[PRP] [Araiya x Mawi]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:27 pm
When it came to his dearest mother, she was usually too busy coddling his sister to pay much mind to what he was doing. Not that Araiya was complaining. She left him and his brother at the paws of their father, probably not realizing Mtembei had the backbone of a slug with his sons.

He spent plenty of time with them, yes, but to Araiya his father felt more like a friend than a parent compared to Kitambi. The company of just 'his boys' was more like a relief effort. Women were exhausting, he'd told them once, always sure to stress how much he loved their mom and their sister after comments like that.

When the trio were together they mostly did 'man things'. Sleeping, eating, belching and other things that would have girls making faces. Which was fine with him. Girls were gross and annoying (not counting mom, of course).

One could say outside Kitambi's company Araiya was severly lacking in the discipline department.

They would be right.

All his free time was spent the same as all his supposedly not free time. There had been prodding about him doing this or doing that, and sometimes he even assured the pursuer he'd get right on that. But, in the end, no matter what he was asked to do, Araiya always ended up in the same place.

Sleeping on a log, like a log.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:34 pm
Mawi Mai was up pretty early this morning while she was wandering out of the den the morning she was trambled on by her bundle of cubs they were all excited this morning, but they didn't know she had her drum hanging around her neck so while she was standing there thinking about what she had to do that morning she ended up with her beloved drum on the ground with the skin half off a few teeth off of it. Then after taking care of four little cubs who were crying because of breaking said drum she finally had them all calm and she was off to find new things do hold down the skin on her drum.

She sat under a tree, her shakers shaking loudly as she started to put new teeth carefully into the drum. Examining it a little extra making sure that there was nothing else wrong with it. She held her drum with the same value as her family it was very important to her.

She looked up from what she was doing, happy with the fact that there was no cracks or rips she grinned and slipped it back on her neck, thats when she spotted a cub. She knew of this cub, she didn't know the name of it but she knew it was one of Kitambi's cubs. She smiled softly and trotted up toward him, he was bigger from the last time he saw Kita and she talked about her cubs. "Why hello there little one." She called out as she trotted up to him.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:47 pm
Mawi may not have known his name, but he sure knew hers. Not just her, but everyone else. He knew what their name, what they did and in most cases tidbits of their personality. Why father insisted he know all this he had no idea, nor the attention span to try and make sense of it. His sister was the one going to run the show. Why should he care?

After one eye opened slowly, lazily, he peered at her with the most annoyed of faces. Was someone going to interupt his 'me time' again? Psh. Just because he'd had six straight hours of it in a row didn't mean that was okay to do.

"Heeey," he greeted slowly, his tone far from welcoming. "I dunno where my mom and sister are, if you're looking for them to do... important woman stuff."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:41 pm
Mawi looked over the cub she was wondering if he had yet to go on the drum quest yet, she knew that she hadn't taught him how to make a drum, then again she knew her mother had all the same rights to teach the cubs to make drums, so maybe he could have just went to his mother. Gah she wasn't that sure but it wouldn't help but to talk to him. But she noticed his unwelcoming tone but it wasn't going to put her off, she was actually going to ignore it.

"I'm not really looking for them." She laughed softly shaking her head before looking down at him. "What is your name?" She asked as she watched him she was wondering if he would be up for some teaching, he would need to know some parts of the pride wouldn't he? then again he probably already knew a lot. She shrugged all of her thoughts off before nodding at him. "Tell me have you been on a drum quest yet? I'm curious." She chuckled softly before shuffling her paws, the sounds of her shakers following the movement.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:26 pm
Forget annoyed. Araiya was getting mad now. Did she really plan to stay here and bother him like this? Bah. Women. He'd never understand why Dad kept telling him to be so nice to them no matter what. Not counting Mom. Mom wasn't really a girl.

"Araiya," the juvenile responded impatiently. "No, I haven't done anything like that. That stuff is for the girls. Mom doesn't care what me and my brother do."

Okay, so he was lying. But so what. If she didn't know his name who was to say she'd know that either?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:06 am
Mawi was starting to get just slightly annoyed herself. She was really trying not to let it show, she tried to be nice, relaxing the best she could and keeping a smile on her face. "Araiya! Ah! I've heard you're mother talk about you before." Then her brows scrunched for a moment. "Excuse you? It is NOT just for the girls little one." She reached out a paw and ruffled his mane, a frown on her face. "That is for ALL of the pride and if I'm right you ARE part of this pride." Her voice was stern, and still very much annoyed.

She shook her head and looked down at the cub her face slowly getting more annoyed. "Look, Araiya, Your mother cares about you. Trust me. She has mentioned all of you before. She cared about all of you." She stood up for a moment then sighed. "You know maybe she might 'care' about you a little more if you showed more interest into your pride and its traditions. I've seen cubs who know less about this cub show more interest." She flicked her tail behind her shaking her head. She was ready to leave, she was thinking about it but she was going to wait just a little bit more to see if he acted any different before she wandered away.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:24 pm
There was no sense of personal space in this stupid place. Araiya briskly repaired the damage done to his beloved mane. Some might have labeled it a fur tuff, but oh no, it was very much a mane like his father's and he was very proud of it, thank you. That was what separated the men from the boys, and the women. That and drums.

Was she still here?

"Lady, you got it wrong." Boy, did she ever. He didn't want more of his mom's attention. It's not like he was jealous. Just because Nantale took up most of everyone's time because la de da she was going to be in charge one day did not make him jealous.

Fine. Maybe a little. A very little. Not quite enough.

"Yeah, well, maybe if you guys had cooler traditions I would care. It's not like I can sing or do any of that weird stuff dad does."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:24 pm
Mawi looked down at the cub and made a face. She shook her head again, she had never seen a cub in this pride think that way of the pride. She had even seen some cubs that had rumors about them not being able to hear music, more interested in the pride than he was. This kinda confused her.

"If you say so." She said to his denial about not being jealous. She flicked her hair out of her eyes and rolled them a bit. She was getting very annoyed herself. "The traditions in this pride are cool. You should be proud of her pride."

"I mean even if you don't agree with the pride so much at least you go the protection, the least you can do it try." She shook her head again. "Look, I'm gonna leave you to your lazyness, if you want to know anything about the pride then come find me." She looked down at the cub, starting to move back toward her den. She moved a little slow however, with a sligh hope that the cub would call out for her to turn around and teach him. But she wasn't that sure how that was going to end up.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

[IC] Nchi'mahadhi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces