Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply -•`~The Roleplaying Realm~`•-
The Fall of Man(Horror/Intermediate) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Look good?
  Yeah!
  No. Not really.
  I've got some ideas I'd like to share.
View Results

Hellfire Champion
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:13 pm
WARNING!
This RP is rated PG-13. Not for the faint of heart.

STORY:

October 4, 1998

"...Are they ready?" A man asked.

The scientist sitting at the table looked down at the petri dish. The specimen was swimming around the liquid. He was sure that the DNA code was perfect. All that remained was a small test... then he could be sure. The scientist grabbed a syringe and stuck the needle in himself. Drawing out a small amount of blood, he dripped the blood into the dish. The specimen quickly swam into the blood and slurped it up. As it swam, it emitted an inky black substance in its wake.

"...Yes. They are ready." He answered, smiling a humorless smile. The plan was finally coming to fruition... fifteen years of hard research, sleepless nights, and arduous fieldwork had finally manifested into this wonderful creature.

"Wonderful. We shall meet again at Sunset Express next week, Simon." The man standing above the scientist ordered, "

"Yes, my lord." Simon replied.

The scientist reached into the pool again with the syringe, and began to draw the specimens carefully into the tube. Then, he stuck the needle in himself and injected the specimens into his own arm!

Simon stood from the chair, "My lord... this is it, isn't it? When we can finally have our revenge on the world..."

The man smiled, "That's correct. If only... HE shared our vision... But it doesn't matter now. Next week... is the beginning...of the fall of man."

Today, 10:30 P.M Wednesday,Oct. 11, 1998 ...

Jack was sighing. This was how he was going to spend his first day? As an ambassador to Great Britian?!? What a boring job. Oh well, considering the desk work his friend had to go through at home to get to where he got in only a day, he was lucky.

He looked out at the window, not that there was much to see. It was pitchblack, and rain was assaulting the glass, blocking any view of what lay beyond the window. Oh well, tomorrow he leaves for Great Britian, so hopefully things would get more exciting.

At the top of a hill, overlooking the track....

"Soon, the whole planet will tremble before my power," Davian said, smirking, "This is my final test. If this succeeds... then our destiny will be fulfilled."

"I'm so excited!" Davian's wife, Elaine, said, "Will we truly have our chance at redemption with this?"

Davian leaned over and kissed his precious wife, "Without a doubt, darling. tonight, we shall punish mankind for their sins. Tomorrow, we will show this world our power."

"I can't wait!" Elaine said.

"Watch, my beloved," Davian said, "Watch, as judgment comes to claim these filthy humans..."

Davian reached into his pocket and pulled out a radio, "Release the swarm, Simon," he said.

"Yes, my lord!" Came the reply...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:24 pm
PROFILE SKELETON:

Gaia Name:
Character Name:
Bio:
Appearence:
Personality:
Theme song: (Optional)
Quote: (Optional)

ACCEPTED PROFILES:

Gaia Name: Chaotic Ghost
Character Name: Jack Alstrom
Bio: Jack was born to riches. His father, the head of the U.S Foriegn Affairs Department, had raised him to be in the force. Taught how to handle a gun and knife at the age of 5, Jack has shown prodige levels of accomplishments, and was quickly accepted into the force at the startling age of 19. Jack was set to be in the foreign affairs dept, but dropped out and joined the U.S Army. He said he'd rather be on the front lines, fighting for U.S freedom. Due to his social status, he became an Ambassador, much to his frustration. He was on his way to meet with the Great Britian officials when the disaster hit...
Appearence: Jack
Personality: Is a kind and warm man, and always looks out for others. But he never lets his big heart get in the way of his line of duty. However, he never talks about his past. He never even thinks about it. What kind of secret could he have?
Theme song: Citizen/Solider: 3 Doors Down
Quote: "I'm not giving up and any of you. We're ALL getting through this!"

Gaia Name: Otulissa
Character Name: Trista Owens
Bio: Trista lived at home, and she hardly ever saw her parents. They only worked, and when they came to visit, on those rare occasions, they would only pay attention to her sister Shannon, and not Trista. Shannon was a beautiful girl -- blonde hair, blue eyes, perfect skin and a perfect smile. But... she was not a very nice person. Trista's parents and her sister were very abusive. Finally, Trista somehow gathered the guts to run away from home. She has successfully run away for a few weeks, and is hoping to continue living as a runaway.
Appearance: Trista
Personality: She is a rather melancholy and depressed person. She is not quick to trust, and is extremely suspicious and weary of others. She comes off as timid and scared at times, but her only true fear is her family.
Theme song: Naraku no Hana by Eiko Shimamiya
Quote: "The future is looking pretty bleak..."

Gaia Name: Kyground
Character Name: Isaac Armine
Bio: Living alone for five years has been rough on Isaac. His mother had died when he was born and his father was little drunk in the car one night. However, Isaac rarely seems effected by it, though it means he’s had a few experiences too early. It is part of the reason he’s already worried himself white (hair).

In high school Isaac had a focus on science courses and eventually settled on medical, though the dream is a bit far off.

Now in barely in collage, Isaac has many friends and many ways to compensate for ‘life skills.’ He's been told by his friends that they find it a little weird. Isaac usually passes it off as them being used to mooching for so long.
Appearance: Armine, Isaac
Personality: Laid-back and usually happy all the time, Isaac let anything get him down. He is a bit of a worry-wart though, if he knows the person well anyway. He is very protective of his friends, throwing people around that attempt to hurt them. Otherwise, he has very few triggers for anger or sorrow, though when he does he tends to hit extremes. Anger: you can almost feel the temperature drop. Sorrow: You have to be on suicide watch. Don’t ever touch his food though.
Theme song: Cool Guys Don’t Look at Explosions; by Will Ferrell and Andy Samburg
Quote: “Don’t worry about it, it’ll all work out. It always does.”  

Hellfire Champion
Crew

Hellfire Champion
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:41 pm
Curent Location: Sunset Express train

SYNOPSIS:

((Since we haven't started yet, there is none yet. But check back here if you missed an important event!))  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:11 pm
RULES:

Follow All Gaia TOS and all rules set by this guild. Read them if you need a refresher.

A few extra things to keep in mind:

-Don't overglorify your character. This makes it look like the story revolves around you and only you. Don't make your character a total badass and go around acting all awesome and in command. This just annoys everyone and no one likes it.

I will not tolerate inactivity. Vanish for over a week without telling me why, and I WILL delete your profile, and you will not be allowed to RP in this RP again. You haven been warned.  

Hellfire Champion
Crew

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:04 am
((This sounds like a GREAT RP! biggrin Reminds me of some other ones I've done, but nevertheless, still awesome. ^_^ Good luck! I want to join...but not quite yet. I need to make sure I can commit to it. xD))  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:21 am
((OPEN!!!))

Jack sighed and leaned back in his chair. This sort of political mess just wasn't for him. He hated being the Ambassador to Great Britian, even though he hasn't even hit the airport yet...

He looked around, everyone was having dinner. Jack wasn't really hungry, so he opted only for a Diet Coke and some crackers to suffice as his dinner. He was in the VIP section, but he looked only like a commoner, dressed in casual jeans, a black skin tight t-shirt, and brown leather jacket. To the rich and wealthy, he was a commoner out of place.

He didn't mind. At sunrise, they'd make it to the airport, and he'd leave them all behind.

The engine room...

"Hey, buddy..." One of the crew asked, "You okay?"

A crewman suddenly started coughing and scratching all over himself, "I don't feel so good..."

"All this smoke is getting to you, man," the first crewman said, "Here, I'll get you to your room, where you can relax a bit. I'll get you some water."

"No..." the sick crewman said, "I need... I need..."

"Need what?" The first crewman asked as he reached out and touched the sick crewman on the shoulder, "Come with me, dude. You're not right..."

Suddenly, the sick crewman coughed violently, and bits of saliva connected with the first crewman's hand.
"Ew! Yuck! That's gross, man!" the first crewman said, "You're gonna get us all..."

Suddenly, the first crewman felt a terrible itch in his hand. He scratched it, but it only seemed to make it worse...  

Hellfire Champion
Crew

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:19 am
Trista sighed as she sat huddled in the Sunset Express train, third class. She had sold the jewelry that she had brought with her as a runaway to get enough money to get a train ticket. She didn't care where she was going; she just needed to get far, far away from her hometown. She was afraid that her parents or sister would bump into her. She had spotted her sister Shannon walking around, and she had quickly ducked into an alleyway so her sister would not find her.

Anyhow, now Trista was on a train. In her section, everything was so cramped! She was sandwiched between a cold window, and an old and fat woman. The woman was snoring loudly, and Trista was getting annoyed. She sighed, and whispered to herself, "The future is looking pretty bleak..."

She gazed out the window, watching the melancholy landscape roll by at a steady pace. The sky was covered in depressing gray clouds. Then again, Trista was always depressed; it did not matter if it was sunny or not.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:20 am
Jack whined as he finished his drink. He wanted another one...

Luckily, a waitress was walking by at the time. He held out his empty bottle and asked, "Can I have a refill on Diet Coke, please?"

The waitress wrinkled her nose at him, obviously displeased by his commoner appearence, but she took it anyway. But as she walked away towards the end of the train, she said, "Diet Coke gives you cancer, you know..."

Christ responded by calling after her, "EVERYTHING gives you cancer these days!"

Just then, a flash of lightning, followed by a boom of thunder reached them. Jack had never been afraid of a thunderstorm, but tonight was just... too eerie. Perhaps... because this storm felt just like... last time. Jack leaned back in his seat, thinking about last time. When he was in that lab... when the experiment went wrong, and then...

Jack shook his head. No, don't think about it. It was behind him, and it was time for him to move on. Jack sighed as he leaned back in the chair and waited for his refill to arrive.

At the front of the train...

"Anna! What's wrong with you?" Fiona, the waitress that took up Chris' drink asked.

Anna, a second waitress, was scratching her arms madly, "I'm so... itchy!! I feel so... sick!"

Fiona put down her tray and went to help the poor girl. She took her by the arms and said, "You must be sick. Here... let me help you to your cabin..."

Anna looked at Fiona for a second. Her eyes flashed an emotion she had never seen in Anna before. It was... hunger.

Suddenly, Anna lunged out and bit Fiona on the forearm!

Fiona screamed, "ANNA! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!?"

Back at Jack's car...

Jack's ears perked up. He heard the scream. The entire train heard the scream. What happened?!?

Jack stood up, "What, she was getting my Coke, but suddenly she had a baby? Why else would she scream like that?"

The joke didn't seem to fall very well on the other passangers. Oh well, Jack's jokes always sucked, so his dad told him.

Jack decided he was going to check it out. He felt the gun at his belt, for safety purposes. The staff recognized Jack as Police, so they didn't take his weapons.

He made his way across the cabin and entered the front of the train. As he passed the rows, he noticed all the concerned faces and were looking towards the cabin for employees. Jack reached for the knob, turned it, and slowly opened the door, "Hey! Is everything oka- What the hell?!?"

There were about a dozen employees on the ground, not moving. It was as if they were all asleep! He saw a twitch here and there, but the majority of them were not moving! And.. there was blood! Blood on the emplyees, and on the ground!

Jack looked around, what had just happened...?

He noticed a waitress bending over another one. Her face was to the back of the other waitress, so Jack couldn't see their faces.

"Hey! Are you alright?" Jack asked, approaching the women, "What's going on?"

Suddenly, Jack heard a horrible tearing sound, and he saw a pool of blood slowly grow from the downed waitress.

Jack jumped back, instinctivly drew his gun, and aimed it at her, "Stand up!" he ordered, his policeman's stature taking over, "Put your hands behind your head, NOW!"

The woman slowly stood. It was then that Jack noticed many different cuts and scratch marks on her skin. As she turned to him, Jack almost dropped his gun.

The waitrees had no eyes! They were all white! Her skin was gray, and covered in scratch marks!

She moaned, and started limping towards Jack...  

Hellfire Champion
Crew

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:29 am
Trista heard the scream, and jumped in surprise, accidentally whacking the snoring woman beside her.

"Ow! Dammit, can't I get some freaking sleep?!" the woman yelled, waking up and glaring at Trista.

"Oh, I'm so sorry! Sorry, ma'am!" Trista apologized, her head bowed down. "I'm sorry...I'm so sorry."

"Yeah, whatever," the woman said as she stretched her arms.

The man in the seat in front of them turned around and yelled at the fat woman, "Didn't you hear that scream?!"

"Huh?" the woman yawned. "Nope."

Trista confirmed the man's question, "Yes, I heard the scream! It was loud...and it sounded extremely painful... what was it?!"

Everyone around Trista shrugged and looked scared, not knowing what was the cause of the scream. Confused whispers echoed throughout the train as thunder struck.

"Maybe we're being hijacked!"

"Or someone could have been murdered..."

"Oh my God! Maybe someone fell off the train!"

"Mommy, I'm scared... Wahh!"

"Shh, shh...it's all right, dear..."

"What the hell is going on?!"

"I wanna get off this train..."

Trista sighed as she listened to everything. She was shocked at first, but now her surprise was wearing off. Whatever was going on, it was better than going home.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:18 pm
Jack staggered backwards, still aiming the gun, "F-freeze!" he shouted, "I said FREEZE!"

But the woman ignored him. Jack looked into her eyes as she trudged towards him. They were just emotionless, white orbs. They seemed already... dead.

Jack had no choice. He pulled the trigger.

The sound of the shot blasted through the entire train! The bullet hit the woman right between the eyes, and fell to the floor. Jack lowered the gun. If there was anyhting that he WAS good at, it'd be shooting. Jack was a natural crackshot, so he was great with a gun.

The crowd near him started to panic. Jack had to remedy the situation before anyone went insane. He faced the crowd and held up his I.D Badge, "Jack Alstrom, FBI," he announced, "Don't worry, the situation is under control. Now, I just need you to stay calm, and do not panic! Now, listen to me,"

Before Jack was able to continue, he heard a scream in front of him. He looked to a young boy pointing behin him and whimpering. Jack turned around.

That woman was still alive! She was slowly starting to get to her feet! Jack raised the gun again, but before he shot, he saw movements behind her.

The other people in that car! The ones who were unconcious, slowly began to rise! It was as if they were... zombies!

Dammit! Jack didn't have enough ammo for this!

"GO! GO! GO!" Jack shouted, "Everyone, to the back of the Train! GO!!"

The crowd, in a panicked stated, hastily followed Jack's instructions and leaped from their seats to rush to the back.  

Hellfire Champion
Crew

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:55 am
Trista heard a gunshot, and she started to feel nervous. "What the heck is going on?!" she wondered out loud. Everyone in her train car jumped out of their seats, panicking. She stood up, calmer than most.

All of a sudden, a bunch of people burst through the doors of their train car.

"What's going on?!" some people in her car asked.

The people who had just run in were obviously from the First Class area. They screamed, "It's an emergency, and we were told to run to the back of the train! "

The third class car is the back of the train,
Falia supposed.

She heard people conversing in chatter, both the first class and the third class.

"So, what's going on, ma'am?"

"OH MY GOD! There are these...freaky zombie things!"

"People have gone beserk!"

"Is it a terrorist?"

"Oh, no, the gunshot was from the FBI..."

"FBI?! This must really be an emergency!"

"Oh, God..."

"No! I left my stuff by my seat..."

"Don't even think about going back to get it!"

"Wahhh...Mommy, I'm scared!!"

"Shh, hush, dear, we'll be okay... I think..."

"..."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:18 am
It took awhile, but Jack was able to get the crowd as far back as they could go while avoiding those freakish zombie-like creatures! He slammed the door shut and sighed, "Okay. We're safe now."

Jack turned to face the crowd, "I don't know what's going on, everyone, but you do as I say and we all work together, we'll get out of this situation, understand?"

No one said anything.

At the head of the train...

Simon stood over the corpse of the conductor. Now, the train was his, and all his. He laughed as he walked over to the window and peered out. Despite the wind, rain, and darkness, Simon could see clear as day. It was no doubt due to the power he had given himself.

Up ahead, he saw his destination. A bridge. Simon walked over to the controls and pulled a lever.

"Sinful human..." he muttered, "Face judgment."

Back at the back of the train...

Suddenly, the train lurched, knocking everyone off their feet! Jack was the first to recover, "What the hell?" Jack demanded, standing up, "The train is... speeding up! Who driving this thing? I've got to check."

He looked out the door, and to the numerous moaning monsters just beyond, "But I can't go that way... It doesn't look like I have a choice..."

He turned around and made his way through the crowd. As he was moving, he notiticed a young civilian girl. She seemed alone, but she looked a lot calmer than the other passangers, which impressed hm.

Well, he hoped that her parents were on the train somehow. Anyway...

As he reached the back, he brought his foot up and, with a grunt of effort, kicked out the back window.

Amid the storm going on outside, he shouted to the crowd, "I'm going to stop this train! But I need you all to stay here, am I clear?"

Again, he got nothing. Jack sighed, then said, "Just don't go anywhere!"

He turned around again, and climbed out the window, turning to face up, and then grabbed the top corner of the train and pulled himself up.

Jack was now standing on top of a speeding train. The wind, rain, and darkness all conspired against him. But he had to stop this train! If it was speeding up, he didn't think that the conductor had the best idea in mind...

Hellfire Champion
Crew

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:23 pm
Everyone in the back of the train grew silent, but it was obvious that no one was calm. They're eyes darted about, or they sat shivering. Some stood staring blankly ahead, deathly frightened.

However, Trista simply stood up calmly, her back against the wall. Anything was better than going home was the way she saw it. Even if a horde of zombies burst through the windows, she would not be frightened - although she admitted to herself that she would probably be a bit taken aback. Or perhaps very taken aback, depending on how shocking it was.

Anyhow, the FBI agent, Jack was soon with everyone in the back of the train... but the train lurched suddenly. Trista fell to the floor, and then hastily struggled back up on her feet, gripping one of the seats with one of her hands, and then soon recovered, standing there with a calm facial expression despite the danger. Everyone was silent as Jack said "Just don't go anywhere!" One child sniffled, hiding his face in his mother's clothes.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:00 am
Gods, this was nuts! But Jack didn't have any choice. Jack had to crawl on his stomach to prevent the gusts from knocking him right off. Jack slowly crawled over the train, praying that he wouldn't slip and fall off.

The trek was gruesome, and Jack made frustratingly little progress. And after thirty minutes of crawling, Jack finally reached the conductors room. Jack leaned over the side, and smashed out the window. He, with a single motion, swooped over the side and into the window.

Soaking wet, but otherwise fine, Jack brushed away his dirty blonde hair that he could see clearly. And once he did, he gasped.

There was the corpse of the conductor right in front of him! It looked like his throat had been slashed out, and blood was flooding the floor. If Jack hadn't been used to seeing dead bodies, he probably would have been sick right then and there.

But his stomach was stable, and Jack looked ahead.

There was another man standing there, his back to Jack, "Put your hands in the air and slowly turn around!" Jack ordered, drawing his pistol.

But on the inside, he realized something, s**t! My gun's been in the rain! Its soaked! I hope it can still work...

The man ahead of Jack started laughing.

"What's so funny?" Jack demanded.

"Oh, no need to worry about me," The man said, "Soon... you'll have something much worse to worry about..."

Then, the man turned around, and Jack almost dropped the pistol.

The man had a massive gash on his chest! It was so huge, his rib cage, heart, and all his internal organs were visible! Jack, upon further inspection, found that something seemed to be... moving... inside his body!

Quick as lightning, the man drew out a pistol and aimed it at Jack, "Tonight, the human race begins its downfall."

"What are you talking about?" Jack demanded, leveling the pistol again.

"I have no need to explain my intentions to you," the man said, "Only know this, the human race is heading to extinction!"

With that, the man actually flicked his pistol to his own throat, and pulled the trigger! The man collapsed on the ground and ceased to move.

Jack was shocked that the man did that, but then again, anything will shock him in this nightmarish night...

Suddenly, he heard a massive explosion off in the distance! What was that? Just when he asked that, he felt the sound of the train tracks change. Jack had been on enough trains to know that they were on a bridge. And wait... if there was an explosion, and they were on a bridge...

"s**t!!!"

Someone had blasted the bridge! They wern't gonna make it over!

Jack had to get back to the others, but those monsters were in the way! He didn't have a choice, he had to go back the way he came!

Jack climbed out the window again, and he crawled his way back to the back of the train. The wind was on his side this time, so he was able to make it back in about a minute. Once he was there, he shouted to the crowd, "Everyone, listen to me! The train tracks have been blown, and I'm gonna have to get everyone out of here! I need you all to jump!"

He quickly turned around and smashed open a door leading off the train. Immediently, the wind pulled all the passangers and objects to the exit. Most passangers, mostly the third class, since they weren't afraid of jumping like the upper class were, had already bailed out.

"Go! Go! Go!" Jack shouted, but right when he did, he felt the ground give way...

The train had gone over the blasted bridge!

Everyone floated up into the air for a second, then... CRASH!

By a miracle, the caboose of the train had caught on the broken track, and was dangling there.

Jack looked up, and saw that the train was caught, but they were far from safe. He quickly grabbed the doorway, heaved himself up, then saw that they could grab the tracks and climb on them.

Jack leaned over the doorway and reached out his hand, "Give me your hand, I'll pull you up!"  

Hellfire Champion
Crew

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:50 pm
Trista was in the large group of third class people who jumped, some flailing their arms as if it would help them fly away from this freakish terror.

Trista did nothing of the sort, though. She simply jumped out of the train, letting herself fall to the grassy ground by the tracks. The fall would obviously leave some bruises, but the pain did not get to her. She was already numb, emotionless.

The little child from before whimpered and cried softly into his mother's shoulder as she held him close. They were sitting up now, near Trista, who suddenly sat up as well.

She felt a pang of emotion deep inside, a sort of pity and sadness for the child nearby her. He truly was scared, and he reminded her of a frightened little kitten. It was a sad thing indeed. Trista wondered why they were on the train, why everyone was on the train. They might have been on their way to a new home, or on a vacation, a relaxing trip perhaps. And a twist of fate had settled them all into a tragedy, a traumatic tragedy indeed.

Trista assumed that the child would be scarred for life because of this incident.

Trista noticed how the upper class people hesitated to jump. She found them pretty stupid to hesitate, since they obviously were not suicidal people and were people who obviously wanted to live. It annoyed her how they hesitated, that momentary pause before jumping, even after the FBI agent yelled at them to jump and save their lives. Trista let out a drawn-out sigh, and then yawned softly.  
-•`~The Roleplaying Realm~`•-

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff