Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Duke Nukem For-Never

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will Duke Nukem Forever ever come out?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Puflwiz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:33 pm
Seriously Its been almost 14 years and only a couple of screen shots And a bit of footage is available. I know that 3D Realms was supposedly shut down but that was an misinterpretation it was actually just a lawsuit that they dropped. But really 13 YEARS?!?!?!?!

If it ever does come out it better be one hell of a game  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:31 pm
Actually the game is still in development. By the same people who have been working on it 13 years ago. The group is just really small right now and i personally think the game will not meet present day game requirements.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:44 pm
Original Poster: Your timing is pretty bad, not so long ago 3Drealms released more footage of Duke Nukem Forever, and they're supposedly working on the "trilogy pack" as well, which will probably be 3 smaller different games. And this time, they're serious. Supposedly.

Tron: wtf are present day requirements? The only real requirement these days is if you're on the 360/windows live or PS3, to have achievements. If you meant standards, then it really isn't all that hard to meet them if you have a talented graphics team.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:19 pm
I'm actually pretty sad to hear that this game has been picked back up. No offense, but most games that have been in development as long as Duke Nukem Forever rarely turn out good. Take a look at Too Human; it was in development for about ten years, and it was less than mediocre.  

Haratio TaFotter

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:08 am
nitnit

standards

Thank you! that was the word i was looking for.

And yes it will not meet todays standards. Especially with Duke Nukem being a character from back in the day with his kinda lame one liners. If you look at what kinda sells, the trend shows that games that have a main set group, instead of a super one man army, tend to do better. The same also goes with movies. You no longer see movies like Rambo being made and blockbuster hits anymore.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:48 pm
Master Chief, Chris Redfield (in 1 player sheva is useless), the guy from prototype, and tons of others disagree. They are all one man armies for the most part.

As for his lines being lame, that's his whole appeal. He's intentionally a hyper masculine testosterone fueled maniac. The dialogue is intentionally hilarious, as opposed to some of Fallout 3's and Resident Evil 5's which is unintentionally hilarious.  

nitnit
Captain

Puflwiz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:56 pm
Haratio TaFotter
I'm actually pretty sad to hear that this game has been picked back up. No offense, but most games that have been in development as long as Duke Nukem Forever rarely turn out good. Take a look at Too Human; it was in development for about ten years, and it was less than mediocre.

I beg to differ. Just look at Team Fortress 2  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:23 pm
Puflwiz
Haratio TaFotter

I beg to differ. Just look at Team Fortress 2

Ok ok, I'll consider that the one exception to the norm. I loved that cartoony look to the final product.  

Haratio TaFotter

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:59 pm
nitnit
Master Chief, Chris Redfield (in 1 player sheva is useless), the guy from prototype, and tons of others disagree. They are all one man armies for the most part.

Thats the keyword "for the most part". They are still part of something bigger. What is Duke Nukem apart of? The SPAB(Stripper Protection Anounimous Bureau)?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:35 pm
Look, if you talked about how generic FPSes without an RPGish gimmick, or games that aren't pretty enough won't make it I'd agree, but this argument of the one man army not being liked anymore just isn't going to fly with me. Sure, you can argue "but in halo the marines help you" - unfortunately, half of the time the marines get in your line of fire and die.

So I hereby state - agree to disagree.  

nitnit
Captain

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:51 am
Well the only way we can settle this is when DNF finally releases 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:24 pm
I agree ... Good day!

lolololololololololololololololol  

Puflwiz

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:44 pm
Duke Nukem Forever may have some hope, Cliff Bleszinski may purcahse the rights to develope and publish the game finally. I mean the game is kinda right up his alley.  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games