Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Anime and Manga Talk
Trilogy not to be dubbed.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fk12

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:35 pm
Yes, the American release of .hack//G.U. Trilogy will be on August 18, 2009, but it will be Japanese-only with English subtitles. No dub track at all.

Personally, I am very sad. I love the English cast of G.U. so much. Hell, I prefer dub!Kuhn and dub!Ovan over their Japanese counterparts. Though, I am apparently the only one in the fandom who likes Atoli's voice, so...

What are your opinions on this, Net Slum?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:18 pm
Can someone say phail?

zawardo

Green Hero

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:19 pm
I wish a dubbed version would come out. I don't mind the Jap voices, I just hate reading subtitles. ]: It gets annoying after a while and sometimes they talk too fast and I can't read the subs fast enough so I have to go back and read it. D: /complain  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:05 pm
I know what you mean. D8

The only pro I see to this is that I don't have to switch back and forth constantly to hear some delicious Takahiro Sakurai. 8D;  

fk12

Epitaph_Dawn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:43 pm
I've already seen it >D Watched it on youtube, it was awesoooome. When it comes out, i'm buying it...I don't care if its not dubbed, i want it.
You can kinda tell where ong of the 'games' ended, and another began. Like, after Atoli got infecte dby AIDA in the movie/game, it had that wierd screen cracking thing, and then it did that during a part with Ovan, where Haseo yelled Ovan in a really angry(but kinda cool >3) voice. IT WAS SO DRAMATIC. I liked the ending alot...
The canonical pairing(of the movie XD) is HaeoxAtoli. lololol -nerds- That wa sawesome, cause it gave me what i wanted >D One of the branches that ended in haseoxAtoli smut. Well, the most they did was, like, a hug but i don't care. ITS SMUT MAN, SMUT.
..Ah damn, i went on and on about the movie XD Opps?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:49 am
User Image

Dubs are fine, but I prefer subs because they sounds better ((they're more flowly + the foreign-ness makes me happi x3))
I'm not sure who it is, but Tabby's dubbed voice annoys the heck outta me. D;

Iveen

Azure_Flame_Goddess

6,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:31 pm
fk12
Yes, the American release of .hack//G.U. Trilogy will be on August 18, 2009, but it will be Japanese-only with English subtitles. No dub track at all.

Personally, I am very sad. I love the English cast of G.U. so much. Hell, I prefer dub!Kuhn and dub!Ovan over their Japanese counterparts. Though, I am apparently the only one in the fandom who likes Atoli's voice, so...

What are your opinions on this, Net Slum?

You are not alone. I love the dub voices as well. ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:55 pm
I'm sad because I won't be able to hear Yuri D: But...but I have the games, so I'm happy C:  

BreathLessX
Crew

t-t-ten million fireflies

6,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:42 pm

See, I'm an old skool .hack fan and without a PS2 and being totally broke, it's been hard for me to get into any conglomerate stuffs.
That being, I was really hoping that //GU Trilogy would be dubbed
Your obedient servant,
LADY PHANTOM

Anime and Manga Talk

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas