or whatever suits you. As the blood flows out say something along the lines of. "As I give my blood into the night, let the night give itself to my blood."

It's meant to give you a bit of nocturnal energies to use during the day.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you think I could make this work? Anything to tweak? Or is this a lost cause?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:54 am
Silfy_Steller
I'm in need of advice.

Long story short, I've been mentaly devising a new spell, I'm not too sure on all the details yet but I needed to know if any of you think it would work.

Here are the details I have worked out.

It's meant to charge the body with energy of the night. It envolves using blood.

Heres an example of how one would perform said ritual.

First, have a circle cast, best if done after completeing a different ritual. Before closing the circle, simply cut ones finger, or whatever suits you. As the blood flows out say something along the lines of. "As I give my blood into the night, let the night give itself to my blood."

It's meant to give you a bit of nocturnal energies to use during the day.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you think I could make this work? Anything to tweak? Or is this a lost cause?

What do you think this spell will achieve, and why?

What exactly IS the 'energy of the night'? Are you drawing one a particular aspect commonly ascribed to the Night, or darkness in general, or is this a wide-open call to whatever wants to answer as "Night"?

Why do you think we don't access nocturnal energy during daytime, when we charge ourselves in it while we sleep? People have a balance of day and night in themselves at all times. What purpose requires you to attain more 'Night' over 'Day' energy? What's the difference, to you? Consider that you may bring yourself discomfort during daytime by altering this balance within yourself.

What kind of ritual do you think would be appropriate to attach this working to? What part of this spell hinges on being attached to a ritual, or to being inside a space removed from our own physical space and time?

Why are you casting a circle? If you intend the circle as 'protective', why? What sort of negative attention do you think this spell will attract?

Why blood? There are other ways to ingest or absorb energy into the body - what significance does blood have in this case? Could something else better represent what you're trying to absorb? Use of blood is very very personal, strong - and dangerous, if you aren't experienced and very prepared for the possible consequences.

I think you have a lot more thinking to do about this. Get more details nailed down, think very clearly about what you want, and clearly understand what you're doing and why. Spells need to be done with proper attention to detail - don't leave it vague, or open to interpretation. Be aware, as well, that what you -think- you're asking for may not be what you're -actually- asking for. Phrasing a spell properly counts for a lot.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Silfy_Steller

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:25 am
When I said night, I mostly meant that I'm more on the nocturnal side of the craft, I prefer working in the night as it has less mental disturbances, and I feel more at ease.

But you raise a bunch of good points...thanks for the input.

Guess I should get a little more experience under my belt before trying to create a spell of any form.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:26 pm
Morg has pretty much covered the important stuff. 3nodding It's linked in the Library as well, but there is a Ritual Creation Worksheet, that might be helpful to you. It's obviously geared to rituals, but it still gives you a good outline of things that you may want to ask yourself while putting together a spell.  

ncsweet
Crew

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games