Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
How did you find your Patron? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Artistic Genocide

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:07 pm
Hullo all!~

Hope everyone's doing good today.^_^

Anyways, IU had quite an experience today.

Earlier this Afternoon, i was researching the greek gods and looking into the Greek gods/dessess and Hellenismos because of a connection i recently started feeling with that path.

I got this idea to ask and see if they were the ones that wanted me, or if i had to look else where for my patron.

I settled down comfortably, and sttarting meditating on the issue. Not long after, i got a sense of someone watching me, and i broke the mediation and looked to my side. Standing next to my bed was a female figure, young to middle aged, either short hair or with it up atop her head, holding something in her hands, either a bowl or a helmet of some sort. It was silvery. She was draped in greek styled clothes, and she was shining faintly. She was also smiling at me.

I have to say i almost had a heart attack(even though i'm technically to young). xD

When i got over the shock, there was a sense of peace, then she began to fade until she was gone. I got no name, nor voice. Just that image of her.

Since then, I've been trying to figure out who she was, looking up all sorts of pictures and images of greek goddesses. I can't figure out which one it is though.
The ones that match her the most are Artemis and Athena. I just can't figure it out though...

I was wondering if anyone had any input on this? any advice? Anything would be helpful. =3

Also, what were your experiences with finding your patron? How did you go about it? were they blunt, or subtle?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:15 pm
I've had dreams for the better part of eight years about my patron. It was only recently that I took them seriously. Though I have to say that my life is better for it. 3nodding

In your case, meditate a bit. Ask her for her name and research the lore. The object in her hands definately has something to do with it. Best of luck. If she doesn't have a problem with it, can you post her identiy when you find it? I'm quite curious. xd  

RubyLight

Artistic Genocide

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:19 pm
RubyLight
I've had dreams for the better part of eight years about my patron. It was only recently that I took them seriously. Though I have to say that my life is better for it. 3nodding

In your case, meditate a bit. Ask her for her name and research the lore. The object in her hands definately has something to do with it. Best of luck. If she doesn't have a problem with it, can you post her identiy when you find it? I'm quite curious. xd

Oh, i shall.
If she's fine with it.
xD
I plan to do a bit more mediation tonight, and try to find out who she is. Any advice on meditation techniques you like? =3  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:25 pm
Well, before I go to sleep, I close my eyes and focus on my breathing. Think of the subject once and let my conciousness roam free.

Your technique seems to be quite effective if you got that strong of an image. xd  

RubyLight

Artistic Genocide

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:32 pm
RubyLight
Well, before I go to sleep, I close my eyes and focus on my breathing. Think of the subject once and let my conciousness roam free.

Your technique seems to be quite effective if you got that strong of an image. xd

What i did was put on some music, get comfortable, and i ended up imagining myself in a greek temple. I was wearing greek styled clothes of a silvery colour, and my hair was done up. I walked around the space for a time before i stumbled upon an altar, but i can't remember who's. I kneeled and prayed at the atlar, and that's when i sensed someone watching me and i woke up to see her.
=3

who's your patron, if you don't mind my asking?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:37 pm
Allah. The Islamic version of YHVH. (Long Story sweatdrop )

I was a pagan for several years and still have an interest and knowledge to pass on, which is why I'm still here.

That's awesome! Don't worry the name will come in time. wink  

RubyLight

Artistic Genocide

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:52 pm
RubyLight
Allah. The Islamic version of YHVH. (Long Story sweatdrop )

I was a pagan for several years and still have an interest and knowledge to pass on, which is why I'm still here.

That's awesome! Don't worry the name will come in time. wink

I'd love to hear the story. ;D
and what does YHVH stand for? some explained it to be one time but i forgot.-_-'

And I'm sure it will. I'm gonna try again, but i'm not sure it'll be the same altar this time.>_>'  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:56 pm
lol Perhaps another time. xd

YHVH are basically the Hebrew letters of the Abrahamic God. (Jews, Christians, and Muslims)

Try focusing on the specific altar. If you're meant to go back there, you will.  

RubyLight

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:45 am
Gen (do you mind if I call you Gen?), I think you should look into different styles of Greek dress as well. The generic woman's dress was a chiton, or similar, which looks like a sheet pinned at the shoulders.

This is important because particular deities - Artemis, Hekate, and so forth - will wear something a bit different. Or at least that's how they're portrayed artistically. They'll have a shorter dress and wear boots. This is girls' dress. So that sort of thing may help you pick out the identity of your visitor.

Pay close attention to symbols, animals, that sort of thing.

The Greek pantheon is actually fairly extensive, so remember to look further afield than the twelve Olympians we're most familiar with.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:59 am
Sanguina Cruenta
Gen (do you mind if I call you Gen?), I think you should look into different styles of Greek dress as well. The generic woman's dress was a chiton, or similar, which looks like a sheet pinned at the shoulders.

This is important because particular deities - Artemis, Hekate, and so forth - will wear something a bit different. Or at least that's how they're portrayed artistically. They'll have a shorter dress and wear boots. This is girls' dress. So that sort of thing may help you pick out the identity of your visitor.

Pay close attention to symbols, animals, that sort of thing.

The Greek pantheon is actually fairly extensive, so remember to look further afield than the twelve Olympians we're most familiar with.

You can call me Gen. no worries.xD
That's exactly want she was wearing. Except it was silvery in colour, and the boots were silvery too.
I didn't get to meditate last night like i planned. Dad decided to bust into my room all drunk-happy and decided to go down memory lane with me.>_>'
I plan to tonight, though. After work.-_-'
But I'm fairly sure it's Artmis, because every statue/piece of artwork i see of her i get a sense of peace, as well as when i read about her myths. *nods*  

Artistic Genocide

Koigokoro Konjou

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:01 pm
I have a question.

One day I was walking and I see a man in Greek clothing.

He was shining of light and he carried some kind of harp like thing.

To make long story short is that my Patron?

And if it is who is it?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:19 pm
Tenrai Kado
I have a question.

And if it is who is it?

Sounds a bit like Apollo maybe.

Can't tell if it's your patron; maybe he just has/had a message or lesson for you? Frigg popped in quite a bit when I first started in Asatru, but she's not my patron wink . Important and dear to me, but still not my patron.

If you see him again, you should ask him what he wants.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Koigokoro Konjou

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:37 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
Tenrai Kado
I have a question.

And if it is who is it?

Sounds a bit like Apollo maybe.

Can't tell if it's your patron; maybe he just has/had a message or lesson for you? Frigg popped in quite a bit when I first started in Asatru, but she's not my patron wink . Important and dear to me, but still not my patron.

If you see him again, you should ask him what he wants.

Oh Apollo why didn't I think that when I seen him.

But what he's the God of is what I do in real life.
I'm a person of light,I play music,and I'm studying to be a nurse.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:44 pm
What do you mean exactly when you say you're a "person of light"?

You still might want to investigate more before you say he's your patron. It seems kind of like jumping to conclusions to say that just because you see Deity A in a meditation, s/he is automatically your patron. One of the Hellenic Pagans here on Gaia, IIRC, was pointed towards the Greek gods by Apollo, but has Dionysus as her "patron"-figure.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Koigokoro Konjou

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:03 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
What do you mean exactly when you say you're a "person of light"?

You still might want to investigate more before you say he's your patron. It seems kind of like jumping to conclusions to say that just because you see Deity A in a meditation, s/he is automatically your patron. One of the Hellenic Pagans here on Gaia, IIRC, was pointed towards the Greek gods by Apollo, but has Dionysus as her "patron"-figure.

When I say person of light is that I practice in the name of good.
To enlighten others and myself and to help others.
That's what I mean by person of light.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games