Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
I know we talk about this all the time

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maelthra Reloaded

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:02 am
But I need a carry knife, something that I can cut open cardboard, plastic banding, methheads and crazy Ex-girlfriends, rope, etc. Whatever I might come across in an overturned semi trailer. I was using a standard replace-able blade razor but I kept breaking them off, so I'm thinking fixed blade or stout folding blade.

Requirements:
belt clip
Strong
not too expensive  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:14 am
Spyderco makes some surprisingly affordable knives. You might take a look at what they have to offer. Last I saw they had a couple of their Cara-Cara models on clearance for $20.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Crash Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:42 am
CRKT, Clicky  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:50 am
I second CRKT.
Specifically, I reccomend the M16 series (I have an M16-13Z)
They are built tough, and the blades are high-carbon steel. The only downside is that because the steel is so hard, once you lose the edge, it's hard to get it back.

If you're just looking for sharp, however, I reccomend the Smith and Wesson "Cuttin' Horse". I won one in a competition, and it's replaced my CRKT as my daily carry. It isn't as fast to deploy and the blade is a little shorter, but it's MUCH sharper. It's stainless, so it shouldn't rust, and it can take an edge better (if you ever wear the edge down) AFAIK. And I'm pretty sure it's cheaper. It's a rearlock, so I don't use it for heavy duty. I use the liner-locking CRKT, which has a lock that keeps the blade from closing.  

uryu ishida

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:26 am
I don't know much about knives, but mine's a Schrade with a stainless steel blade.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:48 pm
I'd like to get a butterfly knife, but I don't want to get some Chinese tin s**t, or prices jacked up for preban.  

Barru

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:03 pm
Requiem in Mortis
I don't know much about knives, but mine's a Schrade with a stainless steel blade.

Same here. forget what the model is, though. I've tried to replace it with other "better" knives twice but its always outperformed them.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:55 pm
ArmasTermin
Requiem in Mortis

Same here. forget what the model is, though. I've tried to replace it with other "better" knives twice but its always outperformed them.
Mine's a Schrade Badger with a stainless blade. It's very lightweight, fits pretty comfortably in my hand. Not too easy to open with one hand, though, especially my left, since it's meant for a right-handed user.

My friend has a double-bladed Schrade, one blade on each end. One's a straight, smooth edge, the other''s serrated. He's been practicing throwing it, but he's not that great with it.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Hydraulic Fluid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:36 am
uryu ishida
I second CRKT.
Specifically, I reccomend the M16 series (I have an M16-13Z)
They are built tough, and the blades are high-carbon steel. The only downside is that because the steel is so hard, once you lose the edge, it's hard to get it back.

Definitely a fan of CKRT. I had a M4-13 and it was pretty much the best general purpose work knife I've ever owned. I think the serrations are the s**t, but that might just be me. I managed to lose it a few months ago, but I'm definitely looking to replace it when I get home.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:51 pm
User Image

Good ol' Winchester knife. Lol.

Now, more seriously, I use a knife. Can't remember the name-it's not imprinted on the side- but it's got a 15-20cm blade on it, no serrated edge, and it's gotten me out of quite a few pickles. If I ever find out what kind of knife it is, I'll tell you.

User Image
Formerly Known As MLempire14

Kuuhaku-shou

Benevolent Prophet

8,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Accounting Whiz 500
  • Millionaire 200

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:30 pm
Hey guys, I'm back. I've been having one of those wondrous things people refer to as a "life". And I've been addicted to Fallout3 for the past few months and left my computer for the almighty 360. So, yeah I'll try to check in more often.

Moving past my video game and social addictions, and back to the topic at-hand... I've been carrying around a trusty little S&W Special Tactical (CKTACB) that I got at Academy for only $10 for almost a year now. I've been able to keep it pretty damn sharp with only a normal 2 sided sharpening stone, Break-free/Hoppes oil and no hone. Not razer sharp or anything but it can cut through paper without a problem. If you keep it clean it will flip open easily, and the screw that holds the blade stays right where you leave it, if you feel like adjusting the force needed to open-up your knife.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:30 pm
my buddy has a CRKT knife that I have been checking out, don't know the model but its a stout knife and I think I like it.

however, I'm stuck on the M16-10KZ vs the M16-14M.  

Maelthra Reloaded

Crash Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:51 pm
Maelthra Reloaded
my buddy has a CRKT knife that I have been checking out, don't know the model but its a stout knife and I think I like it.

however, I'm stuck on the M16-10KZ vs the M16-14M.

go with the M16-14M, its a little better design. I like that blade style a little more.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:12 am
I just got a S&W Homeland Security (CK2B) and it is built like a tankUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I have non-serrated. Mine's straight black, no camo

$45 at Big 5 Sporting Goods, but I got it for $15 on sale eek mrgreen  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers