Reply Adult Furries Guild
Con Attendance

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Artemis Vulpes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:08 am
This is just a list of the current cons I am scheduled to visit and the days I will be staying at the hotels.

Con: Rainfurrest
Hotel: The Seattle Airport Marriott
Duration: September 18th-20th
My Stay: Checking in on Friday, the 18th, and checking out Monday, the 21st.
Room Status: Currently not sharing the room with any others, space available for those looking for a place to stay.

Con: Midwest FurFest
Hotel: The Westin Chicago North Shore
Duration: November 20th-22nd
My Stay: Checking in on Thursday, the 20th, and checking out Sunday, the 22nd.
Room Status: Currently not sharing the room with any others, space available for those looking for a place to stay.

Con: Furry Weekend Atlanta
Hotel: Hilton Atlanta
Duration: March 25th - 28th
My Stay: Checking in on Friday, the 25th, and checking out Sunday, the 28nd.

At the moment I am looking for people to stay in my room that would be otherwise put out, or are just looking to cut down on their expenses. Would not mind having people to share the cost myself, but this is not the main reason I am looking for a few roomies. I know there are some out there that the only reason they do not attend conventions is because they cannot afford a room, or there are simply none left.

Please contact me if you plan to attend any of these cons and are looking for someone to share a room with. I only give this grave and fair warning to others, I snore.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:12 pm
I'm planning on going to MFF this year, if I can get the money. If you're still looking for a roomie for MFF, I'm interested. The snoring thing doesn't bother me a bit, to be honest XD Back home, I could hear my dad snoring on the other side of the house XD

Oh, and if I am able to make it, I must warn you, I'm going to be traveling with a fursuit. Dunno how big the rooms are, but hopefully space won't be an issue.

And before I forget, I do have once vice of my own...I smoke, but I won't do it inside. Even if there's a balcony on the room, I'll still go down to the parking lot.

At any rate, if you're still interested in having a room mate, let me know, and I'll keep you up to date on what's going on on my end, if your interested.  

Davin_Nightwind

Zaerin Grey

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

17,100 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:22 pm
Nice to see a few midwesterners hitting up MFF!

I'm not sure if I'm going this year, it all depends on my ex. [if he's going, I won't. It's complicated.] I'm also not sure if I need a room or not, but most likely I can get by with hoppin' place to place with friends.

And the rooms are decent size from what I remember. Last time I was there we fit 6 people and 2 fursuits just fine. One partial suit too.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:08 pm
Still a bit of time before the con, so we shall see what happens. But it is good I am at least getting some responces.  

Artemis Vulpes

Artemis Vulpes

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:13 am
This needs to be bumped back up anyway, but I do have an actual reason why I am posting.

My ears and tail finally arrived. 3nodding They look even better than I expected and are so damn soft. *shudders* Wish I had them for my last con, but very happy to have them at all.

I have spent years trying to find a set I actually liked. Till I ran across Pawstar I have had some real major issues with other's work. Either they did not have the colors I was looking for or the quality was sub-par, by my standards.

Not only was I able to pick exactly what colors I wanted, but these guys even allowed me to do a special custom order they do not usually have available. Mainly I am talking about the fact they stuck a rod into the tail to give it some feel there is actually a bone. It is fairly firm, but springy, my main point of wanting it was so the tail would actually curl slightly up rather than dangle straight down.

Always had a problem with seeing tails just hanging down limp, canine wise it more of a submissive, or timid, position for a tail.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:33 pm
if i wasn't still broke and trying to earn my way back to live in seattle i would def go to rainfurrest.  

Mr woman

5,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Full closet 200

L the strawberry lover

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:39 pm
I'm planning on going to MFF this year. I've never been to a furcon, but I have been to anime cons. I have a fursuit as well. I hope to see you there if I can make it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:52 pm
Artemis Vulpes
This needs to be bumped back up anyway, but I do have an actual reason why I am posting.

My ears and tail finally arrived. 3nodding They look even better than I expected and are so damn soft. *shudders* Wish I had them for my last con, but very happy to have them at all.

I have spent years trying to find a set I actually liked. Till I ran across Pawstar I have had some real major issues with other's work. Either they did not have the colors I was looking for or the quality was sub-par, by my standards.

Not only was I able to pick exactly what colors I wanted, but these guys even allowed me to do a special custom order they do not usually have available. Mainly I am talking about the fact they stuck a rod into the tail to give it some feel there is actually a bone. It is fairly firm, but springy, my main point of wanting it was so the tail would actually curl slightly up rather than dangle straight down.

Always had a problem with seeing tails just hanging down limp, canine wise it more of a submissive, or timid, position for a tail.

I don't see anything about custom orders on their website.

The company owners sound like stuck up assholes, anyway.  

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Artemis Vulpes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:19 pm
Psycho Lee

Then you obviously did not read the entire site.

Quote:

You are basing this off a single complaint you found on LJ?

I met several of the employees in person and had correspondence with them through email during the ordering process. They are quite nice, create a good product and are prompt on their orders. Obviously not everyone is going to have a good experience with a company and there will be those that bad mouth. It is impossible to satisfy 100% of your customers and sometimes mistakes just happen.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:20 pm
I_Have_Teh_Death_Goo
I'm planning on going to MFF this year. I've never been to a furcon, but I have been to anime cons. I have a fursuit as well. I hope to see you there if I can make it.

Ah, yes, I certainly will be there alright. Which does reminds me that I need to buy my plane tickets this month.

Artemis Vulpes

L the strawberry lover

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:20 pm
Artemis Vulpes
I_Have_Teh_Death_Goo

Ah, yes, I certainly will be there alright. Which does reminds me that I need to buy my plane tickets this month.

I still need to book the hotel and register. I'm a procrastinator.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:34 pm
If I manage to find a job that will allow me some time off I'd like to go to some of the springtime cons. That said, I would also want to know what modes of transportation are available to me that are convenient and reasonably priced (e.g., train for my favorite) and how much rooms cost.  

Shaviv

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:28 pm
Artemis Vulpes
Psycho Lee

Then you obviously did not read the entire site.

Quote:

You are basing this off a single complaint you found on LJ?

I met several of the employees in person and had correspondence with them through email during the ordering process. They are quite nice, create a good product and are prompt on their orders. Obviously not everyone is going to have a good experience with a company and there will be those that bad mouth. It is impossible to satisfy 100% of your customers and sometimes mistakes just happen.

No, on a few complaints I saw.
http://forums.furaffinity.net/showthread.php?p=793562
http://news.deviantart.com/article/69827/ <-- this one seems to have more complaints in the comments
http://www.acen.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=26615&mode=threaded&pid=637080

Maybe these are just a few disgruntled customers and most people get what they paid for, but I find it bizzare that every complaint stems from someone ordering something and not getting it 6 months later, and the Pawstar people not responding to their emails.

It makes me question ordering from these people. Not sure if they'd be able to do a fluffy grey tail with a black tip anyway. But they'll be at a nearby con soon so I can check them out.  
Adult Furries Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games