Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]
[PRP] The way things used to be (Kijinga,Tamu,Teleka,Ny) FIN Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shia bean

Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:12 am
(Just outside the Firekin lands, technically)

User ImageToday she wasn't feeling up to par.

They'd been scouting the boarders of the Firekin land for months now, finding no sign of life which ever way they want. They needed acceptance, they wanted to speak to someone who could get it for them, but nothing seemed to be working in their favor. Their leave from the pride at the start of the separation must've angered the Gods; they were being punished.

Or so Kijinga figured, Tamu'meka was on different terms with the idea of pride and even his mother. No longer did he even want to belong to the sandy plains. He'd explored the misty jungles and crags and was more determined now than ever to never be a part of the mundane life style that was his childhood, bt his mother was very spiritual still, and was consistent in her warnings not to further upset the higher powers.

So Tamu needed a break, and had gone off by himself to hunt for the two of them while Kijinga 'protected' the makeshift den. She nestled herself beneath a few large leaves and branches while keeping her eyes keen to the dunes before her. It was a new day, and yet the same old ways were still set in her mind, the same aspirations embedded deep in her goals.

There was little on her mind normally, but today brought on new thoughts and realizations as she often thought she could make out the dark form of a familiar male. The pain rose, and the sobbing began as the emotions she often held back from both her son and herself rose up and exploded as emotions usually do.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:32 am
User Image Today might be different for today there was a dark male on the horizon heading without realising in the direction of someone he thought was lost for good. He hadn't expected to ever see his mate again though he had missed her so much that he had become withdrawn. The pride splitting and then rejoining was painful, his beliefs were still strong and so certain and he had become stronger though half of one ear was now missing.

He had shut everyone out including his daughter. He adored his daughter, he did love her but he was now withdrawn and so she was just another thing to take out his anger on.

It took a while before his eyes landed in a bright red figure and he didn't even dare hope it was who it was. He thought she may have been killed in the fighting, it was the only thing he could have brought himself to believe. The idea that she had left without him hurt too much to bear but then again his son had gone to, surely they hadn't both been killed? He didn't want to think about it and so he didn't.

He continued walking towards the bright red figure and the closer he got the more it looked like her.

"its not her." He growled to himself and continued moving forward starting to hope but yet pushing that hope away at the same time.

Remove

Shia bean

Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:05 pm
She had turned her attention to the rest of the sands till the red figure that approached was no longer distorted by the heat waves of the desert. Though winds did not twirl in her favor, what did pass her way was distinct and threatening all the same. Alarmed by his steady walk, the female rose to a defensive stance, letting out a low hissing noise in case he was near enough to hear.

Even with her movements it would seem the lion was not deterred, and he came forth just as he had been. Now, his features were more apparent and the smell was far more familiar than she first anticipated and as she could finally make out a face through those old eyes she bore, the portion of her stomach that always ached no matter what meal she had began to churn, viciously.

It was Teleka, older than before with wounds new to Kijinga, but it was him; the mate of old, the love of her life, the missing piece to the broken family! For years she rarely thought of Teleka, only when Tamu's mane flew in the breeze or when cloudy days brought heavy and lonely rains. Outside of the dismal hours in her life, she was kept preoccupied by the son she loved, and the mouth she had to consistently feed, herself. And even when she did let her thoughts linger on her mate, there was never hope that he’d be found, and she was never one to promote conversation in her own head on how she'd reintroduce the pair...it never crossed her mind to assume he would ever want to see her again.

But he approached her now, and with movements that could easily be friendly or angered; there was no way to justify. Looking on, unable to move she would wait for the lion to be just ear shot away before dipping her head, or uttering his name aloud,

"TELEKA!"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:29 pm
Teleka continued to walk towards her and the closer he got the more she looked like Kijinga. No. It can't be.

Then she spoke.

"Kijinga?" He just stopped, unable to move or say anything else. There she was. She was right there in front of him. Kijinga. She looked amazing, she was beautiful, just like he remembered her. He had counted his blessings that Ny didn't look much like her mother but he seemed to have forgotten what she looked like a little because wow she really was stunning.

"Is it.... is it really you?" He stuttered a little and if anyone who had seen him these past few months saw him now they would wonder if it really was the same lion. He looked shocked, confused, amazed. There were so many emotions covering his face all in a matter of seconds.

"Kijinga...."

Remove

Shia bean

Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:55 pm
He looked changed, aged, but still so handsome as he stood and spoke her name not once, but twice. She could melt by the tone he held, so strong even as it mingled with the stun they both felt. The silence was tangible, the excitement suffocating.

Kijinga's hind legs quivered as her weight rocked back and forth. She'd never had to experience anything like this, to lose something and then have it given right back to her; for so long she thought she was looked down upon by the stars, it nearly made her waver on the truth of the heavens at all. So filled with emotion, it was nearly enough to send her flying at him and to rub against his mane and broad shoulders for the first time in a while.

Locked at the knees, the lioness stayed and let her serene smile give him all the euphoria she felt. "It has been a while."

There was no telling what he felt through those shocked eyes and rigid muscles, there could be a mate and cubs walking behind him and Kijinga wouldn't even notice. She wouldn't risk approaching him, unless he motioned her to.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:05 pm
This was awkward. It shouldn't be but it was.

"Kijinga..."

He really couldn't get over the fact it was her and though maybe it was a little bold he walked towards her and nudged her to make sure she was indeed real. Her scent filled him with happiness and the best thing, she didn't smell of anyone strange. However there was another scent on her but it mingled with hers well and so he assumed she had their son.

"Where have you been?" He was so happy to see her but yet the anger of being left not knowing whether they were alive or not was still very much there. For now though it was being pushed aside, he was so happy to see her and he hoped oh he hoped that she still wanted him because he so so wanted her.

Remove

Shia bean

Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:24 pm
She reacted to his nudge with a soft push of her own, the feel of his warm body intoxicating; she never wanted to part from it. But he spoke, and she was sent reeling a step back, sighing before her answer. It was as best a time as any, "I...left."

Apparently, she caught herself and continued on, "When the split happened...I left with Tamu, and we've been wandering the land surrounding the sands for quite some time. I--I don't have much of an excuse to leaving you, though..." Kijinga had not lost her quickness to get right to the point, and though skirting the topic that was at hand sounded nice, Teleka deserved whatever truths there was to admit. "In the heat of the moment, in my selfishness, in fear I ducked out of the line of fire and we escaped the turmoil."

"I was terrified, of both leaving and staying and when the fights broke out and the war began my body led me to the boundaries where I found safety. I was a coward to have gone, to not have stayed by your side and ensure both of our safety. You deserve no buts," Leaning in, Kijinga breathed and took in all that was her mate, and a sickening punch was landed to the heart she clutched on to. "--But, my guilt for leaving has never failed to rouse my troubled soul and I have longed to see your face again even if it is when you are filled with hate and disgust for me. I have forever been the love of Teleka, Firekin has always been my home and I have abandoned both my passions. Yes, Tamu was there to hold me up, to be my crutch but I should have always put my mate before my son, before myself. I always thought a life without you would be no life at all, and having lived unaware of your existence for all this time has torn me to pieces. You can say whatever it is that ails you, whatever cruel things need to be said for I do deserve it, but it has been the greatest blessing to see you again. I will thank the Gods every day for this moment;" Her breath caught, and a sob seemed to take its place.

"I have never stopped loving you, Teleka."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:39 pm
He was about to have a go, to question her and show how angry he was but as she spoke he fell to pieces. She did have the right to run away, if she had been hurt, if she really was dead, he wasn't sure what it was he would have done. He would have been lost forever if that were true. He had always hoped though he dared not to. It had been so hard but here she was and she still loved him.

"I thought you both died... I couldn't find your bodies so I hoped but... it seemed so unlikely that you had escaped the fighting." He just watched her.

"Your brother... he was killed by his son. The pride has changed so much Kijinga, Finar-si is not real to Kidondo and they have got rid of royalty as well." He had to tell her, though part of him told him that he should be shouting at her or something but he loved her and he couldn't, not to her.

"I have missed you so much Kijinga, I love you so much but the Firekin is not the pride that was feared by many. Rogues are joining constantly. It's not the place we were born." He let out a soft sigh. Things had changed so much.

"Ny is still here though her mate has vanished as well yet she is strong, stronger then I am at least."

Remove

Shia bean

Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:08 pm
“We got out just before the huge outbreak began; but…” her pause came suddenly, and her eyes dropped to the news.. “Was he…” the highs and lows always seemed to come at once for her and new cries mixed with the old, her bellows crippling her and sending the legs outwards in a flattened sprawl. “Was it by those rebels? It must have been, Tamu wanted to join their side, against the supreme but I was torn. Oh and look what has happened now. Where has the proud lions of the old days gone, mingled now with the brute, young tyrants who have taken over what we’ve called home…Ny, this is good news that she is still strong even with the separation, that is more than what I can say too, Teleka.” Her words were prolonged, exaggerated, and hung with sorrow.

She ached, again, every bone and muscle tense with the pain and with her eyes to the paws of her mate, the lioness sighed. “For so long I wanted to return to the pride. I knew the change, I figured the losses, but I did not think of the hurt this would bring. I feel it, and I was not there to witness it.” Letting her gaze travel up the forelimbs of Teleka, she stared at him directly now. “You have endured so much more, I am so sorry Teleka. So, so incredibly sorry.”

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:13 pm
"Kimeti was killed by the rebels in a way but it was his son, the prides leader now Kidondo that actually killed him. Ny stayed with the rebels though I have learnt she still believes in the old ways but she said she could see reasoning behind what they were doing and that it was best for the pride but I am still not sure I agree." He had followed Kenna and become bitter and it was quite possibly that bitter that meant he couldn't see any good within the new firekin.

"Where is Tamu now?" He skipped her apologizing again, they had to move on now.

"If you are returning, I have our old den, it was still empty when the prides mingled once again, we can call it home again."

Remove

Shia bean

Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:34 am
She could feel his anger, and the more he spoke the more she wanted to curl up and beg forgiveness; but she’d done too much wrong to him to be let off the hook easily. Scooting to her rump in embarrassment, Kijinga listened with her eyes kept on the face of her companion.

”She is a wise girl, to see both ends of the spectrum. To be good with change as well as she is. Tamu left a few hours before you came, searching for food. Normally I hunt with him but I decided to stay behind today, or he decided rather.” Her nose wrinkled, a half smile surfacing on her lips. It hadn't occured to her that the marks she'd left behind were still there, and the notice of their old den brought up pleasant feelings. “I’d love to return to our old den, Tamu should be returning soon and would enjoy seeing you first, I believe. I fear he won’t stay around the pride much longer than a month but…there is always hope.”

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:51 am
"If he doesn't wish to stay then that is up to him. One of our grandchildren has left to join a neighbouring pride." He left for a girl but he didn't mention that. Teleka did not approve with breeding outside the pride and so he shunned Intuthu, not that he ever really spoke to the boy anyway.

"Are you planning on staying then?" He had to make sure he wasn't about to loose her again. He really did still love her even if it didn't seem likely. He adored her, she was beautiful and there standing in front of him. He didn't want to loose her again. He had missed her so so much.

Remove

Shia bean

Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:36 pm
She had assumed that much.

His disheartening response to Tamu’s possible leave made the old lioness’ knees shake. She wasn’t too dissatisfied with her son’s ‘weighing of the options’ to feel the full effect of a mother losing her baby to the real world. Life was taking its toll on Tamu, he had none with Kijinga and she knew that, but did not regret spending every day she did with him.

As selfish as it was, she would never apologize for keeping close to his side for this long. Turning her attention to Teleka, the female sighed and smiled, a relief in her eyes that was not there moments ago. “I won’t lose you again, I’m here for good.” And just as it had been quite straight forward of the male to approach Kijinga, she let her body lean into his in an embrace she hadn’t felt in so long.

He was her mate, she was his and together they were so happy. She’d seen how the world looked when you lost something so dear, did not know where it could have gone to or if it still existed and to have the chance to do it again, well, she wasn’t about to complain.

Through the thicket a dark figure arose, crept quietly into the scene and tilted his head questioningly.
“Mother?” The boy chimed, his eyes linger on the bright lioness before regarding the male she clung to. “Teleka.” His tongue rolled on as he breathed the name heavily, almost contently. It had been so long, so many months had passed and here stood the reuniting of his family; or at least the better half of it. Teleka reminded him of his sister, and those thoughts were not worth recalling right now. Instead, he focused in on the darker lion, one with the matching mane.

“It has been some time now, hasn’t it.” The tone of his voice held authority, held the strength of a matured adult. He was worth listening to now. His limbs brought him in and closed the gap that separated the lot. Whether or not he had ruined any sort of moment between the two, Tamu did not care. He knew his mothers condition upon leaving the pride, and leaving her mate and had no idea what had been said or done, leaving him nearly as wary as he would in the presence of a stranger.

Quirking a brow, he spoke again, “Good to see you again father.”

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:38 pm
Teleka was shocked, by the sudden embrace of his mate though he let it happen. He allowed her to lean into him and he cherished that moment as it was one he never had expected to have again. A smile crossed his maw and at last he was actually happy.

The voice of a stranger shocked him. How could he have been so unaware? However when he turned to look and saw his son there, he didn't know what to say. His son looked, so... big. It was to be expected really, Ny had already had a litter of six so of course her brother would be bigger as well but then he just hadn't expected it.

"Tamu." He spoke his son's name in greeting. This was becoming one rather strange day.

"It has been a while and it's good to see you too son." Teleka was shocked, even though he knew that his mate had told him about his son possibly leaving soon it was still too much to take in. If only Ny was here too....

And she was coming. She had seen Ra recently though she hadn't told a soul. Her mate, her beloved but then he had gone again and so everything had returned to how it was.

It was only a coincidence that her family was having a large reuniting party in her favourite sulking place and so when she climbed over a dune and saw her father she had let out a long sigh and that was before the bright red lioness came into view and then her brother.

She would know her brother by sight no matter how old they were.

"Tamu." She whispered to herself and ran straight down at him. It were as if she was a cub again and so she ran hoping to pounce him as she reached him.

Remove

Shia bean

Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:30 pm
The same voice, the same features, it was his father alright but the scene felt strange; the same sort of awkwardness was held here as it was when Kijinga and Teleka reunited. There shouldn't be any, but there was. It was nice to hear his name said in that familiar tone again though and in response the male approached with a few stable steps before halting and swiveling his head between the two.

"You look pleased, mom." Switching his gaze instantly, Tamu grinned smugly. "Was always nice seeing that smile on her face, huh?" bright lion chortled, her weight being placed on her mate slightly. She had grown thin in her words, relying on the two males that were the basis of her life to speak it out between one another.

And if fate could play any trickier a card, it would be this one. In the distance came the sound of familiar steps, passing on a wind that could only emphasize her coming. Tamu turned his head, as Kijinga did hers and both seemed to settle back on their hind paws a little more. (Tamu falling flat on his rump!) He remembered his past with Ny, the cruel cub play and the feisty female that she was but even with all this he was desperate for her presence. Just to speak with her again, find what she was doing all this time; that would be enough! His movement was sudden and as she came down that dune toward them, he felt pulled to her and ran as quick as he could in her direction.

"Oh, Ny." Kijinga sputtered, looking up to Teleka to check his features. How did he feel now, with the family so tangible again?

[IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff