Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Activision gets shaky!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:04 am
Activision's biggest cash cow for this year, Modern Warfare 2, has been renamed and they did a quick copy paste box art fix! This was done to make sure the game sells thousands like it should. Activision was worried without the Call of Duty name on the product, that it would not sell as well in the market.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It doesnt look bad, but it doesnt look like it was very well planned.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:54 pm
They should make the CoD bigger and more centered, but overall its not the worst box art I've seen (no Siren Blood Curse takes that title by a mile and a half)

I'm still gonna get it regaurdless!n  

Bayou Bulldog

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:57 pm
As long as it's the same game...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:09 pm
How is it showing activision as shaky? It just shows that they fixed the mistake they made initially. Just like how nintendo removed "Advance Wars" off of the game Battalion Wars since it sucked too much to soil the good name of AW.  

nitnit
Captain

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:51 am
It shows they are getting shaky that their fanbase won't recognize the game, which is pretty stupid since people have been keeping track of the games title. They were trying to invent Modern Warfare into a new IP so they can continue the Call of Duty franchise to maybe change into a different direction.

It just shows that they did not want to take any risk and stick with brand naming convention, such as the Tom Clancy games.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:01 pm
I still wouldn't call it shaky, it's just at the last moment they realized that there's no good reason to remove the call of duty nametag.

And it's not stupid, I'm sure plenty of 13 year olds are going to ask for the "new call of duty game" this holiday season, and when their parents ask the store clerk, half the time the clerks are braindead and will direct them to world at war or something.

Also I think guitar hero might be a bigger cash cow for Activision, and if you count it as ActivisionBlizzard, I'm pretty sure World of Warcraft makes the most revenue.  

nitnit
Captain

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:40 am
I would say Activisions cash cows would be the Call of Duty and Guitar Hero franchise, but i think Modern Warfare series sells more than Guitar Hero. Especially since Infinity Ward is a better developer than Neversoft in the area of improving their games and making a name for themselves.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:38 pm
I agree with nit i wouldn't call it shaky either. There was something similar about this on halo 3 O.D.S.T, it was first Halo 3 recon then ODST and they didn't call it shaky on that game.  

Lt Gigglebottom

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff