Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:12 pm

but a knife and gun shop.

That's right, a KNIFE AND GUN SHOP. In an AMUSEMENT PARK. I took one look at that marker on the map, turned to my brothers, and said "WE ARE GOING HERE RIGHT NOW!" Then took off like a kid to a candy store.

Turns out it was slightly false advertising. They had real knives, alright, and some damned good ones too. But the guns were all replicas of revolvers made before 1900, as well as two modern derringers and two Winchester repeaters. They CLAIM the guns don't fire anything, but they also sell blanks which I have a suspicious feeling were for those replicas....

Anyways, couldn't buy any of them. Had to be 21, and they're all upwards of $90. Also, would have been hard to walk around Knott's Berry Farm with one very realistic replica revolver strapped to my thigh. Did buy a dummy .45 Long Colt round for my bullet collection, though.

Also, they had a museum for tools and weapons that the pioneers would have used. One problem, though- they had a WWII-era Arisaka rifle in the case. I lol'd, and so did my brothers (they know nothing about guns, but have played World At War).

Anyways, Knotts was great. Went on the most insane coaser I've ever been on- Xcelerator. It propels you from zero to 82 MPH in two seconds, and the hill's completely vertical, both going up and coming back down. No loops or such, and it was very short, with only very steeply banked turns, but the sheer speed more than made up for it.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:06 pm

Wait, wait, where is this?

Tier One OPERATOR

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:03 pm

Horrified Survivor

About an hour's drive from Downtown LA in Orange County. Knotts started off as a tiny chicken specialty restaurant that grew into a big amusement park.

Unlike the larger Disneyland/California Adventure (which is a few miles away), this park stayed true to the founder's vision. You can still eat in the original restaurant.

They even built a 100% full sized copy of the hall where the US Constitution was written! Most people miss that because they're all about the rides and s**t.

I know a bit about this place because one of my relatives used to work security there.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:56 pm

The one good thing about the area of my home mrgreen even if the stuff there is marked up about 00 and is mostly cheap Chinese s**t. I do like the rubber band guns that they have there though.

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Tier One OPERATOR

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:03 am

Floyd
Horrified Survivor

About an hour's drive from Downtown LA in Orange County. Knotts started off as a tiny chicken specialty restaurant that grew into a big amusement park.

Unlike the larger Disneyland/California Adventure (which is a few miles away), this park stayed true to the founder's vision. You can still eat in the original restaurant.

They even built a 100% full sized copy of the hall where the US Constitution was written! Most people miss that because they're all about the rides and s**t.

I know a bit about this place because one of my relatives used to work security there.
Sorta like a California Wall Drug? Although Wall Drug doesn't have a gun store, it does have like three knife stores.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:46 am

You should've taken pictures.

and if it shot blanks, they can still say it doesn't fire live ammo.

Dilver Dollar City has a pioneer general goods there that sells black powder rifles and pistols, plus toys and knives and suh.

And no kidding they sold pre 1900 s**t, it was a pioneer town.

Inquisitor Brock

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:59 am

Inquisitor Brock
You should've taken pictures.

and if it shot blanks, they can still say it doesn't fire live ammo.

Dilver Dollar City has a pioneer general goods there that sells black powder rifles and pistols, plus toys and knives and suh.

And no kidding they sold pre 1900 s**t, it was a pioneer town.
Only camera I had with me was in my cell phone, which doesn't have very good resolution, and I'd have no way of transferring the images from the phone to a computer.

And I figured it wouldn't fire live rounds. You'd have to be stupid to even try.
Chatterbox/Humor

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games