Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Toe socks!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

toe socks!
  woot!
View Results

Sachiko13

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:12 am
I have recently decided to design some toe socks. I have a pattern for geisha socks from my 2007 pattern-a-day calendar, and figured that altering them to have five toes would be pretty simple. A bit of simple math and a couple trials and errors later, and I now have my right sock finished!

Main portion of foot finished:
User Image

Big toe before decrease rows:
User Image

Big toe finished:
User Image

Second toe before decrease rows:
User Image

Second toe finished:
User Image

Third toe:
User Image

Fourth toe:
User Image

Final toe:
User Image

You may notice that I keep my makeshift stitch-holder yarn in the stitches until each toe is finished. I did this because each toe was an experiment, and I wanted to be able to just unravel and start over if I made a mistake without having to worry about dropping stitches.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:34 pm
Tried them out. Walking around the house, they're ok, but in shoes, they slip around and the toes slip off. Probably due to them only being ankle socks and the tops being too loose. May re-experiment with a taller sock, or just taking the heel out and making a tube sock.  

Sachiko13

Blood-Spattered-Sundress

7,650 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:54 am
That is awesome! I totally forgot that one can use stray strands of yarn to hold stitches.... Must remember that when I attempt fingerless mittens with half fingers on them.... Anywho! They look great! ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:35 pm
very cool i will try that.  

thomlina

2,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:36 am
Holy man, that's awesome! My (knitted) hats off to you on making all those toes!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:50 am
Thanks to all. I recently started to pick up stitches around the top to make them taller, but got side tracked on Ren Faire stuff, as usual.  

Sachiko13

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff