Ok, the other SG-1 RP is dead so I'll start a new one. Let's see if this one manages to survive biggrin

The rules are different, as some really smart Greek guy said, without order, civilisations fall. It was all in a context about Hybris and Dike but don't ask me the particulars, I wasn't paying attention in class.

PM me with the character you want to play. It has to be an original character, these are new guys in a new era of the SGC. The Canon characters can appear from time to time. It would only be logical to have the experienced guys available for advice.

So:
Name, nationality (we're going international), age, military/civilian, rank, specialty and some background story. That oughta do it biggrin No need to be very detailed but it helps really biggrin I'll be playing the General so I get to decide how to make the team SG-1. Oh, and, since I'll be acting as GM, there's going to be stuff centered on the base so even if you're not in the team, you'll also have stuff to do biggrin

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Story:

It's been 10 years since the events in New Order (we'll ignore the rest of season 8 because most of it hasn't been aired yet) and the Stargate Program has been shut down. Anubis was defeated during the battle over Antarctica and the Goa'uld were too busy trying to take each others armies to worry much about invading new worlds. Therefore, in the mind of people like Kinsey, the expense of running the program wasn't justified. But now, there would seem to be a new enemy. Someone has managed to steal Prometheus and sabotaged all the remaining ships in Earth's 303 fleet: the Deadalus was lost with all hands in a grand explosion, the Icarus was hurled into a star and the Ulysses is stranded in the Pegasus Galaxy.
Without our fleet, the Offworld Security Council, OSC, has decided to once again open the program that they have kept secret for a decade and send off new teams of explorers to find out what this new foe is and what their plans are for Earth.

At the head of the SGC is Brigadier General Kathryn Tilney, US Air Force. Her task is to command Earth's first, and only, line of defense against whatever threat lurks beyond the clouds.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posting style (It really helps to have a preset style that everyone follows, I learnt this the hard way)

IC: write this before your post to show it's in character.
OOC: write this before the out of character parts.
<>
SIGNATURE : sign your post after you're done so everyone knows who you are, e.g

* Brig. General Kathryn Tilney
Base Commander,
Stargate Command.

(the * I add because the char is a one star general wink )

Also, let's not do one liners ok? Because it's a board how about we make it and average of two paragraphs, hopefully more?

So wanna give this one a chance?