Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Too young?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silfy_Steller

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:37 pm
Well on the topic of deities. I'm 16, neo-pagan, and I'm still learning about it.
I'm sure this is the spiritual path for me, it makes so much sense and reflects my personal ideals.

So I was wondering. Am I too young to begin looking for my patron god/ess?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:41 pm
Age has nothing to do with it. However, you should keep in mind that not everyone will have a patron. Just continue your studies and see what comes to you. wink  

RubyLight

Silfy_Steller

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:45 pm
RubyLight
Age has nothing to do with it. However, you should keep in mind that not everyone will have a patron. Just continue your studies and see what comes to you. wink

Thanks for the advice. I will, and if I have no patron, no problem, I'm sure I can manage.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:42 am
Don't go looking for them. If they're a patron, they'll come looking for you wink

I still get a mental image, when this subject arises, from this story I heard of a Heathen fellow who had never intended to be Heathen. He said he ended up one because Thorr dragged him off by his hair. So now I get this mental image of Thorr, hammer over one shoulder, face like thunder, hand wrapped around some fellow's long hair and dragging him off after him. It makes me chuckle.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Silfy_Steller

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:28 am
Sanguina Cruenta
Don't go looking for them. If they're a patron, they'll come looking for you wink

I still get a mental image, when this subject arises, from this story I heard of a Heathen fellow who had never intended to be Heathen. He said he ended up one because Thorr dragged him off by his hair. So now I get this mental image of Thorr, hammer over one shoulder, face like thunder, hand wrapped around some fellow's long hair and dragging him off after him. It makes me chuckle.

*shields hair with arms*
Noooo...
Well, I'll keep an eye open for anything that stands out.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:50 am
Patience is a virtue! There's no rush. Just wait. wink  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Ookami hime95

Hygienic Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:14 pm
Hmmm...I found my Goddess, she came to me in a dream four times, each different but the same woman, Artemis.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:01 am
Sanguina Cruenta

Altho this quote did come with a good point and story that point isn't true for all patrons. Some times you have to look or send out a vibe so that they would come for you. I'll share my story of how I found mine. Don't hate me for who mine is... sweatdrop

Me and my ex who was a priestest in a past life one day. I was just getting into it and it was my first year of really being into it and he gave me one of his books. He told me that some people have a god or goddess that is ment for them and that will help them, ect... So he told me to sit dow and meditate on "Deity for me". so I did and after about five minutes of surch across the earth and basically nocking at doors I was just about to give up and reenter my body.

(When I meditate I sometimes leave my body.) I was just getting back to my body when out of nowhere I was pulled striegth through my bed, then the floor, all the way down even through the ground. I ended up in a place that was hot and lit by fires. I saw a Jackle and it came up to me growling and showing its teeth. Unlike the smart people that would run from a big dog I just put up my hand which was still sending out energy as a way to try and get my deity to come to me.

The Jackle stopped growling and showing its teeth and just sniffed my hand. After that it pushed my hand on its head so that I could pet it. I'm sitting on the floor of the cave mind you and kneeling only brought me up to my head. I said to it, "Now your not as mean or scary as people would make you out to be now are you?" Next Thing I knew it backed up and said, "No I am not."

Then it began to change and turn into a man altho it did still have the head of a Jackle. He said, "I am Anubis and I am just a ruler of the underworld which is not to be confused with hell." I was just so surrpised to hear and see any of that and then he helps me up as he says, "I will take you on as an apprentest and you will learn that evil is always bad. He then smiles as he says I will send you back to your body but next you come here I will give you a gift."

Then he just threw me back into my body and I wen tshooting up and flew right of my bed, thank the gods that my ex was still there to catch me. I started at 5:00 p.m. and it was 8:00 a.m. when I got back in my body. This is one way that you can find them or it will help them find you.  

Kuroshikaru

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:39 am
Why did he say his name was Anubis, rather than Anpu, do you suppose?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:24 am
IDK... It might have been so that I would clearly know who he was and so that I'd be able to call him easily...  

Kuroshikaru

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games