Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Capcom's big loss

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:14 pm
I was searching around the web looking at gaming news and reading more about the Google Chrome OS. I went to gamestop.com to see what went down in price. The first item on the list caught my eye. Bionic Commando a $60 game dropped to $20 brand new! I was in disbelief because of all the hype on the game and with Bionic Commando: Rearmed doing decent online sales. I quickly searched for any sales charts and found one on joystiq.com

www.joystiq.com
The new Bionic Commando sold a mere 27,000 units during its first month of sale in the US this May, reports Gamasutra. Well, its "first month" might be stretching it (like a grapple arm) a bit. The title went on sale May 19, which means it was at retail for the Xbox 360 and PS3 for a little under two weeks. Although, even with that caveat, those sales figures still aren't good for the modestly reviewed title, which had plenty of promotion.

Terminator Salvation, also developed by (the allegedly downsized) Grin and released around the same time as BC, sold 43,000 units with exceptionally poor reviews. To really put things in perspective, Bionic Commando Rearmed -- the high-def remake of the classic game -- sold 130,000 copies during its first week late last year.

This looks like a great bargain to me and i plan on picking it up sometime in the near future.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:17 pm
Woot. Thanks for the news Tron I'll have to pick me up a copy.  

Felix Kristanelo

5,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Wall Street 200
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items