Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]
[PRP - East] And this is just the beginning...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:56 am
He was asleep, snoring lightly, enjoying the cool shade of the den offering respite from the sun outside. The sun had a habit of burning him, especially the tips of his ears. He wasn't sure whether other lions suffered as he did and had always considered the possibility that white fur wasn't good in sunshine.

Right now, however, he wasn't theorising or trying to come up with some answer to an incredible mind-sizzling question. He was simply asleep, trying to get as much rest as he could before the day when...when his wife decided it was time for the cubs to arrive.

It had been a surprise, that was for sure.

Bai Bo had never imagined that he would find any of this. A place where he belonged. A partner. A family. It warmed his heart and made him think that maybe life wasn't all that bad after all. Pah, no maybes about it. Life was pretty good at the moment - except when his new wife demanded he hunt for her and got moody and grumpy. Then, life wasn't all that great at all.

He stirred in his sleep, sighing deeply.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:06 am
She hated this. She really, really hated it.

Why did she feel so bad like this!? Her head was throbbing, her legs were sore, her mind was clouded and she was FAT. People always said pregnancy and cubs were the best thing to happen to a female, but so far Kumbuka couldn't disagree more. She had aching limbs, felt constantly tired and hungry, and hated that her mind didn't seem to be working properly. And because of that, she'd been excused from her duties as a Historian until the cubs arrived. That was the worst part. She'd actually been forbidden from checking the records like she usually would, and she felt her paws aching to just open them up. She didn't trust that other historian - she'd record something wrong, and then wouldn't check and it'd all go wrong! Kumbuka couldn't think of anything more horrible!

A sudden surge of dizziness caused her to halt her thoughts, though, the female groaning softly as she leaned against a nearby tree to try and steady herself, eyes pressed closed in an attempt to gather her thoughts and ignore the stupid headache. Having been excused from her duties suddenly meant the female had far too much free time to know what to do with. So, to try and cure her headache and collect her thoughts, so she could restore her body and be more in control as she wanted - no, needed - to be, Kumbuka flopped onto the ground with a low grunt, stomach underneath her as she fell onto her side, whining softly as she just lay there, too tired to do anything else.

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:16 am
An eye flicked open. A teal-coloured eye hazy with sleep. Something was amiss. Either that or he'd just slept enough for one day. Yes...more likely, he imagined. Yet as he rolled onto his stomach, pulled himself to his paws and stretched he realised something. She was missing.

He tipped his head, confused. Surely she would want to stay out of the sun on a day like this? She was always complaining about that. Did she do it on purpose just to have another go at him? It's not like he could change the weather now, is it?!

With a grunt, he emerged from the den and cast his eyes around. Oh, there she was, resting under that tree. He hesitated. He couldn't tell from here what her mood was. Maybe she was okay and enjoying the shade and...pregnant life. Yes, he could dream. So, steeling himself, he moved towards her, calling out as he drew closer.

"You okay?"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:22 am
Hmm? Kumbuka struggled to lift her head to see who it was, thought when her steel-blue eyes did finally manage to catch a glance of her mate she growled softly, head falling back down again as she kicked her legs, as if she was planning to kick him away, but couldn't reach. She didn't want to see him right now. It was all his fault. His fault she was moody and grumpy and hungry. His fault she wasn't allowed to work. "Go awaaaaaaay," she whined, although it wasn't a demand or a cruel shout - more of a childish tone, that actually meant she wanted his company.

...Because she did. Although it was all his fault, she didn't want to be alone. She didn't want to have to do it all by herself. She was...well, she was scared. Not that she'd ever admit it out loud, of course, but she was. And she liked having her mate there, as someone to lean against. Because, despite it all...she did love him.

"It's all your fault," came the same childish tone, although this was was more grumpy, as a childish pout crossed her face. This was a side of Kumbuka that wasn't seen often.

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:44 pm
Uh-oh, she was growling. If now was the time to keep your distance this would be it. He drew to a halt just out of harm's reach and gave her a rather pitiful look. It was a look that suggested he was trying to be sympathetic but couldn't quite get there because he really had no idea what it must be like to be pregnant.

"Go away?" He echoed, lifting his head a little, miffed. "You and I both know you don't mean that. Why waste good words. That's not like you." He sat, steeling himself for an onslaught.

"Wait a minute. My fault? You were the one who wanted to marry me. And, whilst I don't regret agreeing to you, I do regret having consummated the relationship somewhat." He gave her a look that said: I could have done with some more time with just the two of us. You know. To get used to this whole couple thing!

But he didn't say it, of course, though she probably knew. She always knew. She probably felt the same...maybe.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:55 pm
Kumbuka pouted, lifting her head to watch her mate with hooded steely eyes, just...watching him. In a way that might make some feel awkward - whether it would make him feel so she didn't know, and didn't particularly care. She was too busy thinking. She knew it wasn't his fault, really. It wasn't anyone's fault but mother nature's, but Kumbuka still felt that she had to blame someone. She couldn't be feeling so miserable and unlike herself just due to chance and bad timing.

"I'm not like me, Yen," came the words, whispered so they were almost carried away by the wind. She'd used his other name - the non-Tianxia one, that she'd started using as a more informal name. Kumbuka laid her head back down, eyes looking solemnly at the rocks behind her, "I can't control my feelings or emotions, and I really don't like it. I'm scared, Bai Bo."

She was starting to get upset - that was for sure. Even more clear when she whined softly, shuffling and trying to get into a more comfortable position.

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:28 pm
He shifted a little under that gaze, not knowing what she was thinking. Her mind had changed into some odd, unreadable thing and it bothered him that he could never predict her emotions. Nothing about her was predictable any more.

"It won't be this way forever, tiba." He replied, whispering back as if they were having a secret conversation. "And there's no reason to be afraid. I will be here at your side, as I promised to be the day we were wed." He continued and, when she seemed to get more upset, he stood and moved closer, slowly in case he had misjudged her and she ended up cuffing him across the snout.

"Perhaps you should look upon this time as something to make the most of. After all, once the children are here, neither of us will have much time to laze in the shade."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:35 pm
His words were soothing and sympathetic, and the term of affection managed to twitch her lips into a grin. She quickly wiped it away, though, avoiding his gaze and just staring the opposite way, occasionally twitching or grumbling as she shuffled into a more comfortable position. "Maybe not. But I hate this way whilst it is about."

Now she wasn't even making sense. With a sudden growl Kumbuka turned, though blinking in surprise as she suddenly noticed that her mate was closer in a more protective, worried manner. She paused, blinking in surprise, before her expression fell into a grumpy one once again and she flopped back down - but this time she was facing him. And she slowly began to shuffle closer, so she could cuddle up to his legs. "Lazing in the shade is no fun when you can't enjoy it, though."

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:43 pm
He gave a chuckle. My, wasn't she being difficult today? Deciding to risk it, he moved closer, along her to cuddle up. After all, he really did get off easier than she did. If making her feel better meant taking a few swipes here and there, who was he to complain? He didn't have childbirth to fret over!

"True." He sighed. "Is there nothing I can do to help you? I'm feeling a little helpless right now, watching you in turmoil and being able to do nothing but...but drivel." He smiled a little and lowered his head to lick the fur from her eyes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:01 pm
The risk was worth it - Kumbuka curled around him fondly, purring softly as she licked his cheek, before snuggling down in a sign of affection that was rather intimate for the usually secluded lionness. But right now, she didn't care - she wasn't really thinking straight, and she just wanted to be reassured that it'd all be alright. The purring continued as she cast her eyes up at him, watching him carefully.

"You can carry them for me - but I don't think you can," she grumbled softly, nuzzling him once again as she gazed downwards instead, "And you're doing pretty well already - with putting up with me. I'm sorry, Yen. it's just...I-I can't help it. it's like I'm not really...in control."

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:07 pm
With a rumbling purr he settled closer. "No need to apologise, tiba. It can't be easy carrying cubs and if you're grumpy than that's fine. I'll allow it for now, but not once they're born. After that, you'll have no more excuses. Then you'll have to go back to being nice to me."

He shifted to move against her. "Now move up. I'm going to have a nap right here in the shade with you - so long as you don't keep taking all the shade for yourself, that is!"

Well, he was in quite a good mood now. Talk of cubs and the future seemed a fine thing indeed.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:11 pm
His purr pleased her, and a smile that had become almost non-existant during the pregnancy surfaced once again as she rubbed her cheek against her mate's, purring constantly. "I'll have plenty of excuses. I'll be just as tired due to having to run around after bundles of fur all day. Don't think you won't be helping out, either."

She was being a little playful again, pressing her nose to Yen's fondly as she settled down beside him, shuffling backwards a little to allow him more room as she laid her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes and smiling to herself as she slowly drifted off into a contented sleep.

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces