Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Writing on the Wall

Back to Guilds

Are you literate? Do you write poetry, short stories, long stories, prose, roleplays. . . anything? Share your talent with the world! 

Tags: Writing, Poetry, Prose, Stories, RolePlay 

Reply The Writing on the Wall
Coming Soon!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Art, chatterbox, or both?
  Yes to art, no to chatterbox. too much spam.
  Yes to chatterbox, no to art. Just to increase the post count.
  Yes to art and yes to chatterbox. I love both ideas!
  No to both. This is a writing guild and should only have writing!
View Results

Pup in Fluff
Captain

Invisible Sex Symbol

8,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:10 pm
I'm sure everyone has read on the front page that there is going to be an art sub-forum coming soon in the guild. I was also considering making a chatterbox sub-forum. I want to know everyones opinions on this.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:23 pm
Here's my view on the topic:

Art sub-forum: Positive: More people will join. If it's just a writing guild and people are only submitting writings, then there won't be as many people interrested. An art sub-forum will still keep writing as the main topic and give people the oportunity to post any art they might have.

Negative: More people could join for the art instead of for the writing and we might wind up changing into an artists guild.

Chatterbox sub-forum: Positive: It'll raise our post count in the guild and give people more reasons to come. People are mostly coming whenever they have a poem or story to post or whenever they're updating the rp. A chatterbox sub-forum could give people a place to talk and post their quests and stuff without all the hassle of the n00bs in the REAL chatterbox.

Negative: If a Chatterbox sub-forum is added then this could become a guild of spam. More people would come here to randomly chat and less would be here to actually write or read peoples writings.

I can't really think of many negatives but I'll update this as I think about it. I REALLY want to know everyones opinions before I make anything official.

Pup in Fluff
Captain

Invisible Sex Symbol

8,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200

Elvane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:56 am
I like both ideas, even though I won't be able to add much to the art subforum. sweatdrop It's fun to look at other people's art, and I've been waiting for more than one thread to say nonsense in here. (Did that make sense?)  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:38 am
An art sub-forum would be a good idea as it would help draw in people who can draw moreso than write... Comics make a good example.

As for a chatterbox, if your going to post spam, keep it in the actuall chatterbox and out of the guild...  

frozenapathies

Perfect Businessman

Mr.r4nd0m

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:49 am
Renais
An art sub-forum would be a good idea as it would help draw in people who can draw moreso than write... Comics make a good example.

As for a chatterbox, if your going to post spam, keep it in the actually chatterbox and out of the guild...
I agree on this point with Renais 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:20 pm
-claps- I'd move my Comic... and It'd probably good. Most of My friends Draw ^.^  

Anneechin23

frozenapathies

Perfect Businessman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:09 pm
All right, I've just donated 1.5k and bought another sub-forum. I've deemed this one the "art" forum for now as Pup has the final say in things...  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:09 pm
Great!!!! Art subforum!!! YAY!!! Now we need a clever name for it. Maybe...the drawings on the wall?  

Pup in Fluff
Captain

Invisible Sex Symbol

8,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200

explode555

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:52 pm
Pup in Fluff
Great!!!! Art subforum!!! YAY!!! Now we need a clever name for it. Maybe...the drawings on the wall?
It's gotta be like.. The Writings on the Wall....

The Drawings on the Door?

sweatdrop That was lame..

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:36 am
Personally, I wouldn't be interested in the Art subforum. But I'm sure you could find a lot of people interested. After all, isn't that what Gaia was started on? anime lovers?

I'm not too crazy about the chatterbox idea. It's true it would help your post count. But honestly, you don't have that much compatition for a writer's guild. I just barely joined this guild. I had searched through all the writer's guilds trying to find one I liked. This one was top on my list of two that I decided I wanted to join. You don't need it.

I do have a suggestion for a different subforum. How about a workshop subforum? It would be for writing exercises. We could talk about writing in general. People could even lecture in it if they really wanted to. But it would be for helping people develop as a writer. Working with them through the writing process instead of just working with the finished product.  

hapahaole
Crew

The Writing on the Wall

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces