Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Is it Disrespectful to...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[ Nicolette ]

6,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:40 pm
...Worship two sun/moon deities from completely different pantheons? I currently am building a relationship with the Saxon deity Sunne, who is, obviously, a sun goddess. However, would it be disrespectful to both Sunne and another sun-themed deity should I choose to worship both? I've been considering building a relationship with another sun-based deity, but I want to make sure I'm not being offensive to either deity or whether or not I'd have to break ties (not that I would).

Also, feel free to post your own questions here, not that I have a lot of experience myself to answer them with, but hopefully other members here will have something to say. XD I hope this thread can be of use to everyone here. :3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:45 pm
I don't think it would be too problematic so long as you're not trying to force them into a relationship with each other, ya know? I wouldn't call them both into the same ritual without first asking both of them how they would feel about it.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

[ Nicolette ]

6,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:02 pm
Well, yeah, I've learned a lot since my first beginnings and I know not to bring two deities from different pantheons into the same ritual if it can be avoided (although it would depend on the ritual). That in itself would be disrespectful since they both of their own reservations about worship.

But thanks for your two cents on the matter. :3 I wouldn't try to make them "talk to each other" (XD) as was said in that other thread, but it would be kinda awkward wouldn't it, if you tried greeting them as the celestial body itself?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:56 am
Then what about the sabbats? I want to thank all the harvest deities on August 1st, But now I'm afraid I might upset someone..

Can I just say; "I thank all the Gods and Godesses of Harvest and rebirth.. etc, etc, etc"?

Namikikyo

[ Nicolette ]

6,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:59 pm
XD Well as I said, it mostly depends on the ritual. If you do an all-encompassing sort of thing like that, not like a, let's say, Norse-themed ritual, then you shouldn't really be offending anyone. You can name any gods to thank them in a plain ritual like that, just make sure that the style and format isn't exclusive to one pantheon. (Such as don't perform a Saxon pagan husel and call Artemis!)  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games