remember those revolvers I was talking about? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:31 am
Well, I finally got a chance to see them. The .38 definitely will still work, but it's barrel and cylinder chambers are filthy; I'd need to get a cleaning kit for it. Also, the cylinder wouldn't close completely when I tried to put it back; the part that actually turns the cylinder didn't fit all the way for some reason.

The .25's cylinder still rotates when the trigger's pulled, but it doesn't lock into place like the .38's does. It's barrel and chambers were equally dirty, but I don't know where to get .25 caliber cleaning kits.

Finally, neither had an actual brand name on them, but both had an image of an owl's face stamped into the grip. Also, both had "Patent Pending 7/08" on the butt of the grip. Anyone know what manufacturer made these antiques?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:40 pm
I think the .357 and .38 cleaning kits are interchangeable, as for .25, you might have to get one specifically for it.  

Barru

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:15 pm
Yea, .38 and .357 are basically the same caliber. .357 Magnum is just a .38 Special with a longer casing.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:27 am
Barru
I think the .357 and .38 cleaning kits are interchangeable, as for .25, you might have to get one specifically for it.
I feel stupid for asking, but by any chance would a .22 kit work for the .25?  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:22 am
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Barru
I was thinking the same thing myself. Given the noticeable difference when using a .22 kit on a .223... it's iffy.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:01 am
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Barru

I know you'd need the .22 rod.
Hmm, I'm sure the patch things would work, but the brass brushes might be a bit small.
That might be for the better though.

Get some foaming bore cleaner, worked as well as the brushes I've got, that and it's less wear and tear on the bore.  

Barru

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:00 pm
If the cylinder won't lock in place it's very unsafe to fire and the timing's probably off. You need to let a trained gunsmith fix the problems. You should take a few pictures and post them on The High Road or The Firing Line forums. Someone there would probably be able to help you out, though I might recognize it if I saw it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:13 pm
My grandpa has a revolver with the same problem. I don't have the money to get it fixed though.  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:46 pm
I don't have readily available access to the revolvers (they're locked in the fire safe), and even if I did, my dad would probably have a problem with me posting pictures of them on the Internet. He thinks I'm obsessing over them.

Seeing how much residue is in both of them, I wouldn't try to fire either. There's no visible corrosion, but I just wouldn't risk it. I'll most likely have them appraised, though I won't sell them. They've got some history to them, so I'd rather keep them.

Also, the .25's the one with the cylinder that won't lock. The .38 is in, as far as I can tell, perfect working condition (cylinder turns like it should, hammer and trigger work perfectly, and I learned a valuable gun lesson; how to un-c**k it without actually firing it). It's just that when I put the cylinder back in after I accidentally popped it out (they way it was meant to be popped out, for cleaning, replacement, etc.), the gun wouldn't close. It's a break-open revolver, and the part that actually rotates the cylinder won't slide past the rear of the revolver.

Also, I'm starting to wonder if the .25's actually a .25. The only 6mm pistol rounds I can find are .25 ACP and 6.8mm Bergmann.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:36 pm
you could probably yous a .243 rifle brush no? it's the closest thing I can thing of. Sure it will be a little longer than a pistol brush, but thats really a moot point.  

Freak_090
Captain

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:41 pm
Freak_090
you could probably yous a .243 rifle brush no? it's the closest thing I can thing of. Sure it will be a little longer than a pistol brush, but thats really a moot point.
ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:33 am
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Freak_090
ninja

You won the test, good job. Want a cookie? To bad, I ate them all...

I had been swimming all day, leave me and mi tierd selv aloon. K?

Moving past the horrible grammar of my sleepy self, I still say that a .243 rifle brush is a safe bet.  

Freak_090
Captain

Barru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:54 am
Freak_090
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Freak_090
ninja

You won the test, good job. Want a cookie? Too bad, I ate them all...

Moving past the horrible grammar of my sleepy self, I still say that a .243 rifle brush is a safe bet.

ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:45 pm
Barru
Freak_090
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Freak_090
ninja

You won the test, good job. Want a cookie? Too bad, I ate them all...

ninja

ORLY?
Dictionary.com
Quote:

too  [too] Show IPA
–adverb
1. in addition; also; furthermore; moreover: young, clever, and rich too.
2. to an excessive extent or degree; beyond what is desirable, fitting, or right: too sick to travel.
3. more, as specified, than should be: too near the fire.
4. (used as an affirmative to contradict a negative statement): I am too!
5. extremely; very: She wasn't too pleased with his behavior.

"Too bad" refer to definition 2.

Dictionary.com definitions for, "Bad"
Quote:
—Idioms
46. not bad,
a. tolerably good; not without merit: The dinner wasn't bad, but I've had better.
b. not difficult: Once you know geometry, trigonometry isn't bad.
Also, not so bad, not too bad.
47. too bad
, unfortunate or disappointing: It's too bad that he didn't go to college.

ninja  

Freak_090
Captain

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Checkmate ninja  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces